Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Quote Originally Posted by dfine1966 View Post
    Has anyone tested this battery yet. There is a coupon for Seidio that ends today with 10% off entire purchase. I don't want to buy it if it is a waist of money except to buy an extra battery. If it does last longer than it is worth it.

By the way the coupon code which was mentioned in an earlier post is dad10
    It is a nice improvement, but not huge. It gives me a couple more hours of use.
    Anyone know if the Seidio battery is compatable with the touchstone?
    Global Posts
    49 Global Posts
    a couple of extra hours sounds descent ... I might pull the trigger on this one.
    Ok just ordered mine.
    Quote Originally Posted by imtravis View Post
    Anyone know if the Seidio battery is compatable with the touchstone?
    Any battery that fits under the touchstone battery cover will be compatible with the touchstone. The charging circuitry and power 'receiver' are in the battery cover, not the battery.

So yes, it is.
    Quote Originally Posted by Micael
    Check your private messages please.
    Hello,

Just replied! Please check to see if you received our response!

Quote Originally Posted by jtlapp
    My Seidio 1350 mAh just arrived. The instructions say, "Prior to inserting the battery into your phone, please allow 8 hours for initial charge time."

How do I charge the battery before putting it in my phone? I didn't order a separate charger, don't remember reading that I needed to.

I sent Seidio an email asking about this, will let you know the response. Meanwhile, the battery will just sit on my desk.
    Hello,

For any new battery, it is always a good idea to fully charge it for the first few times to calibrate it correctly. To do so without a spare charger. You could allocate time for it to charge during your work hours, or simply just plug it in right before you go to sleep.

It is not absolutely required to do this, but it just helps to condition the battery to get the most out of it!

Hope these information helps!
    Global Posts
    362 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by seidioseidio View Post
    For any new battery, it is always a good idea to fully charge it for the first few times to calibrate it correctly. To do so without a spare charger. You could allocate time for it to charge during your work hours, or simply just plug it in right before you go to sleep.

It is not absolutely required to do this, but it just helps to condition the battery to get the most out of it!

Hope these information helps!
    Thanks for the response. So you're saying that the instructions that come with the battery are incorrect? That the instructions should instead just read, "Please charge the battery for 8 hours prior to initial use"?

As written, the instructions are a bit disconcerting, because I have to violate them by inserting the battery into the phone before charging.

Thanks for your quick response! (No email yet.)
    Can someone please quantify the extra boost in battery life using this battery? Would be nice to have the following data:

Battery life OEM vs. Seidio 1350 (max draw)
    Battery life OEM vs. Seidio 1350 (min draw)
    Quote Originally Posted by jtlapp
    Thanks for the response. So you're saying that the instructions that come with the battery are incorrect? That the instructions should instead just read, "Please charge the battery for 8 hours prior to initial use"?

As written, the instructions are a bit disconcerting, because I have to violate them by inserting the battery into the phone before charging.

Thanks for your quick response! (No email yet.)
    Hello,

Sorry about the wording on the manual. It is a bit confusing and you are right, it should read something like "prior to using this battery, please allow it to charge 8 full hours". You can definitely your phone as a charging device for it at night or anytime that you are using your phone for an extended period of time!
    Quote Originally Posted by Shane112358 View Post
    Can someone please quantify the extra boost in battery life using this battery? Would be nice to have the following data:

Battery life OEM vs. Seidio 1350 (max draw)
    Battery life OEM vs. Seidio 1350 (min draw)
    Think we'll have to wait a few days for this - but I am certainly monitoring this thread for feedback.
    It's not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent, but the one most responsive to change” - Darwin
    Global Posts
    362 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by seidioseidio View Post
    Hello,

Sorry about the wording on the manual. It is a bit confusing and you are right, it should read something like "prior to using this battery, please allow it to charge 8 full hours". You can definitely your phone as a charging device for it at night or anytime that you are using your phone for an extended period of time!
    Excellent! Thank you for the clarification. I'll charge it tonight.

~joe
    Global Posts
    258 Global Posts
    According to the Seido website re: the bigger batt...

- Includes an rubberized battery door to improve grip
    - Extends the depth of your device by only millimeters
    I would assume that the included "battery door" is to accommodate the "extended .... depth" of the new batt. The question about the Touchstone seems to be relevant again...
    The are 2 types of extended batteries...a 1350mah & a 2200mah (double the capacity of the standard battery). The battery that is shipping is the 1350mah one. The bigger 2200mah battery will need the extended door. That extended door will NOT work with the touchstone. The 1350mah battery will fit under the stock battery door, thus it WILL work with the touchstone.
    Correct --- the 1350mah works fine with the touchstone. The 2200mah will not unless someone decides to make an extended touchstone door. Of course, with 2200mah, you really dont need to charge your phone as often, so this may be a moot point.
  15. ame
    Global Posts
    2,714 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jameskk View Post
    I thought that Palm has said not to use Centro batteries because there was a difference in them and Pre batteries???
    Quote Originally Posted by NickDG View Post
    So what is the difference? Both have the same ratings and other forum members have used them with no problems.
    According to the Palm rep at my local store as well as the sales guy I usually buy from, there is a smartchip in the Pre battery that prevents overcharging as well as overheating of the battery AND phone to prevent explosions.
    Quote Originally Posted by cobracrazy View Post
    I should be fine then. I never use my Pre "intensively"

Thank you for the clarification.
    famous last words lol!
    jtlapp, ideally charge it to full with your phone turned off.
    Global Posts
    143 Global Posts
    Wonder what the chances are of them making a larger capacity batter that fits in the current space.... like the 1350mah version. IE how long it would take for a 1500mah version to come out that would not require the extended cover so it would work with touchstone.

Or is 1350 the most they can fit in the battery that size?
    Global Posts
    74 Global Posts
    Here's a related question. For those of you that now have the new Seidio battery, does it generate as much heat as the old battery - both while charging and extended use?
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234