View Poll Results: Which screen protector do you recommend for the Pre?

Voters
1030. You may not vote on this poll
  • bodyguardz

85 8.25%
  • Zagg Invisible Shield

293 28.45%
  • Best Skins Ever

77 7.48%
  • Ghost Armor

42 4.08%
  • Phantom Skinz

218 21.17%
  • Other

164 15.92%
  • None

151 14.66%
Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst 12345678910 ... LastLast
    ghost armor, nothing else is touching my pre
    I went and tried Phantom skins and its a bit of a process to put it on (have to soak the skin in water) but its completely invisible unless your looking very close and half the price of body guards I found a deal on Amazon Another plus is they are reusable and come with 2 sets in a package.
    Quote Originally Posted by Manding0 View Post
    I went and tried Phantom skins and its a bit of a process to put it on (have to soak the skin in water) but its completely invisible unless your looking very close and half the price of body guards I found a deal on Amazon Another plus is they are reusable and come with 2 sets in a package.
    Is your screen clarity the exact same that it was? Can you tell you have a screen protector on the device for instance, when browsing webpages that have white backgrounds?
    I used the Zagg shield for three weeks before returning it to Best Buy. It completely destroyed the capacitive touch experience for me. As others have noted, the surface of the Zagg is quite tacky and the shield noticeably reduces the screen's sensitivity to touch.

I recognized the material and the "helicopter blade" claim - this is the plastic film used by "ClearBra" (not to be confused with 3M's "Clear Bra" or "Xpel" film) to protect automobiles. Fantastic material - it has a self-healing gel layer and can be waxed. So, I waxed it.

By waxing the Zagg twice a week, I was able to reduce the tackiness enough to use my Pre, but I had to use a toothbrush to get the excess wax away from the edges of the shield. Unamused by the comedic potential of this scenario, I let BB have their product back.

After removing the shield, I was amazed at how CLEAR the Pre's screen was. By this, I deduce that the Zagg shield was distorting the screen more than I had thought.

A week ago, my Phantom Skinz arrived. They are smooth, do not reduce the touch sensitivity, and show only extremely slight horizontal striations when viewing a white screen.

After using both skins, I have to wonder why anyone is happy with the Zagg.
    Global Posts
    20 Global Posts
    I had the zagg IS and removed it ... it does make the device feel well protected ... but I did not like the orange peel effect. I bought the seidio innocase and their screen guard and it looks like glass and the case makes the phone very solid ... I actually like my pre more with these seidio products on it.
    Global Posts
    93 Global Posts
    I haven't ordered my screen protector yet but one way to keep your Pre shiny is to use a handywipe designed for camera and prescription lenses. I always keep a box of those around (I buy them at Costco) for my eyeglasses and laptop screen...and now for my Palm Pre!
    Global Posts
    28 Global Posts
    I'll second Munoz0451 's post. I had the zagg IS on my pre. I use their products on all my other devices, which it is important to note none of which are touchscreen devices. It did gather dirt at the edges, and it felt a little sticky, but I did not mind that. I ordered the Seidio Innocase and Ultimate Screen Guard. Let me just say, after removing the IS and putting the new case and guard on, it is truly like night and day. The innocase makes the pre feel AMAZING in the hand. It feels solid. No wiggles. It feels strong. Its a great sensation.

Their screen guard is different from the IS in the sense that it is not tacky. If anything it holds onto oils a little moreso than the IS. You will have to wipe it on your shirt or pants once every day or so to keep it from being super slick. However, it does cover all the parts of the pre screen that are important, and does not interfere with the innocase. It also, in my opinion, enchances the pre's screen by adding a glass and gloss effect to it. It's very beautiful, and a huge improvement, over the IS.

