1.    #1  
    OK, it's time folks. I read that the touchstone requires about $5 in parts and sells for $40 at Precentral (cheaper than at Palm/Sprint). It's time for an aftermarket solution.

You guys are creative as heck and there is clearly some money to be made for a $20 charger. Folks could even make some car-specific designs or one with a USB hub so I can charge my Bluetooth or something else.

Capitalism at work.
    Give it time!

What REALLY ticked me off is I paid $70 and it did not come with the damn wire and AC-USB converter! Come on!! I have to use the one that came with the phone! It is also a small opening so I could not use another cheaper one I had. If I get another Touchstone charger I have to somehow find another cord that will fit that damn thing. They designed it in-set so you cannot just plug in a generic cable!

THAT IS LAME. Palm please include the wire and charger in the kit already!!!

All Pre's should have shipped with the replacement back already on and "Touchstone ready" as well.
    Last edited by Paladin; 06/11/2009 at 03:10 PM.
    Systems Analyst by trade, Drummer by desire and Music Lover by birth. A self proclaimed Geek and gadget nut. ii

Did you know: The Pittsburgh Steelers have more championships than 21 other NFL teams combined!
    Pittsburgh Steelers-6 Time Super Bowl Champions!

Pittsburgh Penguins-3 Time Stanley Cup Champions!
    Quote Originally Posted by 1Paladin View Post
    All Pre's should have shipped with the replacement back already on and "Touchstone ready" as well.
    +1
    For the price? Maybe so.

But I actually agree with Spralm's piecemeal options because, if they'd made EVERY kit come with a charging cord, of which every user will have at least one, a battery door (of which previous Touchstone owners will own at least one and won't likely need another - at least for some time), the price probably would've been higher and we'd be complaining* about that.

* - not that I'm one of those forum members who have ANY problem with people complaining about these things.
    * Stuck patches? Partial erase worked for me.
    * Stuck virtual keyboard? Partial erase AND folder deletion worked for me.
    I paid $70.

Whatever.
    I am saying that the battery cover that shipped with the Pre should already have been the chargeable one. It should have been "Touchstone accessory" ready. No need to sell extra. It is basically the same cover and could not have cost THAT much more.

All Touchstone chargers would come with a cable. I am not the only person here that may buy another one! They also won't accept just any cable, you need a very skinny end one. At least put the connector right on the back and not inset!!!
    Systems Analyst by trade, Drummer by desire and Music Lover by birth. A self proclaimed Geek and gadget nut. ii

Did you know: The Pittsburgh Steelers have more championships than 21 other NFL teams combined!
    Pittsburgh Steelers-6 Time Super Bowl Champions!

Pittsburgh Penguins-3 Time Stanley Cup Champions!
    I'll go one further. I want one that will charge a spare battery too.
    wonder if my sonicare toothbrush charger would do anything.
    Give it time!
    It is also a small opening so I could not use another cheaper one I had. If I get another Touchstone charger I have to somehow find another cord that will fit that damn thing. They designed it in-set so you cannot just plug in a generic cable!
    This is true but you can easily trim the excess plastic of a generic micro-usb cable to make it fit. Not elegant I agree but doable.
    Palm Pre
    (formerly TouchPro, iPhone 3G, Curve, 8800, Treo800p, E61, N9300, Treo 700p ,Treo 600, I500, I330, Treo 300, I300, 6035)
    Quote Originally Posted by kilword View Post
    wonder if my sonicare toothbrush charger would do anything.
    Let us know!!!! Just remember you cant brush your teeth with a Pre.
    Quote Originally Posted by kilofoxtrot View Post
    Actually I think there is an app in developement for this!
    Quote Originally Posted by kilofoxtrot View Post
    LOL I tried this the first day and posted a thread here. People thought I was nuts but worth a try. It didn't work.

Sonicare Attempt
    Who am I, sir? A Utah man am I A Utah man, sir, and will be till I die!
    Please Post your Topic in the Pre Accessories Forum.

http://discussion.treocentral.com/pa...d-threads.html

Thanks,
    Berd.
    Just call me Berd.