Global Posts
    61 Global Posts
    Due to the security required by my IT department's policies, I was forced to put a password on my unlock screen (so that any slimey ******* who would steal my Pre wouldn't have access to the company's Exchange Server informatino). Understandible, but a pain nonetheless.

A weird quirk that I have found is that when I'm at my desk with the phone on the Touchstone, it never goes into lock mode. That's pretty nice because I am not forced to type in the password every time I pick up the phone. However, when I'm at home with the phone on the same exact touchstone, it goes into lock mode after 1 minute (the standard 'power off' time).

So, there are two questions here...
    1) Why the difference in behavior?
    2) Is it possible to make it always stay on (out of lock mode) when sitting on the touchstone?

Thanks for your help.
    I hate that lock screen! I cant wait until a more elegant solution like the pattern-unlock on Android is available.

Sorry...I dont have any info on your situation...just wanted to chime in (and subsequently give you a bump)!
    Global Posts
    130 Global Posts
    Is there a difference in wi-fi between the two locations, i.e. do you connect to wi-fi at home but not at work? No idea why that would change the behavior, but just trying to think what the difference could be.
    Global Posts
    61 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by wlmoore View Post
    Is there a difference in wi-fi between the two locations.
    That was my first though, so I left wi-fi turned off all day yesterday, still the same result. Phone stayed on while at work, went to lock screen when at home.

Where's that engineer that was posting about chargers earlier? I need his brain on this. Lol.
    Global Posts
    61 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BMIC50 View Post
    Sorry...I dont have any info on your situation...just wanted to chime in (and subsequently give you a bump)!
    Thanks for the bump
    Its odd, I know if you slide the keyboard up while its on the touchstone you dont deal with the lock screen.
    Global Posts
    18 Global Posts
    is one plugged into usb on a computer and one into the wall? prehaps the different juice gives it different characteristics.
    Also, is the phone's screen on or off when you place it on the Touchstone. If the screen is already on, it may just stay on and unlocked. If the screen is off, it will show you the clock and thus require you to unlock it. Just something to try.
    Global Posts
    61 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by deuxcv View Post
    is one plugged into usb on a computer and one into the wall?
    My touchstone won't charge the phone while plugged into USB, only when plugged into a wall outlet. So that isn't the issue. But on a side note, it is quite annoying that it can't charge via touchstone->usb->computer.

Quote Originally Posted by mkrajew View Post
    Also, is the phone's screen on or off when you place it on the Touchstone. If the screen is already on, it may just stay on and unlocked. If the screen is off, it will show you the clock and thus require you to unlock it. Just something to try.
    Good points, those prompted me to try all sorts of variations...
    - screen off when it hits touchstone, goes to lock after 1 minute
    - screen on when it hits touchstone, lock
    - keyboard out when it hits touchstone, lock
    - keyboard out and screen on when it hits touchstone, lock

Ugg. Baffling.

Some more info:
    - both locations, the charger is plugged into a 6-outlet power strip (not surge protected, shame on me).
    - both locations, same charger (I don't think I ever actually mentioned that I didn't drop $140 for two chargers, I just tote it back and forth)

Keep the helpful posts coming and I'll keep experimenting, maybe we can learn something when we find the resolution.
    Global Posts
    61 Global Posts
    bumpity