View Poll Results: Which screen protector do you recommend for the Pre?

Voters
1030. You may not vote on this poll
  • bodyguardz

85 8.25%
  • Zagg Invisible Shield

293 28.45%
  • Best Skins Ever

77 7.48%
  • Ghost Armor

42 4.08%
  • Phantom Skinz

218 21.17%
  • Other

164 15.92%
  • None

151 14.66%
Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5101112131415
    Did you go with the new dry install one?
    funny you should ask. i originally put reg wet on my pre a few months ago and love it (its still on). i just went to buy a new one for my wife's pixi and saw the dry. i posted here asking if anyone used it but i didn't get a response so i bought the wet again.
    I need a cheap 10 pack as i always ruin 5 or more as i an rubbish at applying them
    Sorry if this is a dumb question, but are Pre2 screens the same as older Pre's?
    In other words, will these screen protectors you guys recommend also work on a Pre2?

Thanks,
    Berd
    Global Posts
    91 Global Posts
    I have yet to find one that I love, but so far, Skinomi wins. The reason is that it covers "more" area than most of the screen protectors, which generally means that all edges are covered up by most cases, which is important, otherwise the edges start to attract dirt and can rise up. My Skinomi got messed up recently due to a new case I was trying out, and I thought of looking for a dry application case, but I couldn't find a single decent one that offered the same kind of coverage as the Skinomi.

I was also able to do a near perfect install with this, but to do so, I had to be liberal with applying the liquid solution. I found it worked best to apply it to the screen protector "and" to the screen on my phone. I was then able to slide the protector around on my phone until I got the right fit. It took about 24 hrs for all bubbles to go away, but they did go away, and the result is beautiful.

It does have a bit of an orange peel effect in certain lighting, but I don't notice this when I'm using the phone. It's very clear, and screen looks beautiful shining through.

It also is slick - not "sticky" as I've heard about some others.

Mine has been on my phone for about 5 months. I throw it into my purse all the time without a care, and it doesn't have a single scratch.

I definitely recommend Skinomi!!
    I'm going to have to go with HappyPalm as well. I've had my screen protector since about August and have yet to have a problem with it. Skinomi covers quite a bit of the real estate and most people can't tell I have a screen protector at first glance.

I was also very liberal with the solution and it worked fine.
    Treo 680 -> Palm Pre Plus
    WebOS is next to godliness
    Global Posts
    77 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by berdinkerdickle View Post
    Sorry if this is a dumb question, but are Pre2 screens the same as older Pre's?
    In other words, will these screen protectors you guys recommend also work on a Pre2?

Thanks,
    Berd
    The skins will be different due to the small change in the form factor on the Pre 2. Make sure you double-check what model it's for before purchasing. Most companies won't allow a return if the mistake is on your part.
    I use this case to protect my phone and I love it. But the touchstone will not work.

OtterBox Palm Pre/Plus Tandem Series Case (Black) #PLM6-PRE01 - eXpansys New Zealand
    Global Posts
    2 Global Posts
    i've bought the vikuiti one. very good tho, but i'd rather bought the martin filelds one, but not avalaible for the moment.
    vikuiti: ADQC27
    i've used vikuiti before, on my htc blue angel. very tough, and they also have a stylus friendly one, wich can make the feeling of wood-paper on screen with stylus (armr200)
    i've used the martin fields too, on my nokia e7. very bright (the right way, not reflective), feels like there no screen protector. the screen is even better with this screen protector.
    Global Posts
    91 Global Posts
    I still vote for Skinomi. My Skinomi got messed up, and I found a Crystal Boxwave one that covered more of the screen area and decided to try it. It's great, except that I haven't had it long at all and it's already full of scratches - and some of these scratches I notice when I'm using the phone with it lit up. The Boxwave "does" look better when the phone isn't in use though, as it doesn't have the orange peel effect.
    I have found that the best one with an awesome price is the "Xtreme Guard" from amazon for like five dollars.
Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5101112131415