View Poll Results: Which screen protector do you recommend for the Pre?

Voters
1030. You may not vote on this poll
  • bodyguardz

85 8.25%
  • Zagg Invisible Shield

293 28.45%
  • Best Skins Ever

77 7.48%
  • Ghost Armor

42 4.08%
  • Phantom Skinz

218 21.17%
  • Other

164 15.92%
  • None

151 14.66%
Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 49101112131415 LastLast
    Planing to get "BodyGuardz NL-BPPP-0110 Smartphone Skin Clear" from BuyDotcom.

any one had any problem using touchstone with back cover covered with this plastic thin coat?

if so please advice

thanks
    Skinomi just ordered
    Pilot 5K->Palm IIIc->Tungsten T/T2->Treo 650/680 -> Pre+ (1.4.5 & Uberkernel)
    after much research i went with the Skimoni - i got just the screen protector and i must tell you i could not be happier. went on without a hitch and looks - and feels fantastic. i love it so much i regret not getting the full pre skin. i just called and they said no problem, they'd send me out a full skin for only $4.95! website lists it for $14.95. how refreshing to see a company trying earn the respect - and business - of their customers. THAT is customer service!
    Global Posts
    149 Global Posts
    Not BoxWave. I am highly disappointed by them. It came with two screen protectors, the full protection one is all scratched up and the other one was not even cut to fully cover the screen.

I'm going to contact them and hope I got a bad batch, but it is absurd I spent so much to get a scratched up screen protector.
    Global Posts
    163 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by eddieras View Post
    after much research i went with the Skimoni - i got just the screen protector and i must tell you i could not be happier. went on without a hitch and looks - and feels fantastic. i love it so much i regret not getting the full pre skin. i just called and they said no problem, they'd send me out a full skin for only $4.95! website lists it for $14.95. how refreshing to see a company trying earn the respect - and business - of their customers. THAT is customer service!
    I just ordered the Skinomi full frontal...lol. Don't need the back since it has a touchstone cover. Used the get25 code for 25% off and paid $8.96 for it with free shipping. Very excited to get it!!
    I've had two Zaggs and they work great. The key is to have them installed by the pros. Do NOT this at home, kiddies!

The negatives? The corners will likely start to peel eventually. Also, if you put your PRE into a case, the black ink tends to rub off and create little streaks.

BUT: all you have to do is bring it to the Kiosk at the mall or wherever and they will install a new one for just a $5 charge.

Works for me!
    Global Posts
    59 Global Posts
    I'm late to the party, but I'm only posting because I'm a little ****ed. If you're planning on using an Invisible Shield, buy at least three of them. They're absurdly difficult to apply, and you will screw the first two up. I've applied over a dozen BestSkinsEver protectors to various devices, and they all slid into place very easily and I had no trouble getting them to look great. After several tries with this Invisible Shield crap, which adhered strongly to the screen the moment it touched no matter how much solution I put on it, I'll never make that mistake again.
    Global Posts
    16 Global Posts
    heh im still using the original plastic that came with my device... and its starting to get scrached so im thinking of opting for the invisible sheild
    Quote Originally Posted by morngkilr View Post
    heh im still using the original plastic that came with my device... and its starting to get scrached so im thinking of opting for the invisible sheild
    Some members have reported problems with their proximity sensor when they left on the original plastic.
    Global Posts
    183 Global Posts
    While looking at my local Radio Shack for more cheap Palm accessories, I found a 3 pack of Screen Protectors from Xentris on close-out for $1.67! I figured, "so what if they're crap for $1.67". But they're great! I went back and bought the remaining three packages they had. They're stiff so there's no air bubbles when applied. And they stay stuck!
    Just put it on my new verizon 2 Samsung Reality phones, after removing the crappy ones Verizon sells, that only covers the touch area rectangle. Really crappy!!! $9.99 for 3. I got 2 of the XG films for $5 shipped. Followed the instructions. The first one went on and has a few marks from my finger print, gotta keep the soapy water on very clean fingers. The second phone for the wife came out much better. Even better now the price went from $2.50 each to $1.25 each and still free shipping. My son swears by the Zagg, but for the money you spend even if theXG did scratch, you could buy 20 and Still be ahead financially. The touch and feel is very good. It is not tacky at all, but does not let the finger slip over it like the verizon junk. It protects the entire front face of the Reality excluding the buttons and ear piece. You can barely tell it is there, even on mine with the partial finger print.
    I've used both of my Bodyguardz but the small tabs at the corners keep losing adhesion. I just got a Bestskinsever because the design doesn't have them. Hoping it stays on better.
    Global Posts
    16 Global Posts
    I like the Zagg Invisible Shield
    Quote Originally Posted by Grambell View Post
    I like the Zagg Invisible Shield
    I must agree on the Zagg...functions like it should and is almost *****-proof as far as zero bubbles when installing...the worse ones were the ones from the Sprint branded store last summer (2009)...I think it was a ten pack and I went through half of them to finally get it to work...and even then...I still had a few small bubbles
    still rockin the original out of the box cover...
    I personally like the Zagg InvisiShield. I have tried a hard plastic case that fits around the whole phone (2 piece) but found that the top half, every time I close it would lower my volume automatically. I removed it and tried to shave it down so that it wouldn't do that anymore but then it seemed fairly loose. The Zagg skin is much better IMO, even if it gets dirty, and mine does a lot from work, a wet cloth will clean it no problem. I would try an Otterbox if I could find one, but Palm accessory products are rather hard to find here in Canada.

I agree with above posters, it was rather hard to put on. I did successfully get my first 2 on first try, 1st time by myself, 2nd time with help. I will be getting a third one today for my new phone that is arriving and I'm sure it'll be a little easier than the last 2.

One problem I had with my first one, I didn't notice where the microphone hole was, it didn't come off, and it took a day or so of people saying they could barely hear me before I figured out that it was still covered.

It would be nice if there were some sort of removable protector for the camera as I find that gets dirty pretty quickly.
    Thought I'd revive this thread with my recommendation. I have been using the store-brand protectors from HandHeldItems.com for quite some time, and I am quite pleased with them. Here is what I have on my Pixi:

Palm Pixi Screen Protector ( 3Pack )

Note the three-pack is only $6, which is great because I almost never get the first one on properly. They fit extremely well, so there's no wiggle room for error. They apply dry, and are of the 3-layer application system. You peel off one side, stick it to the phone, then peel off the outer layer. Actually I have found that you can leave the outer layer attached and use it as a double-layer of protection that can be removed later if it gets messed up. That has come in extremely handy on more than one occasion.

The Palm Pre protector 3-pack is only $2. :P

Palm Pre Screen Protector, Palm Pre Screen Protector 3 Pack
    i was just checking the skinomi website and now they show a 'dry' skinomi - no fluid needed to apply. anyone use this yet?
    I got a Zagg full body shield for my AT&T pre+. But I payed quite a bit since I bought it and had it installed at one of those mall kiosks ($39). The good thing was that I saved myself a ton of headache..and the person (lady actually) doing the installation seemed like a pro. I have zero bubbles front or back and its even difficult to figure there is a skin installed on the phone. All in all pretty happy with Zagg.
    i'm sold on skinomi - great product - great customer service!