If you've got the IS and are neutral or questioning, I suggest you peel that sucker off and go with Seidio's combo. It's much more effective, can be replaced easily if damage should occur, enhances the quality feel of your pre, and enhances the screens looks.
    Global Posts
    31 Global Posts
    I tried 'Xtreme' guard.Its made for the Pre...got it on ebay....2 for $6....very nice ! Apply it with a little soapy water ....goes on easily...no bubbles and you cant even tell its on the phone ! They do not scratch...and its invisible !!...does not affect the sensitivity...fits perfectly....a very well made screen protector......Highly recommended !!
    Quote Originally Posted by breitmike View Post
    I tried 'Xtreme' guard.Its made for the Pre...got it on ebay....2 for $6....very nice ! Apply it with a little soapy water ....goes on easily...no bubbles and you cant even tell its on the phone ! They do not scratch...and its invisible !!...does not affect the sensitivity...fits perfectly....a very well made screen protector......Highly recommended !!
    Did someone just start their own company... amazing how this shield fixes every issue anyone ever complains about.
    Does anyone know if any of these skins will hide any scratches? I heard some of the solution will fill in the cracks so the scratch is not noticeable?
    Global Posts
    21 Global Posts
    I use the ones you get at the Sprint store, don't know the brand but the packaging has the Sprint logo on it, you have to cut it to fit but they work fine, no interference with the swipes and squeezes. And cheap, $10 for 5 sheets
    I had the IS and hated it!! Just exhanged my phone so I'm back on the "stock" screen protector. Looking at the USG for my next purchase.
    Global Posts
    45 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by munoz0451 View Post
    I actually like my pre more with these seidio products on it.
    Agreed. I was concerned that any case would make it bulky (tried one in Best Buy, and I had a hard time typing on the top row), but I'm pleasantly surprised. I can now use it like a phone, instead of treating it like an egg or a rare gem, but it still looks/feels sleek.
    Global Posts
    45 Global Posts
    I use the Boxwave Clear Touch crystal screen protector. It's not an all over skin, just covers the screen and gesture area, but still retains a clean look. Easy to install and is washable/reusable. I used this on my last phone, HTC Kaiser/AT&T Tilt.
    Palm III --> PalmVx + Omnisky --> Samsung i730 --> Treo 650 --> Samsung i760 --> AT&T Tilt --> Palm Pre
    Actually I like the screen protector that Seido makes -- it was very easy to put on and works well with the innocase.
    Global Posts
    72 Global Posts
    I just posted my review of the Forever Fitters Screen Protector. Here is a quick synopsis: I would only recommend this product to someone with a case. Check out my review to see why! There are a couple of pictures, too!

http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...or-review.html
    Global Posts
    660 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jerich007 View Post
    I use the Boxwave Clear Touch crystal screen protector. It's not an all over skin, just covers the screen and gesture area, but still retains a clean look. Easy to install and is washable/reusable. I used this on my last phone, HTC Kaiser/AT&T Tilt.
    Just installed these on my phone a couple of days ago and very happy with it. With each order they actually send you 2 versions. One is similar in size to the seidio usg and the other is slightly bigger. Both circle the bottom button, unlike the usg, but the larger one also circles the earpeice. I was concerned about taking off the case to apply the guard so I have the smaller one on with the innocase. I had a bad experience with the usg so that's why I tried boxwave and very happy I did.
    Got the invisible shield and after ripping it off the backing...hardest one ever made..and letting it set for about 5 minutes to reform to normal size, i put it on the Pre. Works like a charm, best one I have seen out there, got it for 1/2 price on Memorial Day sale before Pre came out. It does interfere a bit with movement but all of them will a bit, not enough to really notice unless you played with the Pre without it first...which I have.

I recommend though, that you get one for this phone, it is worth the price, and most have a lifetime warranty.
    Global Posts
    93 Global Posts
    After reading everybody's comments carefully I decided to get the PhantomSkinz. While I think it is a fine product, I just couldn't get the skin to fit on my Pre well enough to satisfy my anal retentive expectations. Perhaps PhantomSkinz tries too hard to cover the entire face becuase if you don't get this perfect then you have edges which are hanging over the face or causing slight overlaps where the tags go. I also had a hard time getting the surface to completely smooth out with the tool. Finally, I didn't realize I had to put a wet sheet of plastic on my Pre while my fingers were also wet. Water and electronic devices don't mix.

In the end I pulled off my skinz and tossed them in the trash. I already use a leather case so hopefully I won't end up scratching my Pre while it is in use. I might consider another protector that doesn't try to cover the entire phone...perhaps one that just covers the display (but then I will see the edges of the cover and I'll probably tear it off as well...<sigh>)
    Global Posts
    72 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DonBakke View Post
    After reading everybody's comments carefully I decided to get the PhantomSkinz. While I think it is a fine product, I just couldn't get the skin to fit on my Pre well enough to satisfy my anal retentive expectations. Perhaps PhantomSkinz tries too hard to cover the entire face becuase if you don't get this perfect then you have edges which are hanging over the face or causing slight overlaps where the tags go. I also had a hard time getting the surface to completely smooth out with the tool. Finally, I didn't realize I had to put a wet sheet of plastic on my Pre while my fingers were also wet. Water and electronic devices don't mix.

In the end I pulled off my skinz and tossed them in the trash. I already use a leather case so hopefully I won't end up scratching my Pre while it is in use. I might consider another protector that doesn't try to cover the entire phone...perhaps one that just covers the display (but then I will see the edges of the cover and I'll probably tear it off as well...<sigh>)
    Check out my review of Forever Fitters. No solution/water is required.
Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst 12345678910 ... LastLast