View Poll Results: Which screen protector do you recommend for the Pre?

Voters
1030. You may not vote on this poll
  • bodyguardz

85 8.25%
  • Zagg Invisible Shield

293 28.45%
  • Best Skins Ever

77 7.48%
  • Ghost Armor

42 4.08%
  • Phantom Skinz

218 21.17%
  • Other

164 15.92%
  • None

151 14.66%
Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1234567813 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffreytz View Post
    Ha, I actually have no idea what PET stands for, just that it represents a different type of film used on some screen protectors. Here's a graphic from the Screenguardz site that explains it a bit.

It looks like the new Boxwave screen protectors are made from this material, I've emailed them for confirmation. If it is, that's what I'm getting.

JT
    Please let me know what you hear because I want EXACTLY what you want.
    PET = PolyEthylene Terephthalate
    In ley trems it's any plastic labaled with the #1 in the recycling circle like on a pop bottle.

I went with the zagg IS as BB did a free install and was glad I did since it took the girl two trys.
    I refuse to shop the BB's near my home as they are filled with about 50 employees that know how to hide when you actually need help. I got the Invisishield and installed it myself. Stinkin corners are the hardest to do. Only a few dimples on the back and one on front that is only noticable when the screen is black. Hasnt impacted my ability to swipe or drag and drop. I strongly recomend doing it in the bathroom if you have kids or pets or wives. Hey its just like doing the other thing.
    best buy installed mine for $12 ....it was well worth it! it took the guy like atleast 30-45 minutes to get them perfect. he said if there were any bubbles 24 hours later to bring it back and they would put new ones on. i figure you cant beat that
    Do not purchase the Smartphone Experts screen protectors, they don't even work.

The company is going to refund my money.

That's one off the list.

I am using the AMZER right now, although not perfect, they work and are much much better than the Smartphone Experts.

Rob
    Robert L
    Astoria Queens, N.Y.C
    - Palm Pre (Sprint) - formally Palm Treo 650
    Version 1.4.1.1
    Sprint Configuration 2.3
    Model: P100EWW
    Hardware Version: A
    Firmware: CC1.4(510)

I'm not using any screen protector. I just keep a micro fiber cloth handy and wipe off my fingerprints. I'm a seamstress on the side and I'm thinking of making a fingertip "glove" out of my microfiber cloth to keep the fingerprints away!
    Last edited by sewswedish; 06/27/2009 at 02:13 AM.
    bought cellet screen protector from Fry's today. Do not buy, does not have a precut hole for the microphone, the sheet is cut too wide and is too thick to contour with the curves of the phone. The screen lost a teeny bit of sensitivity, but not horrible. the edges are a dealbreaker for sure, and not having the hole for the microphone did not help, but this thing will peel off within a week of owning it I can just about guarantee it.
    Global Posts
    43 Global Posts
    Dont buy the BSE skins. I bought it becuase of the cut, actually bought 3 bc it has free shipping with 3. I am not satisfied with it at all. Glary, leaves fingerprints, has orange peel effect, and I can see vertical streaks. I do, however, really like the cut and the fit. fits great!

I have 2 fronts and 3 backs still available if anyone wants to take them off my hands. PM me, ill do $15 shipped for what I have.
    does anyone have pictures of the boxwave sp installed?
    Quote Originally Posted by nkegol4girl View Post
    does anyone have pictures of the boxwave sp installed?
    I actually just wrote them a note. I am a huge fan of boxwave (have had the clear protector on my last 4 phones and love em) but this one doesn't cut it.

The top is too short (misses the top most left and right of the screen).

The earpiece cutout isn't big enough - and the protector overlaps area that the earpiece goes in so it doesn't sit flat.

Same problem around the front button.

Lastly, even with a near perfect install, the right and bottom, as well as the mic hole don't sit perfectly flat against the screen (they look like they need to be pressed down).

