Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    2007 G35 sedan, non-nav here. I never have problems with it discovery and pairing, and the first time I turn the car off the Pre will correctly detect that. Then the next time I drive it still pairs just fine, but when I turn the car off the Pre doesn't seem to realize that the Bluetooth connection is gone, and I have to turn Bluetooth off and on again for it to start working once again.

As for voice quality, I haven't talked to a real person yet in the car, but I called voicemail and it sounded fine to me.
    I have an 07 g35 sedan and I am getting the crackling too. It's definitely not "defective" Pre's as I'm on my second one (after an exchange) and both pre's had the same issue. I haven't encountered this problem before with any of my previous phones either (treo 700p, Instinct, bberry 8830). It seems to be a possible compatibility issue and maybe the infiniti software/firmware needs to be updated to handle a newer bt version that's in the pre? that's my guess.
    Having severe cracking / popping audio issues when I sync my pre with my Nissan Murano 2009. I have tried another Pre on the same car and had the same issue. The phone syncs right away, but the noise quality is awful. My Centro worked perfectly with the car, and we also tried 2 other demo cell phones at the Sprint store (non Palms) which both worked perfectly. I spent about an hour on the phone with various techs at Palm (after getting nowhere with Sprint) and they basically said an update to the Pre's OS might fix it sometime in the future. Not sure if this is something I should even waste my time contacting Nissan about?
    I can pair just fine on my 2008 Accord, but oddly I can't seem to hang up a call...?
    Quote Originally Posted by rijc99 View Post
    It may be an Infiniti-Pre issue. My 09 FX has bluetooth issues too. My calls goes through fine but every once in a while the car just won't reconnect with the phone. Callers have not complained about sound quality so my situation is slightly different than yours.
    Did this issue ever branch out into its own thread? Anyone else find the phone not paired once in a while when they drive? Thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by dimfeld View Post
    2007 G35 sedan, non-nav here. I never have problems with it discovery and pairing, and the first time I turn the car off the Pre will correctly detect that. Then the next time I drive it still pairs just fine, but when I turn the car off the Pre doesn't seem to realize that the Bluetooth connection is gone, and I have to turn Bluetooth off and on again for it to start working once again.
    I am having this exact same issue w/ my '08 M35. It is a major pain. Did this branch into another thread? Anyone figure out a fix?
    Mine works fine with my 2009 Nissan Altima, but not quite as good as my Sprint Treo Pro does. It is still very clear but not quite as clear as the Pro. I have owned many different phones and not all of them worked well in my car. It really depends on the phone because they all work differently with Bluetooth systems. The biggest problem I have with the Pre is it doesn't connect very consistently with my car or headset. I am constantly losing connection which never happened on my Treo Pro. Hopefully they can fix this with a future software update or I might have to go back to the Treo Pro.
    I have a '02 TL with an aftermarket Motorola T605.
    I have used an M500 and Instinct with it and calls were clear.
    But for some reason the Pre is scratchy during a call. The A2DP portion of it seems okay, though I have noticed more "digital" jarble with it than with other phones (it sounds like a LOW bit rate MP3 but all my stuff is at 192kbps).
    But the calls were a dissapointment. Both my caller and I have noticed the poor, scratchy quality on both ends.

My other motorola stereo headphones sound okay playing music, but I haven't used them to place a call yet.
    The static on bluetooth is a problem affecting Nissan & Infiniti cars. There are many discussions on the Palm's forum:

forums.palm.com/palm/board?board.id=bluetooth_and_wifi]Bluetooth & WiFi - Palm Support Forums

I was hoping that this new update would address it. But, still staticy after the update.
    Quote Originally Posted by bronxbomber View Post
    My 2007 Audi A4 does not seem to pick up the Pre, and the Pre doesn't list the car as a device to sync with. Not sure if it's the same problem, such as older Bluetooth technology in the car.

Do I have to call Audi to find out what the deal is? Or is this something I can fix myself?
    This is just to followup that this morning my Pre synch'd with the car - it was my first time trying in a while and not really sure what changed but am thinking it had something to do with the 1.0.4 update. Regardless, just thrilled to be able to use it in the car properly.

Cheers!
    Pioneer AVIC-D3 with the CD-BTB200 Bluetooth module.

Works:

- Calls in and out (but the AVIC takes some futzing to get it to auto-connect instead of re-pairing every time)
    - AVRCP (aka music controls over bluetooth)

Doesn't work:

- Transferring addressbook (from what I understand, the AVIC-D3 doesn't pull, only accepts pushed contacts, and the Pre can't push yet)
    - A2DP Music.

...ahem, yes. I can play, pause, hit next, etc.. but there is no sound. Seems to be a common problem with this pioneer deck.

Pioneer Bluetooth problems --- need tech advice - webOS Hardware - Palm Support Community
    New Pioneer DEH-P7100BT here and everything works great! So much better than my old Sony Ericsson kit.

A2DP, AVRCP work flawlessly. Calls and pairing work great. All my phonebook is in the HU. I did get prompted after pairing to allow or deny sharing of contacts with the radio and they all went in when I hit accept. Call quality is superb.
    Palm History: Palm III>IIIc>CLIÉ NR70v>CLIÉ TG50>Tungsten C>Treo 650>Treo 700p>Centro>Pre!! 6/5/09
    Phone History: Way too long

Sorry Timmy, SERO does not work with the Pre.
    If you have an iTouch click me.
    '08 G35x here...same issues as other Infiniti owners. however, i'd say 10% of the time, it works fine. this needs to be fixed asap. my old Motorola Razr V9M worked fine, and was great.
    I just thought I'd update here---while my Pre did not work so well with my Pioneer DEH-P980BT, I replaced it with a CarPC and now everything is flawless..

I recommend everyone ditch their POS factory stereos and upgrade
  15.    #55  
    **UPDATE**
    Palm has the following thread going to collect possible data regarding bluetooth issues.
    Oddly enough, there are a bunch of infy/nissan owners.
    So get out there and make yourself heard!

Bluetooth Related Issues with Car kits regarding the Palm Pre - Bluetooth & WiFi - Palm Support Community
    Global Posts
    78 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ScrapMaker View Post
    I just thought I'd update here---while my Pre did not work so well with my Pioneer DEH-P980BT, I replaced it with a CarPC and now everything is flawless..

I recommend everyone ditch their POS factory stereos and upgrade
    What is a CarPC?
    Global Posts
    46 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by blawrepre View Post
    TEMPORARY FIX - I spoke with Infiniti (they're aware of the problem) and the tech told me to take the call off of the Bluetooth speaker (putting it onto the handset) and then reconnect the Bluetooth speaker and it should fix the problem. I tried it and it works! Only problem is you have to do it everytime you get/place a call.
    Thanks for that excellent tip ! It worked like a charm for me. It's a bit of a pain to have to do this for every call, but it's well worth the effort !
  18.    #58  
    Please see update in first post
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123