Global Posts
    76 Global Posts
    I bought three Pre Phones. I wanted to put one touchstone charger in the family room so everyone can "top off" when needed.

So, I thought it would be simple to buy one touchstone and three new backs.

Sprint tells me the back is not sold as a separate item. I would have to buy three complete touchstone kits.

IF this is true - I'm waiting... surely this will change once supply catches up? I'm not buying three complete touchstone kits at $80+
    It's still expensive, but if you are a S|P customer, you can get a 25% discount on accessories.

Also, PreCentral's store has them for cheaper as well.
    I can't post links yet, but check out the shop section at palm.com.

$19.99 for the Touchstone cover by itself.
    Quote Originally Posted by wfcentral View Post
    I bought three Pre Phones. I wanted to put one touchstone charger in the family room so everyone can "top off" when needed.

So, I thought it would be simple to buy one touchstone and three new backs.

Sprint tells me the back is not sold as a separate item. I would have to buy three complete touchstone kits.

IF this is true - I'm waiting... surely this will change once supply catches up? I'm not buying three complete touchstone kits at $80+

Do not fear my friend. A simple search of the PALM website will show you that you can indeed buy just the BACK alone (19.99).

See the link below
    Palm Pre™ Back Cover - Palm Accessories
    Global Posts
    76 Global Posts
    just went to palm store and bought exactly what I wanted (one charger + 3 backs) - and IN STOCK (not available from Sprint right now).
    Global Posts
    72 Global Posts
    FYI, you are also going to need a micro USB cable for each of the touchstones.
    Global Posts
    789 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SirBC View Post
    He wants 1 Touchstone 3 backs he only needs the one cable that came with phone.
    Global Posts
    76 Global Posts
    as sjjones confirms...

I bought 1 touchstone with AC adapter and 3 touchstone backs... so, I should be good to go.
    Global Posts
    261 Global Posts
    Is the PreCentral store going to stock this soon?
    ...hopefully with the same 28% discount
    Global Posts
    261 Global Posts
    Also PreCentral should find a MicroUSB cable they could sell for $5 and put that up too.
    Quote Originally Posted by SirBC View Post
    Palms giving a few options. Check these out to see what I'm referring to..

Touchstone : Palm USA

Also, scrolling down shows individual purchases. Touchstone $49.99. Matte Back $19.99. Charger with cable $39.99
    One review mentioned that the touchstone backs make the phone feel better. If I wanted to get just the back w/o the dock, is the phone still able to be charged with the charger that comes in the box, or would I have to switch the back to the original cover? I wasn't interested in the touchstone after reading about how hot the phone gets when in use.
    The value of knowledge is not in its possession, but in its use.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sukiyaki View Post
    One review mentioned that the touchstone backs make the phone feel better. If I wanted to get just the back w/o the dock, is the phone still able to be charged with the charger that comes in the box, or would I have to switch the back to the original cover? I wasn't interested in the touchstone after reading about how hot the phone gets when in use.
    Absolutely, With the port on the side of the phone..

And I do like the touchstone back better!
    Quote Originally Posted by AZwldcats View Post
    Absolutely, With the port on the side of the phone..

And I do like the touchstone back better!

I'm curious, why do you like the Touchstone back better, what's different or improved about it? Thanks, Casey.
    Casey
    Sprint 755p, 700p, 650 - I am not a geek! Really!
    Quote Originally Posted by Casey Cheung View Post
    I'm curious, why do you like the Touchstone back better, what's different or improved about it? Thanks, Casey.
    Just not as slippery and has more grip for your hands. Also, not a fingerprint magnet.
    Quote Originally Posted by NM08SRT8 View Post
    Just not as slippery and has more grip for your hands. Also, not a fingerprint magnet.
    Exactly!