Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by ShadowGod View Post
    Yes. We're talking about this one which is new for the Pre and it shipped today:

Innocell 1350mAh Extended Life Battery
    So what is the difference? Both have the same ratings and other forum members have used them with no problems.
    Palm Vx -> Treo 600 -> Treo 700p -> Centro -> Pre (Launch Phone 06/06/09) -> AT&T Pre Plus with Sprint EVDO swap -> Samsung Epic 4G w/ Froyo
    Quote Originally Posted by NickDG View Post
    So what is the difference? Both have the same ratings and other forum members have used them with no problems.
    I don't know if you can use a Centro battery. I don't know what the difference is.
    I don't know if you can use a Centro battery. I don't know what the difference is.
    Sorry I meant to quote Seido not you.
    Palm Vx -> Treo 600 -> Treo 700p -> Centro -> Pre (Launch Phone 06/06/09) -> AT&T Pre Plus with Sprint EVDO swap -> Samsung Epic 4G w/ Froyo
    If you go to the accessory forum, a representative from Seidio has answered the questions you are asking. The battery for the Pre is different than the Centro battery.
    I want to know if this increases the heat of the phone when charging.
    Quote Originally Posted by dfine1966 View Post
    If you go to the accessory forum, a representative from Seidio has answered the questions you are asking. The battery for the Pre is different than the Centro battery.
    I saw what was posted, but I want to know WHAT is different.
    I have been using the 1350 battery for a few days, it is a nice but not huge increase in battery life.
    Quote Originally Posted by bryanharig View Post
    I have been using the 1350 battery for a few days, it is a nice but not huge increase in battery life.
    Does this battery work with the Touchstone charger?
    Global Posts
    78 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by southflguy View Post
    He said the 1350 one uses the original cover size, so yes, you'd still be able to use your touchstone back cover.
    Global Posts
    108 Global Posts
    I'm so happy mine just shipped as well. I dont think that i am going to need anything larger than the 1350. Since I set my MSN mail to retrieve manually my battery life has doubled. Although, my msn mail still comes through on its own every 2-3 hours. It crazy. But I can deal with it. I used to get 5 hours of battery life. Today after 5 hours i still had 50%.
    Quote Originally Posted by reidme View Post
    They said they wouldn't be available until next week, but I just got an email that mine shipped today.
    My $8 Centro battery, off Ebay shipped too. I figure I'll probably only be using it on long trips where I'm away from power...like a flight to Hawaii.
    I wonder if we'll see something like the extended battery with a touchstone-compatible back
    Quote Originally Posted by southflguy View Post
    Yes!
    Quote Originally Posted by dfine1966 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by jameskk View Post
    I thought that Palm has said not to use Centro batteries because there was a difference in them and Pre batteries???
    Everyone wants to pretend they have some special knowledge about this difference.

What is different? Lets hear some facts, backed up by some proof before we keep repeating this hearsay.

Dozens of people on this forum alone have been using Centro batteries for days with and without the Touchstone without a single issue.
    Quote Originally Posted by bryanharig View Post
    Everyone wants to pretend they have some special knowledge about this difference.

What is different? Lets hear some facts, backed up by some proof before we keep repeating this hearsay.

Dozens of people on this forum alone have been using Centro batteries for days with and without the Touchstone without a single issue.
    Find me these posts!! Not calling you out but this would deffinately be something I would do if it works because those batteries are cheaper aren't they, or at least easier to find on ebay lol!
    Quote Originally Posted by jknorr View Post
    Find me these posts!! Not calling you out but this would deffinately be something I would do if it works because those batteries are cheaper aren't they, or at least easier to find on ebay lol!
    Lets find out:

http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...cessories.html
    For those of you that missed it, a person from Seidio was answering questions about the 1350 and his answers are on the bottom of this post. He didn't say what the differences were, but did say there is a difference. Just call Seidio and ask, instead of playing the guessing game.

06/09/2009, 01:25 PM #9 (permalink)
    seidioseidio

Quote:
    Originally Posted by bryanharig
    Does anyone believe that this isnt just the Centro battery with a new label on it? There is no way Seidio could have engineered and released a totally new design this fast.
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by gmanvbva
    It's not that complicated to produce a battery...

You have battery cells that are connected and contact points?
    Hello,

Thank you for your interest in our products!

On the contrary, it does take a bit to figure out the battery and I can tell you first hand that IT IS NOT THE SAME! I was there with our Pre when it repeatedly power cycle itself on the Centro battery. My engineers told me that although it may power it up, the tweaks that Palm did just enough for us to develop a new battery for the Pre.

We are able to turn around to develop that fast because we have plenty of experience developing full line of Smartphone accessories. Fast is our middle name! :P
    What an unbiased source!

Sounds like their Pre is broken. Because the 2 I have here work fine with any centro battery I have gotten my hands on.
    I used a Centro battery in the Pre for over an hour, made a call, and even charged it via USB cable to top it off. I also fully charged a drained Pre battery in a Centro. No explosions.
    Global Posts
    739 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by seidioseidio View Post
    Hello,

Yes our battery is OEM size with more juice in it. You will be able to continue to use the original door.
    I sent you a private message regarding your products. Do you check your messages?
    The Law of Logical Argument: Anything is possible if you don't know what you are talking about.
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast