1.    #1  
    I just received this from monoprice.com (I threw it in with my cables) and it charges the Pre instantly (with the monoprice cables).

I only left it on the charger for about 5 minutes during lunch but it appeared to work perfectly. Pre started to charge immediately after being plugged in.

It is rated at 5.0 V and 1000ma.

For only $0.83 each when QTY 50+ purchased - Car Charger (Cigarette Lighter) to USB Female Converter - Black | Car Charger Accessories
    Global Posts
    167 Global Posts
    Yup! Works like a charm! Just received mine today from Monoprice...I love Monoprice. A car charger for under a buck! It really is ridiculous the markup on this kind of stuff at stores...and most people don't know any better. But I guess stores need to make money somehow. The savings achieved on this item (and my other Pre cables from them) makes it easier to shell out big bucks for Touchstones.

The other things I ordered from them for my Pre:

$0.94 each - USB 2.0 A Male to Micro 5pin Male Cable w/ Ferrite Core - (Gold Plated) - 3ft (for synching and charging at home and work)

$0.77 each - 3.5mm Stereo Plug/Plug M/M Retractable Cable (Black) [for home, work, travel and car...plug your Pre into your car stereo and stream Pandora]
    Global Posts
    599 Global Posts
    wonder if i can return the sprint car charger. only bought it cuz I had to go on a road trip right after i bought the pre.
    Global Posts
    45 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by timmo View Post
    Yup! Works like a charm! Just received mine today from Monoprice...I love Monoprice. A car charger for under a buck! It really is ridiculous the markup on this kind of stuff at stores...and most people don't know any better. But I guess stores need to make money somehow. The savings achieved on this item (and my other Pre cables from them) makes it easier to shell out big bucks for Touchstones.

The other things I ordered from them for my Pre:

$0.94 each - USB 2.0 A Male to Micro 5pin Male Cable w/ Ferrite Core - (Gold Plated) - 3ft (for synching and charging at home and work)

$0.77 each - 3.5mm Stereo Plug/Plug M/M Retractable Cable (Black) [for home, work, travel and car...plug your Pre into your car stereo and stream Pandora]
    Thanks for the recommendations!!! I just made my first monoprice order! such a great price!
    Global Posts
    59 Global Posts
    ordered a cable and the car adapter, thanks for heads up