View Poll Results: Which screen protector do you recommend for the Pre?

Voters
1030. You may not vote on this poll
  • bodyguardz

85 8.25%
  • Zagg Invisible Shield

293 28.45%
  • Best Skins Ever

77 7.48%
  • Ghost Armor

42 4.08%
  • Phantom Skinz

218 21.17%
  • Other

164 15.92%
  • None

151 14.66%
Page 6 of 15 FirstFirst 1234567891011 ... LastLast
    I have a Clear Protector. It has worked great.
    Global Posts
    71 Global Posts
    I just installed my Boxwave Anti-Glare last night. SUPER easy to install, ZERO bubbles, no liquid to apply. It is easily removed and reapplied if needed unlike the ZAGG IS which I HAD on my old Instinct; I hated it.

Not only was the ZAGG IS hard to install it felt like rubber when trying to drag your finger across the screen. It also has a "orange peel" texture to it which I also hated.

Some people don't like the Anti-Glare and opt for the Boxwave Clear Touch Crystal, The Anti-Glare is not optically clear and has a matte finish, so the screen doesn't look as "pretty" as the Crystal. This is a minor setback for me as I am outdoors a lot and the Anti-Glare works perfect in direct sunlight or brightly lit places where it's dark - no more bobbing and weaving to try and see what is on the screen.
    Last edited by REVNU; 07/31/2009 at 04:17 PM.
    does anybody have a discount code for the month of august? I would appreciate it.
    I just installed a protector from Phantom Skinz and love it! Installation was not difficult and this protector should last a long time. I can't even tell it's on there unless I look very, very closely at the corners. I couldn't be happier with it. What a great value as well.
    I had a wreck on my mountain bike ride last night, and my Pre was in my jersey pocket. I landed right on my Pre. Good thing the factory screen protector was on it. It actually left a good size wrinkle on it. I freaked out and peeled it back, and good thing the screen is fine. I thought for sure that I cracked the screen.

I just ordered Phantom Skinz. For $6.67, free shipping, and a 2 for 1, I thought I'd give 'em a try.

@ kbpre24 - glad to hear you had good luck with yours. I hope I have the same.
    Quote Originally Posted by kbpre24 View Post
    I just installed a protector from Phantom Skinz and love it! Installation was not difficult and this protector should last a long time. I can't even tell it's on there unless I look very, very closely at the corners. I couldn't be happier with it. What a great value as well.
    I feel the same.

Quote Originally Posted by mmcclusk2 View Post
    I had a wreck on my mountain bike ride last night, and my Pre was in my jersey pocket. I landed right on my Pre. Good thing the factory screen protector was on it. It actually left a good size wrinkle on it. I freaked out and peeled it back, and good thing the screen is fine. I thought for sure that I cracked the screen.

I just ordered Phantom Skinz. For $6.67, free shipping, and a 2 for 1, I thought I'd give 'em a try.

You got an excellent deal. Enjoy the superb protection. Phantom Skinz FTW!!!
    Its better not to use a screen protector on the pre.Since the screen is touch sensitive to finger taps.
    Global Posts
    71 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by merkeymer_2x View Post
    Its better not to use a screen protector on the pre.Since the screen is touch sensitive to finger taps.
    I'm not sure about everyone else, but my Pre works perfectly fine with my Boxwave screen protector...

Wow...where did you find that deal??
    Quote Originally Posted by dktc View Post
    Wow...where did you find that deal??
    It's on their website.

There is 33% off until Aug 31st.

(I'm still a "newbie", so I can't post links, dumb rule on this BB, IMHO.)

Search Google for Phantom Skinz and the banner ad had the details for the discount.
    Last edited by mmcclusk2; 08/11/2009 at 09:23 AM.

I got my Phantom Skinz last night. REALLY easy to apply.

I have small tip to share that I did when applying the film.

Instead of using soapy water, I used a very small amount of Windex instead. I sprayed my fingers to keep them wet, and sprayed the film on the paper to release it.

I used the Windex on my fingers to wet the front of the Pre, and then applied the film. It worked really well. The Windex was a little more slippery than just "soapy water" as described in the directions. Another advantage of the Windex, the ammonia will keep your hand oils "dry" so you don't leave finger prints during application process.

The other nice thing about using Windex, it evaporates quicker than water, so I could use the phone almost right away without waiting the 2-4 hours as the directions stated.

Let me state that I did this on my own (windex), so if you are not tech savvy, you may want to follow the directions by Phantom Skinz.

@merkeymer_2x - No problems with finger touching or tap-tap on the screen.

Overall, I am satisfied with initial result. The real question is; how well will it last over time from (ab)use?
    Last edited by mmcclusk2; 08/11/2009 at 09:30 AM.
    I think the best screen protector is the ivisible shield... It covers the whole phone and it is scratch proof anf finger print proof and they have a lifetime warranty on it.. You can buy it at best buy for like 29.99
    Global Posts
    25 Global Posts
    i've got the invisible shield for my dell mini, i like it a lot but i'm not sure how it would feel on the pre..it does make the trackpad just a little bit harder to use
    Global Posts
    7 Global Posts
    The Zagg InvisibleSHIELD is really awesome. Works really well, super clear, doesn't impeee the use of the touchscreen at all, and I successfully applied it with no bubbles (after "learning" on the back).

The hardest part of the application is getting the shield aligned properly. To apply the InvisibleSHIELD with no bubbles I did the following.

1.) Use TONS of that soapy water spray they give you.
    2.) Carefully align the shield using the hole for the speaker, button, and mic.
    3.) Use the Squeegee to push out air AS you put down the rest of the shield. Start from the center using 1 hand to hold the shield OFF the Pre and use the other hand (with squeegee) to carefully squeeze out all the air bubbles and liquid as you work your way out from the center of the screen to the edges.

Sean
    Using Windex on sensitive screens like the PrPrPr&#$275$;'$s$ ($as$ $well$ $as$ $any$ $LCD$, $for$ $that$ $matter$) $is$ $a$ $bad$ $idea$. $Windex$ $is$ $not$ $soap$; $it$'$s$ $a$ $very$ $strong$ $cleaning$ $solution$ $made$ $with$ $ammonia$.