Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    Global Posts
    773 Global Posts
    Ok, i've read a lot so far about different protective skins, i thought i'd sum it up for everyone. Disclaimer: I ordered the BodyGuardz

PRODUCTS
    invisibleSHIELD by Zagg
    Full Body for $24.95
    Front Only for $14.95
    20% Off Coupon 'ZAGG20'

Best Skins Ever
    Full Body for $4.99 (Sale ends 6/12)

BodyGuardz
    Full Body for $24.95 (Includes 2 sets)
    Front Only for $14.95 (Includes 2)
    20% Off Coupon 'macworld'

Ghost Armor
    Full Body for $24.99
    Front Only for $14.99
    10% Off Coupon '20081407'

Phantom Skinz
    $9.95 to $24.95

Invisible Armor
    Front Only $14.99
    50% Off Coupon 'FATHERSDAY09', Thanks mikeh20

DISCUSSIONS
    invisibleSHIELD
    invisibleSHIELD 2
    invisibleSHIELD 3

Best Skins Ever

BodyGuardz with Pictures
    BodyGuardz 2

Ghost Armor
    Ghost Armor 2

invisibleSHIELD vs bodyguardz
    Another Good Discussion

Skin Protector Poll

YOUTUBE VIDEOS

REVIEWS
    BodyGuardz SkinReview By jp700p
    Best Skins Ever Review W/ Great Pictures By vutha
    Last edited by cashen; 06/12/2009 at 09:47 PM.
    Global Posts
    696 Global Posts
    Typo? Invisibleshield
    Thanks for your research.

I'm going to need to move this thread to the Pre Accessories forum.
    Just call me Berd.
    I just ordered Phantom Skinz Cell Phone Screen Protectors, Accessories & Screen Covers | PhantomSkinz.com based on other reviews it's supposed to be better than invisibleshield with less edge peel..

we'll see..
    Thanks for the run through with the prices and discounts and all. That helps me look at my options in one nice concise place. I created a poll so people can vote for the one they prefer. I forgot to add Phantom Skinz though.
    ^ I'll go add it.
    Just call me Berd.
    Global Posts
    68 Global Posts
    my ghost armor came yesterday (front only, for 2 pres). i tried installing mine last night even though i hated to have to pull my battery.

the screen went on moderately well after following the included directions but was quite difficult to get it to stick in the top corners. after several (5+) minutes of squeegee use and the prescribed 2 hour wait, i returned to my pre to see it looked like total crap. there were large air bubbles that hadn't been there before, and the top corner edges had failed to adhere despite my persistent use of the "hold down til they stick" method.

so... i took it off. i will try again tonight and see how i can do. so far, i am not impressed and pretty skeptical. i suspect that i may end up going without a screen protector and trying like heck not to scratch my beautiful device.
    Global Posts
    666 Global Posts
    I got mine yesterday. Installed it according to instruction. It went well. And you know what? I don't think the Palm Pre looks good with a screen protector on. I took it off. Gladly the one I got doesn't leave smudge or sticky stuff on the screen. I think the Palm Pre looks more gorgeous without it.
    Global Posts
    789 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jewel View Post
    I got mine yesterday. Installed it according to instruction. It went well. And you know what? I don't think the Palm Pre looks good with a screen protector on. I took it off. Gladly the one I got doesn't leave smudge or sticky stuff on the screen. I think the Palm Pre looks more gorgeous without it.
    probaly does look better until you get that nice scratch across the screen from the keys in your pocket? (or whatever)

They are a Necessary evil
    Last edited by sjjones; 06/11/2009 at 08:38 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by sjjones View Post
    probaly does look better until you get that nice scratch across the screen from the keys in your pocket? (or whatever)

They are a Necessary evil
    agreed. I don't have a screen protector on right now, but thats because this one is getting exchanged in a few days anyways. I had the plastic covering on for the first few days cause i was paranoid about it and sure enough as soon as I took it off the screen got marked up.
    I put this also in the poll one. Sorry about the repeat.

I personally hate the ones that you have to use water to apply. I tried Invisible Screen a year in half ago and failed miserably. I just tried Bodyguardz (just front screen) on the Pre yesterday and both got messed up. Actually one got messed up, the second seemed to be damaged, already had a dimple in it before taking it off the paper. I tried the solution to soften it. I looked like a big white dot. After 12 hours it didn't go away, and it was in my line of vision. It was very annoying to say the least. I give up on trying these. I you have fat fingers and two left hands like me, don't get any of these that use the solution to apply. Now I have to wait another 12 hours to make sure I can turn my phone on. For those of you that don't want a water solution based screen protector for the PRE, here is an alternative. I just ordered them. You can add it to the list if you want.
    Amzer Anti-Glare Screen Protector - Pack of 6 For Palm Pre for only $8.95.

Here is the link:

Amzer Anti-Glare Screen Protector - Pack of 6 For Palm - Palm Pre - Fommy.com
    Global Posts
    123 Global Posts
    Just so you know, according to the Phantom Skinz website, they are giving 50% off throughout the month of June. Makes them real cheap, especially for the screen only kit. Two kits for $5 sounds pretty decent to me and I've read lots of good things about them.

Code is "summer50" if you want to add that to the OP.
    Just tried them, but stupid me forgot to put the code in. OK next time! But thanks!
    Robert L
    Astoria Queens, N.Y.C
    - Palm Pre (Sprint) - formally Palm Treo 650
    Version 1.4.1.1
    Sprint Configuration 2.3
    Model: P100EWW
    Hardware Version: A
    Firmware: CC1.4(510)

Quote Originally Posted by pre me View Post
    Just so you know, according to the Phantom Skinz website, they are giving 50% off throughout the month of June. Makes them real cheap, especially for the screen only kit. Two kits for $5 sounds pretty decent to me and I've read lots of good things about them.

Code is "summer50" if you want to add that to the OP.
    Good. I'm giving Bodyguardz a try first. If that doesn't work out, I'll try Phantom Skinz.

I've previously used Invisible Shield and Best Skins Ever. I didn't like the tackiness of each of those, and ended up removing them a few weeks after I installed them. They looked great, but the feel bothered me.
    Palm V-->Visor Deluxe-->Visor Prism-->Visorphone-->Treo 180-->Treo 600-->Treo 650 on Sprint-->Treo 700p-->Centro-->Diamond-->Pre-->HTC EVO 4g???!
    Global Posts
    217 Global Posts
    I haven't received it yet, but I just ordered the Zagg shield. Anyone have any experience with these?
    Last edited by srfcrzy; 06/12/2009 at 03:37 PM.
    Does anyone have any experience with Clear-Coat screen protectors? They have a location in a mall near me and was thinking about having them install it for me when I finally get my Pre.

$20 for full-body, $13 for screen

clear-coat.com (I cant post links yet)
    Global Posts
    773 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DUTO View Post
    Does anyone have any experience with Clear-Coat screen protectors? They have a location in a mall near me and was thinking about having them install it for me when I finally get my Pre.

$20 for full-body, $13 for screen

clear-coat.com (I cant post links yet)
    Never used them, or any skin like these, but i wish there was a professional installer locally so i could have it done. I'm sure they are much better installing it. The only question is, is their product as good as Zagg or BodyGuardz?

Lifetime warranty thought, can't hurt to try them out. plus its a 30 day money back guarantee! Life is good!

Let us know what you decide!
    Global Posts
    58 Global Posts
    Got my BodyGuardz in the mail today. Just grabbed the front only as I am using the touchstone battery back.

When I put it on i made sure everything was really sprayed down. Got most of the bubbles out but there were areas that just looked like condensation under the plastic. I thought I was going to have to remove it and start over.

Turned my phone off for all of about 2 hours (48 hours to dry is absurd and IMO not at all necessary). The only thing to watch for would be avoiding getting fluid in the mic or speaker holes which still isn't the end of the world.

Came back from lunch and the "condensation" areas were already looking better. Now it's the end of the day and it looks pretty seamless, no bubbles or trapped dust.

The best thing I can say is the touchstone back helped the fingerprints on the back cover. This screen guard makes fingerprints on the front a non-issue. If you do get some it's much easier to wipe them off than the bare screen. Touch and gesture sensitivity works the same.

Very happy i went with BodyGuardz!
    Just installed Best Skins Ever. I posted a thread with Pics and a mini review. I cant post the link for some reason.
    Global Posts
    789 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by vutha View Post
    Just installed Best Skins Ever. I posted a thread with Pics and a mini review. I cant post the link for some reason.
    here you go:

http://discussion.treocentral.com/pa...ni-review.html
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast