Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Just installed my BestSkinsEver a few minutes ago. Fit and finish is perfect (not too long, not too short; speaker hole and button hole lines up fantastic). I like how the corners are cut, way better than the Zagg version. I've done quite a few BSE and IS installs so it went on like butter
    Global Posts
    157 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bkemp88 View Post
    I bought 3 pairs of the bestskinsever and got the free shipping. Before it was time to put them on, I received the touchstone as a gift from my girlfriend; I started using the matte back cover for the touchstone. Finally, it was time to put it on and I could remove the protective plastic that came on the phone originally. Putting the skin on wasn't difficult and it seemed I did a great job putting it on. I used the advice of doing it in the bathroom with hot water running and that did do a good job of preventing lint from flying around. once finished there were tiny little bubbles under the skin that were grouped together closely(3 different clusters) and also a bit larger one but still small(this one is actually raised and can feel running my finger over). I thought for sure these would go away, but are yet to diminish. Also, is has the orange peel affect which I am not to fond of either. I still got another 12 hours before I hit this 2 day mark so we'll see what happens.

If anyone is interested in buying 2 front protectors and 3 back protectors, let me know! lol
    I'm interested...I'd be able to use slight soapy water to apply it, right?
    Palm m100>Palm m130>Sony Clie>HP Jornada 525>Dell Axim X3i>Nokia 3395>Nokia 6630>Motorola i530>PPC 6700>Mogul (PPC-6800)

Palm Pre!
    Global Posts
    13 Global Posts
    Received 2 bodyguardz and wasnt able to fit them on my Pre
    $18.00 in 15 min
    Courners werent able to stay on
    Im really disappointed with it
    Whichone should i try now?
    Quote Originally Posted by sonihc View Post
    Received 2 bodyguardz and wasnt able to fit them on my Pre
    $18.00 in 15 min
    Courners werent able to stay on
    Im really disappointed with it
    Whichone should i try now?
    BestSkinsEver...the best corner-configuration
    I watched this video and realized I don't want any product that I have to apply glue to:

BodyGuardz - Scratch-Proof Transparent Protective Skins for Palm Pre | Skins, Covers, Screen Protectors, Cases, Shields | Full Body and Screen Protection

Anyone have any suggestions for another product that works well that doesn't require adhesive glue?

Thanks, Casey
    Casey
    Sprint 755p, 700p, 650 - I am not a geek! Really!
    Quote Originally Posted by Casey Cheung View Post
    I watched this video and realized I don't want any product that I have to apply glue to:
    Don't worry, Casey, that's not glue -- it's a mixture of water and soap, and it makes installation easier.

I haven't done the Bodyguardz with the corners yet, as I cut mine to cover just the screen and around the button, but it really was a piece of cake; just be sure to have a towel handy to absorb the liquid that is squeegeed out with the card. I have installed plenty of vinyl wraps before, and a hair dryer to soften the corners for complex curves is indespendible.
    Quote Originally Posted by pre me View Post
    Just so you know, according to the Phantom Skinz website, they are giving 50% off throughout the month of June. Makes them real cheap, especially for the screen only kit. Two kits for $5 sounds pretty decent to me and I've read lots of good things about them.

Code is "summer50" if you want to add that to the OP.
    That's a pretty good deal I just took advantage of. Thanks.
    Global Posts
    34 Global Posts
    Just applied my BZE yesterday. It is beautiful!! What a concept!!! I'm lovin it
    anyone have any experience with boxwave's clear guard? Its just a protector for the screen, but I'm not looking for the type thats vinyle like, but more of a hard plastic film that just goes over the screen. Its a bit pricey at $15 with shipping though.
    I got an InvisibleShield. Very unhappy with it as there is a very pronounced orange peel effect. I just ordered a a PhantomSkinz using the summer50 code. I'm optimistic.
    Global Posts
    88 Global Posts
    i ordered the gadget gaurd... it also protects the side... comes with a lifetime warranty...

eBay Store – Gadget Guard: Search results for pre.
    Global Posts
    974 Global Posts
    I bought the clear protector (Invisible Protection for Your Device | Clear Protector) and am unhappy with the orange peel effect. I called the company and was told that "... ALL products like this have an orange peel effect, it's not a defect or a result of bad installation." Not sure I buy that, but who knows...
    Global Posts
    61 Global Posts
    I bought both the Best Skinz Ever and the Phantom Skinz -- the BSE arrived first so I put that on first. Installation was a breeze, but with the little bit of orange peel and the bit of tackiness (very slight, but I'm picky) will probably have me pulling the BSE off this weekend and trying the PS. I like the results posted thus far with the PS, so I'm hopeful I'll be happy.

Next step would be Ghost Armor or ClearCoat, but I'd rather quit now. So would my wallet -- enough Pre accessories already!
    Which is better Bodyguardz or PhantomSkinz...I am looking for slightly better grip, but not as grippy as IS.
    BestSkinsEver...they're cheap enough that you won't feel so bad if you don't like it...
    TIP on BSE:

DO NOT use the leather holster case from Palm with this or else it will RUIN the ribbon that goes in the leather case....

eventually had to cut the entire ribbon off
    Quote Originally Posted by bulls96 View Post
    TIP on BSE:

DO NOT use the leather holster case from Palm with this or else it will RUIN the ribbon that goes in the leather case....

eventually had to cut the entire ribbon off
    I also found that if you apply both the front and back skin, it is very difficult to pull out your Pre from the included cloth pouch.
    Global Posts
    157 Global Posts
    I must say, I have always been a BestSkinsEver guy for all of my device protection. This time around I decided to try PhantomSkinz because of the 2 for 1 and 1/2 off. I just put one on this morning and had a LOT of trouble with the corner flaps. In addition, after an hour or so leaving it on the screen looked super pixelated with rainbow colored dots. Would that go away after the 24 hours? The screen looked horrendous to me. I may try again with the second one if people tell me otherwise, but I am thinking of going back to my tried-and-true BSE.
    Life is a garden, dig it. -Joe Dirt
    does anyone recommend removing the back cover of the pre to put on the back skin?
    My girlfriend and I both got our Pre's today. I ordered 2 full BSE's for them this morning even before I got mine. She wasn't too happy but she will love it when i put it on. She beats her phones up pretty good. I wanted to buy the IS but after hearing the reviews I decided to go with the BSE as it is cheaper and I hear alot easier to put on. I will update when I receive them. Thanks
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast