Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by blawrepre View Post
    TEMPORARY FIX - I spoke with Infiniti (they're aware of the problem) and the tech told me to take the call off of the Bluetooth speaker (putting it onto the handset) and then reconnect the Bluetooth speaker and it should fix the problem. I tried it and it works! Only problem is you have to do it everytime you get/place a call.
    I had the same exact problem with my 2007 G35 and an HTC Touch Pro last November - and the same temporary fix worked for that phone, too. I still returned the phone, since it's a pain to put the call to the handset and back to the car while you're trying to drive.

Did Infiniti say it was something they could fix, or did they put the blame on Palm?

The only reason I didn't buy a Pre on day one (I had the opportunity) was that I wanted to make sure that I wouldn't have the same car bluetooth problem with the Pre that I had with the Touch Pro.
    Global Posts
    5 Global Posts
    No issues with Bluetooth Audio for me in my 08 Honda Accord. In fact, better sound quality than my previous HTC MOGUL.
    Global Posts
    11 Global Posts
    I have the same problem with my 2008 G35x but did not experience problems with my HTC Touch Pro. Even with these quirks, I still love my Pre over that WinMo Touch Pro! I'll have to try the temporary fix when I actually do receive a call in the car. Thanks for the tip!
    For me, everything seems to work in my 2007 Mitsubishi Outlander, EXCEPT for hanging up. Pushing the hang up button on my car sends the pre into hold, and does not hang up the call. Ugh.
    Patrick (the tech from Infiniti) called me back to see if his "temporary fix" worked - I told him yes. He asked me to post that you should only do the "temporary fix" while your car is in Park - I guess Patrick doesn't want to get sued if someone crashes their car while performing his "fix."
  6.    #26  
    Quote Originally Posted by bronxbomber View Post
    My 2007 Audi A4 does not seem to pick up the Pre, and the Pre doesn't list the car as a device to sync with. Not sure if it's the same problem, such as older Bluetooth technology in the car.

Do I have to call Audi to find out what the deal is? Or is this something I can fix myself?
    honestly, pairing issues such as non-discovery are the trickiest ones..besides making sure that your pre is discoverable when you sync, there is not much you can do. i would try calling both audi and palm for assistance
    Having same issues with my Infiniti EX. My Lotus phone was no problem with the same car. I hope it's something they can fix as it will be a deal breaker for me and I will return the phone.
    Global Posts
    261 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Yankees368 View Post
    For me, everything seems to work in my 2007 Mitsubishi Outlander, EXCEPT for hanging up. Pushing the hang up button on my car sends the pre into hold, and does not hang up the call. Ugh.
    I'm having the exact same problem with my Acura HFL. I contacted bothe Acura and Palm. The Palm rep said they would turn the issue over to engineering. Ant to Acura's defense, they said they haven't been given the phone for testing yet
  9.    #29  
    Quote Originally Posted by blawrepre View Post
    TEMPORARY FIX - I spoke with Infiniti (they're aware of the problem) and the tech told me to take the call off of the Bluetooth speaker (putting it onto the handset) and then reconnect the Bluetooth speaker and it should fix the problem. I tried it and it works! Only problem is you have to do it everytime you get/place a call.
    This is great!...will give it a shot - thanks

BTW - regarding my test with another pre - i was able to repro the issue so its not *my* pre, hoping the future software upgrade for the pre and/or infiniti should resolve
    Infiniti's bluetooth support has always seem shoddy to me, albeit I don't know if it is more the phone manufacturer's fault or Infiniti's. I had connection trouble with my G35 and the LG Dare for the longest time, although a firmware update of the Dare finally fixed that issue. Now, the Pre is also having issues.

I think older Infiniti cars like mine (2006 model) don't work well with newer Bluetooth profiles, but I am disappointed to hear that the 2008-2009 model lines might also be having issues.
    Global Posts
    217 Global Posts
    I did had problems with the Centro but with PRE I only made two calls and I asked the person I called how is the sound and they said it was good. I have Chrysler built in U-Connect system.
    Global Posts
    11 Global Posts
    I tried the temporary fix on my 2008 G35x and although the static has decreased, it still isn't as good as my Touch Pro (bluetooth connectivity). Hopefully an update would be able to fix this...
    I have a 2008 G35x and am experiencing the same crackling issue as everyone else with an Infiniti. Has to be an Infiniti thing. Anyway, the Pre works perfectly with my Plantronics headset. Also, I have used other phones in my G35x (755p and a Moto Razr) and they both worked perfectly. So it has to be an Infiniti - Pre thing. I will try the disconnect reconnect thing ... if anyone figures out how to get an Infiniti software update to bluetooth please post.
    My Pre will not auto-connect to my DEH-P980BT (Pioneer Premier headunit.)

When it connects, it sounds fine, but I have to initiate the connection from the phone. The problem lies in the fact that the Pre will not ever stay in ALWAYS-DISCOVERABLE mode. Some hands-free kits need this--especially mine. On my older phones, I would just throw it in that mode when I would be driving a lot, and when I was done for the day, I'd turn off BT completely.

Now I have to re-connect everytime I get in the car. Fairly annoying.
    Global Posts
    43 Global Posts
    Got a 07 G35. Phone will not stay connected at all. 755p worked like a charm. Also big problem is lack of being able to send contacts by bluetooth.
    My wife and I both drive G35s. I have the 2008 model and she drives the 2006. Testing with two phones (Pre), both paired with my wife's car without any issues. The call quality is impressive and no issues with it staying connected. My 2008 paired with the phones OK, but the sound quality is terrible.

Weird it works on a 2006 but not on the 2008.
    2009 Cadillac CTS here - no problems with the connection. Though I do find that it can be up to 30 seconds after I start the car that I see the "Bluetooth" in the DIC. If I tap the power button on the Pre, the DIC shows Bluetooth right away, so I'm guessing when the Pre is "asleep" it only broadcasts the discovery code at an interval to save power.

Sound quality had been excellent.
    I tried the disconnect/reconnect 'fix' described in here for Infiniti vehicles and it still sounds terrible
    Global Posts
    103 Global Posts
    i have samer issue with my 2007 g35. i hope can fix this asap!
    Come Visit Us at www.parkflyers.com
    I have an 06 A6 and it synced up instantly. you might have to set up the bluetooth on the car first as well. the default code is 1234.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast