View Poll Results: Which screen protector do you recommend for the Pre?

Voters
1030. You may not vote on this poll
  • bodyguardz

85 8.25%
  • Zagg Invisible Shield

293 28.45%
  • Best Skins Ever

77 7.48%
  • Ghost Armor

42 4.08%
  • Phantom Skinz

218 21.17%
  • Other

164 15.92%
  • None

151 14.66%
Page 8 of 15 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213 ... LastLast
    Do the full body skins work with the touchstone?
    Global Posts
    70 Global Posts
    @ Good Apollo: Yes.

Zagg. Using their shield since I got the pre and it is amazing. To install the shields like a pro remember one thing: don't be afraid to press down and get it smooth. I beat the crap out of my pre but my shield looks oh so smooth.
    I put a Zagg on my Pre but had such a hard time doing it... apparently I didn't wet it enough, and I ended up having plenty of small bubbles under the protector that I simply could not get out. In the end I just took it off and am now waiting to get a new one so I can try my hand at it again. I did like the feel of it though, and barring the fact that it was relatively difficult to get on, I would recommend it for anyone looking to get a screen protector for their Pre.
    Alright everyone does any of these protectors work with the innocase or what ,if not then i dont want them , of course thats just me lol. please tell! ps i currently have ZAGG and it works with the innocase pretty well after minnor clipping of corner tabs !
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Skinomi TechSkin

i like it better than the IS.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadavis08 View Post
    Alright everyone does any of these protectors work with the innocase or what ,if not then i dont want them , of course thats just me lol. please tell! ps i currently have ZAGG and it works with the innocase pretty well after minnor clipping of corner tabs !
    I use and really like the seideo ultimate Screen guard.
    Does Sprint not have an official screen protector out yet?
    I used the front and back ZAGG kit and it would charge fine on the touchstone although I had to be a bit more careful on how I placed my phone on the charger to make a good connection. After I had to have my Pre replaced I just applied my new "Lifetime" replacement skin only on the front side which I Prefer much better. I like the feel of the rubberized back and it seems to be tough enough! The grip of the Invisible Shield on the front and the Touchstone back make for great slider operation. Hope this helps you.
    If this has not already been stated, I believe Best Buy will install the screen protector, assuming of course that you purchased it from them. Silly question, anyone choosing to go "commando" and not use a screen protector at all?
    Global Posts
    16 Global Posts
    ok, i feel comfortable that i have given the bodygaurdz a sufficient go to make this opinion. they suck, allow me to elaborate; i ordered two kits, thinking i would probably flub the first-go not aware that each kit came with two. now just to show, one of my trades is a tattooist as well as small electronics repair, what i'm saying here is i am good with my hands and not some sausage fingers. i completely read the instructions and prepped my work area as instructed and began. as anticipated i messed up the first one, just played with it too much and ended up stretching it, so i gave the second one a shot, much better this time around but i could never get the corners to stay put, or down once it dried. more content with this attempt i dealt with the 'peel' for a couple of days until it became unbearable. giving number three a go i felt like a pro, was very meticulous and it looked perfect when i was done, within a week though started gettin the peel and decided to admit defeat. a fellow pre owner informed me he took his into the mall and bought a zagg screen and had it installed for an extra $5. not wanting to fully give in i took my last bodyguardz cover in and with a $12 charge the girl at the zagg cart in the mall installed it. i thought my third attempt was good, she did this one perfect, i set my phone aside for the day as the instructions say to and the next day all was well. but about a week later started gettin the peel again. ended up going back to zagg and having her install one of those shields, she also informed me that she has had a couple people come by with the same complaint about the bodygaurdz. well, yesterday was the end of my third week with the zagg installed, you can't even tell it is covered and no sign of the peel.

i hope this helps yo in making your decision.
    I just got a free replacement for my Zagg Invisible Shield, it was easy to do if you buy through their website. BTW, it works well but DO NOT use any kind of rubbing alcohol on it to clean off stubborn cotton candy {yep kids} it turns it dull and leaves marks that affect the use of your Pre. But the replacement makes it worth it...Lifetime!
    Boxwave Cleartouch - easy to apply, maintains that glossy look and smooth feel just like original.
    agree - boxwave cleartouch - no problem with the sensitivity of touch
    I've never had a problem with Invisible Shield..had it on an Instinct and now my Pre. If you trust em you might be able to get Best Buy to apply it, but that could be hit or miss...
    I haven't tried a screen protector for my Pre. I would be slightly concerned it could mess up the swiping action. Mostly I was not impressed with the price for a thin little piece of plastic.
  16.    #156  
    Quote Originally Posted by jebwick View Post
    I haven't tried a screen protector for my Pre. I would be slightly concerned it could mess up the swiping action. Mostly I was not impressed with the price for a thin little piece of plastic.
    I have the Invisible Shield and notice absolutely NO problems with swiping. That little piece of plastic is the difference between a scratched screen or not. Worst case I would buy one of those $5 screen protectors. I paid a lot more so I could get it professionally installed. I have no regrets about it, my phone looks as if it doesn't have anything on it! Also, if I ever scratch up the screen protector too much or something happens with it, zagg is awesome about replacing it for free.
    Quote Originally Posted by aric47g View Post
    ok, i feel comfortable that i have given the bodygaurdz a sufficient go to make this opinion. they suck, allow me to elaborate; i ordered two kits, thinking i would probably flub the first-go not aware that each kit came with two. now just to show, one of my trades is a tattooist as well as small electronics repair, what i'm saying here is i am good with my hands and not some sausage fingers. i completely read the instructions and prepped my work area as instructed and began. as anticipated i messed up the first one, just played with it too much and ended up stretching it, so i gave the second one a shot, much better this time around but i could never get the corners to stay put, or down once it dried. more content with this attempt i dealt with the 'peel' for a couple of days until it became unbearable. giving number three a go i felt like a pro, was very meticulous and it looked perfect when i was done, within a week though started gettin the peel and decided to admit defeat. a fellow pre owner informed me he took his into the mall and bought a zagg screen and had it installed for an extra $5. not wanting to fully give in i took my last bodyguardz cover in and with a $12 charge the girl at the zagg cart in the mall installed it. i thought my third attempt was good, she did this one perfect, i set my phone aside for the day as the instructions say to and the next day all was well. but about a week later started gettin the peel again. ended up going back to zagg and having her install one of those shields, she also informed me that she has had a couple people come by with the same complaint about the bodygaurdz. well, yesterday was the end of my third week with the zagg installed, you can't even tell it is covered and no sign of the peel.

i hope this helps yo in making your decision.
    I agree that the BodyGuardz skin is horrible. The material is nice and thin, however the cut outs are so impractical. It really requires you to be spot in your installation so you will not have any overhang.

After install two sets of the BodyGuardz on the rest of my family's phones, I decided to purchase the BSE skin.

Sure, it has a bit of "orange peel" effect when the screen is off, but I cannot see any difference when the screen is lit.

The design of the BSE skin is the best I've seen from all the manufacturers including ZAGG.
    invisshield has wierd grip
    go for the zagg, lifetime replacement guarantee, it works, and it keeps the sleek look of your palm pre. plus they give you a snazzy little cloth carrying case.
    Global Posts
    42 Global Posts
    Which of the screen protectors does the best with fingerprints? I've gone just by keeping it in the pouch mostly, as I'm pretty careful with it. The fingerprints are starting to annoy me though...any recommendations? Don't want to lose any touch sensitivity either.
Page 8 of 15 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213 ... LastLast