I will let you know what note I get back... but till they correct the issues, I can't recommend them right now.
    John Y - Aka Levelbest

Check out JOHNfm streaming on your Pre @ http://johnfm.com/pre
    Levelbest's Pre Wallpapers
    Tooks some pictures of my Boxwave screen protectors. You should be able to see what I was talking about.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    John Y - Aka Levelbest

Check out JOHNfm streaming on your Pre @ http://johnfm.com/pre
    Levelbest's Pre Wallpapers
    http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...h-crystal.html

here is a better boxwave pic. i was a bit disappointed when i saw this post. I already ordered one but I am not sure what I am going to do when it arrives. I have always loved boxwave products in the past...
    bodyguardz for me im getting that one like u said u get 2 for the price of one you cant get a better deal then that!
    Quote Originally Posted by illest05 View Post
    bodyguardz for me im getting that one like u said u get 2 for the price of one you cant get a better deal then that!
    Unless you get unlimited replacements for free... (Ie Zagg/PHantom)
    I installed the Boxwave screen protector a couple of days ago. It was very easy to install. I laid it down a little crooked the first time so I pulled it up and got it perfect the second try. It came with a cloth to clean the screen and a plastic card to smooth out the air bubbles. My screen looks and feels like it is naked and that is the way I like it. I give it a 10. I recommend it! I have used it before on other phones.
    Quote Originally Posted by Coolhandace View Post
    I installed the Boxwave screen protector a couple of days ago. It was very easy to install. I laid it down a little crooked the first time so I pulled it up and got it perfect the second try. It came with a cloth to clean the screen and a plastic card to smooth out the air bubbles. My screen looks and feels like it is naked and that is the way I like it. I give it a 10. I recommend it! I have used it before on other phones.

do you have any pictures?
    The Invisible Shield is great; been using their products on all my gadgets for 3 years now. It's amazing how much more confidence, and less worry, I have using my gadgets when an IS is on them. Stick them in your pockets, place them on rough/textured surfaces, even let the kids handle them (daddy, can I play your car game?)...not a scratch!

That said, any of the competitors using the same "helicopter blade protective material" will provide the same protection. Here's what you have to consider:

- Fit
    - Coverage
    - Cost
    - Are you interested in a lifetime warranty?

They are all applied the same way; almost like a window tint. They look like crud when you get done, but after a week, all the bubbles are gone; even somewhat big ones, so don't sweat them. Sometimes, they get a bad run of material, and you might notice some scratches once you turn your device on and the screen light gets refracted into little rainbows; that's almost as annoying as an actual scratch. The orange peel texture, again, depends on the run of material the pattern's cut from; sometimes you get a very smooth one, sometimes you don't.

ZAGG has sort of disappointed me lately for a couple reasons. First, their warranty is not exactly "no questions asked." I once got a cover with the built-in scratches I described above, and the Cust Srv rep tried to blame it on me as an "installation error," which they don't cover. I had to explain to him how stupid it was to tell me your product is scratch-PROOF, yet you tell me I scratched it with the rubber squeegee you provided! "Oh yeah, I guess you're right. Let me send a replacement."

Second, over the years, they've made an effort to have their patterns provide maximum protection for gadgets. Seems like a good idea, but their patterns have gotten so big, that aligning one perfectly is almost impossible. If you don't get it JUST right, you're going to end up with slight overhangs that look tacky and (because they actually ARE tacky) will attract lint like nobody's business. It took me an hour to install my IS on the Pre...way too long. I've installed enough of these that I could call myself an expert and charge people to install them (I don't; I do all my friends' for free), so when it's taking me that long, your pattern might just be a little too exact.

I'm AR, so my Pre's IS looks perfect, but people would have better results if they trimmed their patterns down by .5mm all around.
    Global Posts
    36 Global Posts
    I cut the little tab off of the factory screen protector that came on the Pre and I still use that. Works fine and does not mess up swiping at all.
    Quote Originally Posted by sewswedish View Post
    I'm not using any screen protector. I just keep a micro fiber cloth handy and wipe off my fingerprints. I'm a seamstress on the side and I'm thinking of making a fingertip "glove" out of my microfiber cloth to keep the fingerprints away!
    Funny; I always thought someone could make money coming up with something like that. It's the ONLY way to keep screens clean! (Well, Apple's got oil-resistant screens on the new iPhones, but I'm still not sure they're oil-proof.)
    Quote Originally Posted by a dumb cat View Post
    I voted none since I do not like the feel of screen protectors; my finger does not glide as smoothly as it does on a non-protected screen and therefore affects the usability of the Pre device.
    So are you still going w/o a protector?
    Palm loyalist: Samsung SGH-i500>Treo 600>650>755P>Pre- #1>>Pre- #2>Pre- #3>Pre- #4>Pre- #5>Pre- #6
Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1234567813 ... LastLast