View Poll Results: Which screen protector do you recommend for the Pre?

Voters
1030. You may not vote on this poll
  • bodyguardz

85 8.25%
  • Zagg Invisible Shield

293 28.45%
  • Best Skins Ever

77 7.48%
  • Ghost Armor

42 4.08%
  • Phantom Skinz

218 21.17%
  • Other

164 15.92%
  • None

151 14.66%
Page 1 of 15 12345611 ... LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Yea yea, I know there's a lot of discussion about screen protectors, but I wanted to take a poll. Right now I'm torn on which one to get. I'm leaning towards the bodyguardz since so many people have recommended it and the price is really good for 2. What do you guys think? Also is there some place that you can get this stuff professionally applied? I suck at putting on screen protectors.

edit: Sorry I forgot to add PhantomSkinz to the list. I guess that'll probably be the other. Please list the one you have if its an other that I don't have listed.
    Last edited by schnoid; 06/11/2009 at 01:54 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by schnoid View Post
    Yea yea, I know there's a lot of discussion about screen protectors, but I wanted to take a poll. Right now I'm torn on which one to get. I'm leaning towards the bodyguardz since so many people have recommended it and the price is really good for 2. What do you guys think? Also is there some place that you can get this stuff professionally applied? I suck at putting on screen protectors.
    I agree! Don't want to get one and then find it impedes my swipes and all that... eagerly awaiting reviews.
    It shouldn't impede your swipes because i'm current still using the original plastic that came with the Pre until my invisible shield arrives.
    Good point, thanks.
    I personally hate the ones that you have to use water to apply. I tried Invisible Screen a year in half ago and failed miserably. I just tried Bodyguardz (just front screen) on the Pre yesterday and both got messed up. Actually one got messed up, the second seemed to be damaged, already had a dimple in it before taking it off the paper. I tried the solution to soften it. I looked like a big white dot. After 12 hours it didn't go away, and it was in my line of vision. It was very annoying to say the least. I give up on trying these. I you have fat fingers and two left hands like me, don't get any of these that use the solution to apply. Now I have to wait another 12 hours to make sure I can turn my phone on. For those of you that don't want a water solution based screen protector for the PRE, here is an alternative. I just ordered them. You can add it to the list if you want.
    Amzer Anti-Glare Screen Protector - Pack of 6 For Palm Pre for only $8.95.

Here is the link:

Amzer Anti-Glare Screen Protector - Pack of 6 For Palm - Palm Pre - Fommy.com
    Phantom Skinz FTW lol. I just posted up some pics on another thread of my skin that was professionally installed. Looks awesome although you probably can't tell from the pictures. Taken with a junky iPhone lol
    Last edited by pre school; 06/11/2009 at 03:06 PM.
    Global Posts
    696 Global Posts
    ZAGG
    I just posted my vote for Bodyguardz. I ordered mine on Monday and they were here Wednesday (looks like they shipped from UT - I'm in FL..) - and it was free shipping.

I'm kind of surprised to see that Invisible Shield is winning in the poll. Their skins are fine, but they are way over-priced in my opinion. I believe $25 for ONE skin.

Bodyguardz was $14 for TWO skins in the one package. PLUS, the little squirt bottle of solution they send you - it unscrews for you to add more water to (they explain on their site that there's enough baby shampoo residue in there for 2 refills). I thought that was a nice touch after running out when I first tried Invisible Shield.

Bodyguardz also seemed to have a (how to explain) "smoother / clearer" skin than Zagg or BSE. Granted the Zagg and BSE skins look fine once the device is on, they always have that "cloudy" look when off.

BSE - BestSkinsEver would be my second choice. They seem to sell the same exact thing as Zagg, but for a 1/3 (or less) of the price. $7 and $4 when on special. I bought skins from them for our Instincts and for my Nano. They also had GREAT customer service when I ran into an issue before. I was actually going to order from them but they were a couple days late to the game on the Pre. I saw another post here about Bodyguardz - and their "clearer" skin and thought I'd try them out. So far I'm very happy with them.

Side note on Bodyguardz... I too suck at applying these things and had to peel up and reapply the skin.. what - 3 or 4 times!! Even though they tell you NOT to remove the skin after 10 mins, I figured "i have an extra one already in the box, so I'll give it a shot" - carefully peeled it off - kept it wet - reapplied and (finally) got it on there smooth and with no issues.

Very happy... Bodyguardz because you get the squirt bottle and two skins... BSE if you're good at putting these on and only need the one - for the best possible price.

(maybe next new device I'll try Phantom lol)
    Ah - forgot to add... No problem at all w/ the swipes OR w/ the proximity sensor (dimming the screen on calls). Everything works great w/ the Bodyguardz skin applied.
    Quote Originally Posted by shibumi View Post
    I just posted my vote for Bodyguardz. I ordered mine on Monday and they were here Wednesday (looks like they shipped from UT - I'm in FL..) - and it was free shipping.

I'm kind of surprised to see that Invisible Shield is winning in the poll. Their skins are fine, but they are way over-priced in my opinion. I believe $25 for ONE skin.

Bodyguardz was $14 for TWO skins in the one package. PLUS, the little squirt bottle of solution they send you - it unscrews for you to add more water to (they explain on their site that there's enough baby shampoo residue in there for 2 refills). I thought that was a nice touch after running out when I first tried Invisible Shield.

Bodyguardz also seemed to have a (how to explain) "smoother / clearer" skin than Zagg or BSE. Granted the Zagg and BSE skins look fine once the device is on, they always have that "cloudy" look when off.

BSE - BestSkinsEver would be my second choice. They seem to sell the same exact thing as Zagg, but for a 1/3 (or less) of the price. $7 and $4 when on special. I bought skins from them for our Instincts and for my Nano. They also had GREAT customer service when I ran into an issue before. I was actually going to order from them but they were a couple days late to the game on the Pre. I saw another post here about Bodyguardz - and their "clearer" skin and thought I'd try them out. So far I'm very happy with them.

Side note on Bodyguardz... I too suck at applying these things and had to peel up and reapply the skin.. what - 3 or 4 times!! Even though they tell you NOT to remove the skin after 10 mins, I figured "i have an extra one already in the box, so I'll give it a shot" - carefully peeled it off - kept it wet - reapplied and (finally) got it on there smooth and with no issues.

Very happy... Bodyguardz because you get the squirt bottle and two skins... BSE if you're good at putting these on and only need the one - for the best possible price.

(maybe next new device I'll try Phantom lol)
    excellent summary
  11.    #11  
    Thanks shibumi for all the info!! I'm still leaning towards bodyguardz. Pre school, where'd you get it professionally installed?! I've been looking around for that. I thought invisible shield was the only ones that would do it for u if u could find a kiosk that sells 'em.
  12.    #12  
    I guess we can add Clear Protector to the list of screen protectors. I just saw on slickdeals that there's a 50% off coupon. The regular price is $15. Seems decent, but I think i'm gonna end up getting the bodyguardz.
    Quote Originally Posted by pre school View Post
    Phantom Skinz FTW lol. I just posted up some pics on another thread of my skin that was professionally installed. Looks awesome although you probably can't tell from the pictures. Taken with a junky iPhone lol
    who professionally installs skins? my first attempt at bodyguardz looks pretty shoddy
  14.    #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by say oh shin View Post
    who professionally installs skins? my first attempt at bodyguardz looks pretty shoddy
    called up a invisible shield kiosk up in Temecula, CA and they said they would install an invisible shield for the pre if i bought it online. They would charge $5. Unfortunately there isn't a single place in SD that is listed on their site that applies the invisible shield for you. I'd be willing to pay 10 bucks if someone can do a professional job of applying it in San Diego. I'm almost considering driving all the way up to Temecula just so I don't jack it up myself.
    Quote Originally Posted by schnoid View Post
    Thanks shibumi for all the info!! I'm still leaning towards bodyguardz. Pre school, where'd you get it professionally installed?! I've been looking around for that. I thought invisible shield was the only ones that would do it for u if u could find a kiosk that sells 'em.
    Got mine installed at the SanTan mall in Gilbert, Arizona. Not sure if or where they have any other places like this. I guess I'm lucky to find one lol. I watched the guy install it for a little bit. It honestly doesn't look that difficult. Took him a total of about 20 min. But I guess they are the professionals lol. Its nice if I ever have any problems I can just bring it back to them and have them redo it because of the warranty too.
    Quote Originally Posted by pre school View Post
    Got mine installed at the SanTan mall in Gilbert, Arizona. Not sure if or where they have any other places like this. I guess I'm lucky to find one lol. I watched the guy install it for a little bit. It honestly doesn't look that difficult. Took him a total of about 20 min. But I guess they are the professionals lol. Its nice if I ever have any problems I can just bring it back to them and have them redo it because of the warranty too.
    can you take them any brand? I called a invisible shield kiosk @ paradise valley mall and asked how much to install a bodyguardz: $15 + tax due to conflict of interst...
  17.    #17  
    can you take them any brand? I called a invisible shield kiosk @ paradise valley mall and asked how much to install a bodyguardz: $15 + tax due to conflict of interst...
    LoL... conflict of interest... The girl up at the temecula kiosk wouldn't even consider putting on someone else's brand. Guess they charge a $10 "conflict of interest" fee. I'd probably just buy invisible shield if I had one of their kiosks around me.
    I'm not sure if you can take them a different brand. I would guess that you can, but I don't imagine they would do anything about a warranty. And I don't know how much they would charge you. I guess you can always see what they say.
    Global Posts
    22 Global Posts
    I've been using Invisible shield on everything for the past two years and I highly recommend it. The product is great and their customer service as well. Besides, their life time warranty replacement is 100% hassle free.....
    I just use a regular screen protector i got for a blackberry
Page 1 of 15 12345611 ... LastLast