Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    I bought an Invisible Shield, I think I'll be happy with it, but won't know for sure until I install it later this evening (sat.).
    Also, I haven't seen it posted on any threads, but ZAGG has the Palm Pre shield install video up
    Global Posts
    58 Global Posts
    Wow, the corners look like they just make a lot more sense than the BodyGuardz. I got mine on just fine and like the finish but BSE looks like it would have been easier. I lined the bottom circle up fine but the very top speaker is just a tiny bit to the left.
    Global Posts
    185 Global Posts
    I was not impressed with the Zagg shield. Installation was easy- except for the fact that it didn't fit right. The hole for the button was too low. I moved it up as far as could without covering the speaker and the button was still 1/2 covered, and the shield extended too far down in front of the keyboard / slider. I removed it and cut the protector for the rear into a square so I could just cover the screen. It went on well, but has too much texture for my taste. I am trying the Phantom Skinz...
    Global Posts
    37 Global Posts
    I ordered the screen-only bodyguardz (using the code "macworld" at checkout got a 20% discount).

I watched a couple of youtube videos on how to put these on. This was helpful for the corners and edges, mainly to know to be patient as the film gets stickier over time and edges and corners that don't stick at first will set down easily after a few minutes.

I ended up with perfect positioning - I was very happy. However, there were a fair number of "microbubbles" below the Bodyguardz that I couldn't effectively squeegie.

These microbubbles disappeared completely by 36 hours. The Bodyguardz is essentially crystal clear and I feel a lot safer with the phone having it.

The Bodyguardz has a slightly more rubbery/squeaky feel than the native screen. I actually like it more than the original feel.

I didn't use the back because I have the touchstone back. I couldn't care less if the back gets scratched - I can always replace if its hideous - but the screen is important.

All in all the Bodyguardz install went better than expected. Also it comes with an extra in case you really mess up the first one. Just use lots of their spray fluid on your fingers and the film and you will do fine.
    I purchased both the Bodyguardz and BestSkinsEver.

I installed the Bodyguardz on both mine and my fiance's Pre.
    I used the same method I had previously for BestSkinsEver (flat bowl/plate with water/small drop of baby shampoo). This method works perfectly imo.

I tried the spray bottle that came with the Bodyguardz and it was much more difficult to apply and I was very concerned with all the bubbles it left underneath. Perhaps these would have cleared up but I didn't feel comfortable waiting to see.

I had to replace my fiance's Pre and decided to try the BestSkinsEver.

Comparing the two, the Bodyguardz seems to be much more sticky (on the device side) when compared to the BSE. I'm not sure if it really matters in anyway at this point. Just an observation.

I like the cut of the BSE much better than the Bodyguardz (corners are better imo).

The BSE seems to have slightly more of the "orange peel" effect.

On a side note:

I have been using BSE's for years. First time purchasing Bodyguardz.
    Bodyguardz were out first and I probably would have never ordered them if BSE's were available at launch. BSE's came out on Tuesday, if I remember correctly. By Monday I did not want to chance waiting and ordered the Bodyguardz. Bodyguardz very possibly gained a customer (and BSE possibly lost one) based on their responsiveness on bringing the product to market.
    Bodyguardz are a bit more expensive (at normal pricing) but it may be worth the couple dollars more. Bodyguardz came in a nice retail package (with spray bottle and "squeegee"). BSE's came in a standard mailing envelope.

16.98 vs 24.95

Ok, more than a couple dollars!
    Bodyguardz are 19.96 w/ macworld promo code
    Has anyone ordered the screen protector for Seidio? It looks like a simpler one--doesn't wrap around the sides or corners (probably much easier to install). I'm thinking of ordering that with the Innocase when it comes out.
    Quote Originally Posted by cashen View Post
    Never used them, or any skin like these, but i wish there was a professional installer locally so i could have it done. I'm sure they are much better installing it. The only question is, is their product as good as Zagg or BodyGuardz?

Lifetime warranty thought, can't hurt to try them out. plus its a 30 day money back guarantee! Life is good!

Let us know what you decide!

I installed my Clear Coat protector today and it was super simple. Only issue I have is that is doesn't protect the corners.

As far as their protection level is concerned - search vimeo.com for "Clear-Coat Scratch Protection Demonstration"

Also I found a coupon on retailmenot.com that knocked 20% off my order.
    Wanted to thank everyone here on the forum who took time to post their opinions.
    Based on what I have read I went with the bodyguardz. So far so good, purchased and shipped out same day now just waiting for arrival. Will post my opinion when I get them.
    Thanks again.
    Just installed my phantom skinz on my pre (did the wifes last week) as I was waiting for my 3rd pre

It fits perfect, corners really wrap nicely and on hers which she's had on, hasn't peeled up on the edges. she even uses hers in the leather holster.

very happy with phantom skinz. pretty easy to put on as well. Big hint is use water with a drop of johnson and johnson baby soap.

also, i recommend using scotch tape to remove every piece of lint on the screen before applying and a microfiber lint free towel to dab water as it gets close to the speaker and mic.
    Installed the Zagg Invisish&t, and then promptly ripped it off and 86'ed the $24 trash can filler.

Had it on in perfect alignment, which still left plenty to be dsesired. Corners are cut out so as to wrap around the curved surfaces. Fine, but even with perfect alignment, the pieces don't **** up against each other in the corners. Leaving about 1/8 inch space between sections. This screen shield is thick enough to catch dirt and grime from your fingers as you repeatedly handle the phone. These edges become very obvious, and always seem to catch your fingers attention as you hold/handle the phone. NOT GOOD!

How about the orange peel effect? Do you like that? Its not very obvious, until you look at a phone without the skin. Sorry, the Pre is gorgeous in its birthday suit, and hideous in one of these shrink-wraps. Add to this, the fact that your fingers simply dont swipe and slide nearly as well (more like trying to slide on a slip-and-slide without the hose), and it just kills the phone for me. I'm tempted to try a different brand, but its hard to imagine it would be much better.
    Quote Originally Posted by brett328 View Post
    Installed the Zagg Invisish&t, and then promptly ripped it off and 86'ed the $24 trash can filler.

Had it on in perfect alignment, which still left plenty to be dsesired. Corners are cut out so as to wrap around the curved surfaces. Fine, but even with perfect alignment, the pieces don't **** up against each other in the corners. Leaving about 1/8 inch space between sections. This screen shield is thick enough to catch dirt and grime from your fingers as you repeatedly handle the phone. These edges become very obvious, and always seem to catch your fingers attention as you hold/handle the phone. NOT GOOD!

How about the orange peel effect? Do you like that? Its not very obvious, until you look at a phone without the skin. Sorry, the Pre is gorgeous in its birthday suit, and hideous in one of these shrink-wraps. Add to this, the fact that your fingers simply dont swipe and slide nearly as well (more like trying to slide on a slip-and-slide without the hose), and it just kills the phone for me. I'm tempted to try a different brand, but its hard to imagine it would be much better.
    I did mine yesterday and I agree with some of your points.
    I'm going to wait a few days to see how it looks when all the bubbles are gone.
    It is very snug going in and out of the Palm side case, that may be the reason why I take it off.
    Global Posts
    252 Global Posts
    Phantom Skinz discount code "summer50" gets you 50% off! Just got mine for $12.47
    Marty
    Handspring Visor -> Handspring Treo 180 That stated it would have Wi-Fi -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650->Treo 700P ->Centro->Pre
    Quote Originally Posted by patchs View Post
    I did mine yesterday and I agree with some of your points.
    I'm going to wait a few days to see how it looks when all the bubbles are gone.
    It is very snug going in and out of the Palm side case, that may be the reason why I take it off.
    I stretched my side case out a bit by shoving something in it overnight. I used my wallet. Also tried a small block of wood but my wallet did the trick perfectly.

Now it slides in and out perfectly (with the Bodyguardz on).

