Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by kamboy360 View Post
    does anyone recommend removing the back cover of the pre to put on the back skin?
    No..will be harder IMHO as the back cover is flimsy.
    Global Posts
    40 Global Posts
    i have used both BSE and IS and feel that the BSE is better for the price. which is why i ordered a full set from them, but then i was told of the phantom skinz deal and jumped on that for the front. so i just put the back of the BSE on and gonna use the phantom on the front. ill keep the front BSE for backup haha.

oh and it is very possible to put the back on after taking the batt cover off the pre. i did this and it came out very well. ive put on quite a few BSEs and ISs so it wasnt difficult for me. if yall find it hard to get the corners to stick just wait a while for it to dry out a bit more. usually its because one puts too much of the solution on. just make sure if you leave the flaps up to dry a bit that the area is relatively dust free. a humidifier or steamy bathroom usually. it will take longer to dry out in a steamy bathroom though.

another technique would be to just hold down the area you want to stick for 30-45sec, and gradually shimmy over to the next area to put down until all of it sticks
    I've tried the GadgetShieldz, it installs quite fast and I paid $13.50 for two units. I will be testing my keys on it later today....
    I just want to say that I have purchased the InvisibleShield and PhantomSkinz. After having a bit of a learning curve with applying these skins, (2 bad installs and a defective Pre later), I finally was able to install the IS on my Pre. I liked the way the IS feels on the back of the Pre but did not care for the 'orange-peel' effect on the front so after reading on these forums about Phantom Skinz, I ordered a set. I pulled off the front IS and applied the PS. After two days, the PS looks amazing and the skin is ultra-smooth, I fully recommend the PS over the IS for the front. You can not even tell the PS is applied to the device.

I have no doubt that the IS is more rugged than the PS but for proper usability, PS is the way to go. Thank you to everyone for their recommendations and time.

Jim
    Quote Originally Posted by kamboy360 View Post
    Which is better Bodyguardz or PhantomSkinz...I am looking for slightly better grip, but not as grippy as IS.
    Phantom Skinz is the best IMO.
    Another vote here for the PhantomSkinz. I installed 2 days ago and couldn't be happier. The view is crystal clear and after a couple days of soaking up finger oil the swiping experience is as good as the naked Pre. With a price of under $7 for two screen protectors I don't see how it can be beat.

Good thing there are two, because as meticulously clean as I was, a dog hair still managed to find its way in. So I'll live with it until I stand it anymore and then break out the second skin.
    Question: does Phantom Skinz also reduce/remove fingerprints/smudging?
    Quote Originally Posted by thermodynamic View Post
    Question: does Phantom Skinz also reduce/remove fingerprints/smudging?

honestly they all reduce smudging and fingerprints but thats not what they are ment for. i installed mine 2 days ago and and they aren't oleophobic
    Global Posts
    15 Global Posts
    I got one called Skinomi that is okay, but all the little bubbles didn't come out; should have stuck with BodyGuardz.
    Global Posts
    15 Global Posts
    I should add to my above post that I did strip the skin off and re-apply, so that could be the problem.
    Global Posts
    182 Global Posts
    I've used invisible shield and did not like it... my wife’s instinct had the whole orange peel thing going on and it just felt real sticky. It didn't kill the touch screen, just made it slightly less responsive. Ghost-Armor was perfect. I've showed it to a few people and no one knows it's even on it.... No fuss here! Ghost armor does the job I was expecting

I only have one question... I just got my touchstone (awesome by the way) will the replacement cover stay on the back cover of the phone now with the touch screen cover....?
    Global Posts
    182 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MilenkoD View Post
    No..will be harder IMHO as the back cover is flimsy.

I removed the cover and had no issues. I installed my Ghost Armor in 10 mins flat and was using in within 2 hours of it being applied.... that was ever 2 weeks ago.. still on like the day I added it.
    Quote Originally Posted by SHO_ONE View Post
    I removed the cover and had no issues. I installed my Ghost Armor in 10 mins flat and was using in within 2 hours of it being applied.... that was ever 2 weeks ago.. still on like the day I added it.
    Great!...I assumed it would be more difficult. maybe I just suck at putting them on...
    Global Posts
    31 Global Posts
    Tried several and I am back to nothing. I just like i\the way it looks and feels without any cover.
    Does anyone know a place or person in nyc that could help me put this thing on. It is extremely frustrating and i can't seem to do it
    ghost-armor for me, absolutely no complaints. i hate the one made by Zagg and had bad experiences with BSE when I had my curve
    Are there any updated discounts for the month of august for phantom skins or ghost armor. I also have a dumb question. I know the skins protect from scratches but what about falls. Does the phone have a better chance not breaking with these on?
    Quote Originally Posted by THETRUTH View Post
    Are there any updated discounts for the month of august for phantom skins or ghost armor. I also have a dumb question. I know the skins protect from scratches but what about falls. Does the phone have a better chance not breaking with these on?
    Hi thetruth,

We have extended our 33% Summer Special through the end of August. The discount code is still "independence33". Enjoy!

Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by aznxcp4lyfez View Post
    Does anyone know a place or person in nyc that could help me put this thing on. It is extremely frustrating and i can't seem to do it
    I sent mine to Bodyquardz by Fedex and had it back in two days with a perfect install. I know most people can't be without their phone for any amount of time. I have a backup phone, so it worked for me.
    Global Posts
    73 Global Posts
    Invisibleshield by Zagg worked well for me.
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast