1.    #1  
    I am curious to how they output the screen of the Pre to a monitor or projector when they do their presentations. Is it available/possible to buy this adapter so I can put sprinttv on a monitor at work?
    Quote Originally Posted by white8785 View Post
    I am curious to how they output the screen of the Pre to a monitor or projector when they do their presentations. Is it available/possible to buy this adapter so I can put sprinttv on a monitor at work?
    I wouldn't count on that. The only phone I have really ever seen that on is the HTC Touch Pro.
    It looked to me like the wire was coming from the internals of the device, so yeah, I doubt it'll be possible.
    Global Posts
    442 Global Posts
    Yeah I was likely just a cable that was spliced right to the video signal running to the LCD screen.
  5.    #5  
    yeah, i noticed it was coming from the top of the device, and just had my fingers crossed. that would be awesome if there was some way for this to happen.

thanks for the info fellas.
    I know that on the TP, HTC had to use their own standard called EXT-USB to accomplish video out via USB. I dont think standard microUSB is capable of video out.
  7. d94
    Global Posts
    304 Global Posts
    the chip on the pre is capable of video out..palm's just gotta implement it
    palm pro > visor > m100 > visor prism > clie sl30 > zire 71 > dell X5 > toshiba E755 > clie NX70 > ipaq 2200 > Treo 700w (verizon) > Treo 700wx (sprint) > Treo 755p (sprint) > HTC Mogul > HTC Diamond > HTC Touch Pro > Pre
    Quote Originally Posted by Yankees368 View Post
    I know that on the TP, HTC had to use their own standard called EXT-USB to accomplish video out via USB. I dont think standard microUSB is capable of video out.
    Psp employs another method to put whatever is on the screen onto a television monitor: A head phone jack that has six additional pins on the side. It can either be with three RCA Jacks or the more advanced five RCA jacks (each sold separately for about $20)

---------------------------
    palmIIIc ->Palm m505 ->Sony Tj-37 ->Sony Th-55 ->Treo 650(sprint)
  9.    #9  
    Well that sucks. I wonder if we could find a way to view sprint tv on a pc through your phone app or something. Turn this thing into a router/streaming server and that would be sick. Thanks for the info guys.
    That would be awesome, but I'm not optomistic. It will come, maybe in version 2 of the hardware. I could use that on Powerpoint, videos and a few other applications.