Definitely replacing my fiance's BSE with a Bodyguardz.
    Has no orange peel and looks much better.
    Here is my experience with the Invisible Shield. I installed the IS on June 14th. It wasn't too difficult although after putting it on and allowing it to dry for no longer than 30 minutes I got paranoid and decided to rip it off and do it all over again. Apart from a tiny group of particles in the upper right hand corner, it looked really nice after only about an hour of drying. After about 14 hours it looked even better, despite the oft mentioned orange peel effect I was happy. Cut to June 20. I begin to notice some clouding underneath the skin. I only notice this after the first time I placed my Pre on my new Touchstone charger, but who knows if this is what really caused it. I do know that while on the Touchstone my phone charged really really fast but it was also the hottest my Pre has gotten since I'd brought it home, so I'm pretty sure it was the heat that cause some kind of warping on the skin.
    Today, I tired of the cloudiness and having already ordered a replacement Zagg skin as well as a pair of front piece Bodyguardz skins, I made the decision to tear off my IS (it was a difficult decision for me because I was so proud of the great job I'd done putting it on). The cloudiness is gone. I had forgotten how immaculate the Pre looks without the shield on. I will try the Bodyguardz since many people here claim that there is no orange peel effect. Also, I now have experience putting these things on, although perhaps it was just beginner's luck.
    Global Posts
    43 Global Posts
    I bought 3 pairs of the bestskinsever and got the free shipping. Before it was time to put them on, I received the touchstone as a gift from my girlfriend; I started using the matte back cover for the touchstone. Finally, it was time to put it on and I could remove the protective plastic that came on the phone originally. Putting the skin on wasn't difficult and it seemed I did a great job putting it on. I used the advice of doing it in the bathroom with hot water running and that did do a good job of preventing lint from flying around. once finished there were tiny little bubbles under the skin that were grouped together closely(3 different clusters) and also a bit larger one but still small(this one is actually raised and can feel running my finger over). I thought for sure these would go away, but are yet to diminish. Also, is has the orange peel affect which I am not to fond of either. I still got another 12 hours before I hit this 2 day mark so we'll see what happens.

If anyone is interested in buying 2 front protectors and 3 back protectors, let me know! lol
    Global Posts
    45 Global Posts
    Very satisfied with Clear Protector Pre screen. (I hadn't heard of them... just took advantage of a dealnews deal).

I just barely dunked the screen into the SLIGHTLY soapy water and also waited for much of the water to run off. Applied very well and then I just left it alone for the night. Critically, the protector applies over the whole screen, including gesture area (with pinhole for microphone... careful about that) so that there's no annoying ridges when swiping.

One point for those considering screen protectors: I was initially pretty disappointed in the tackiness of the screen after recalling the smoothness of the naked screen. However, after a few days, the protector started getting polished with use. It now very marginally has additional friction but feels very good. So don't be discouraged after the initial tackiness: keep it on for a while and rub it down. It's so much more peace of mind to be able to throw into a bag or pocket.
    Global Posts
    37 Global Posts
    I just got my IS and tried to install it only to find that it's way too big for the phone. I had it in the center and the sides draped over the front, back, and both sides. Eventually I just cut the edges off so I'm just protecting the screen. Very upset after hours of work.
    Some advice on applying the BSE version...use plenty of liquid to help 'float-out' any air bubbles, but not too much to water damage your device.

For those concerned with "orange-peel" do not squeegee the skin very hard. This will promote the orange-peel effect. Just use light pressure with a credit card until it's relatively flat onto the device and then use your fingers to work the bubbles out by chasing them to an edge. It will take time and patience but the end result will be well worth it.
    Quote Originally Posted by dohcrx View Post
    Got my BodyGuardz in the mail today. Just grabbed the front only as I am using the touchstone battery back.

When I put it on i made sure everything was really sprayed down. Got most of the bubbles out but there were areas that just looked like condensation under the plastic. I thought I was going to have to remove it and start over.

Turned my phone off for all of about 2 hours (48 hours to dry is absurd and IMO not at all necessary). The only thing to watch for would be avoiding getting fluid in the mic or speaker holes which still isn't the end of the world.

Came back from lunch and the "condensation" areas were already looking better. Now it's the end of the day and it looks pretty seamless, no bubbles or trapped dust.

The best thing I can say is the touchstone back helped the fingerprints on the back cover. This screen guard makes fingerprints on the front a non-issue. If you do get some it's much easier to wipe them off than the bare screen. Touch and gesture sensitivity works the same.

Very happy i went with BodyGuardz!
    Can you use these skins on the touchstone back cover?
    Quote Originally Posted by gdbaker65 View Post
    Can you use these skins on the touchstone back cover?
    Yes
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast