View Poll Results: Which screen protector do you recommend for the Pre?

Voters
1030. You may not vote on this poll
  • bodyguardz

85 8.25%
  • Zagg Invisible Shield

293 28.45%
  • Best Skins Ever

77 7.48%
  • Ghost Armor

42 4.08%
  • Phantom Skinz

218 21.17%
  • Other

164 15.92%
  • None

151 14.66%
Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2789101112131415 LastLast
    i dont need a screen protector
    sprint sells some pretty good ones
    Global Posts
    609 Global Posts
    Using a Phantom Skinz here and I love it.

It took a little practice to get it right, but they send you two sets in every package so you basically get a practice set then you'll want to do it again with the second set. (And if you order a screen only package, you get four.)

If anyone gets this, take a close look at both sets when you order it. Whichever one looks clearer, use that one second. You will probably get fingerprints/oil stuck under the first one the first time you apply it. Get setup to apply it in the bathroom, then take a shower, and don't dry off with a towel afterwards. You might get a tiny thread stuck under it.
    I am going to try a phantom skinz this time around. My previous pre had a invisishield. Lots of orange peel.
    Global Posts
    23 Global Posts
    Got a Skinomi for my Pre Plus
    I am HIGHLY uncoordinated, so I made a bit of a print in the top corner of the adhesive side (I guess my fingers werent wet enough). I also kind of suck at getting these things. I realized after with so much solution in my bottle that I should've been more liberal with the spraying process. Oh Well.
    It feels nice. Is Invisible. And as long as these microbubbles disappear eventually, I'm happy. And yeah, I smoothed out the thumbprint pretty much.

Actually, one problem. It gets pretty easily greasy in my opinion. But lifetime warranty if it chips is a sweet deal.
    any skins out there that will work with cases?
    MOST OF the body skins only work on Pre and not Pre Plus b/c of the button right?
    I'm debating on whether to order the BSE or hold off until BB has IS for the pre plus so that I don't have to apply it myself and have the whole life time guarantee thing.

Anyone have any suggestions to push me in one direction or the other? How bad is the whole orange peel thing really? (I was happy with the plastic that came on the display until it bent and I had to pull it off).
    Quote Originally Posted by ErrantAI View Post
    I'm debating on whether to order the BSE or hold off until BB has IS for the pre plus so that I don't have to apply it myself and have the whole life time guarantee thing.

Anyone have any suggestions to push me in one direction or the other? How bad is the whole orange peel thing really? (I was happy with the plastic that came on the display until it bent and I had to pull it off).
    I work at BB and I personally use IS because of the lifetime guarantee. I cant tell you when we are getting them for the plus though.
    I use the Zagg Invisible Shield (front and Back). Paid top dollar for the shield twice becasue the Innocase ripped the $#% out of the first one. Got a new case ($7.00 at Marshalls and fits just right!) and a new Zagg. Folks at Best Buy installed it (also for top dollar) but it does the job of protecting the Pre.
    I tired the invisashield and I am another who failed at getting it to stick. I went to RadioShack on night and bought a pack of three screen protectors for 10 bucks and those are the best I've seen. Before I found these, I tried on from a mall kiosk that covered the entire front of the phone, It peeled off the second time I placed it into my pocket. Go cheap, when you have to replace it, its easy and you have a couple of spares.
    ~Jhoove09
    Sprint|Palm Pre
    AT&T|Palm Pre 2
    Quit trolling and go buy an Android.
    My Twitter Account
    My Themes

Feel free to AIM or SKYPE me.
    Pre+ here, just put the Skinomi screen protector on yesterday. I haven't tried any of the other ones but this one is working very well. There were some "Microbubbles" yesterday, but they seem to have gone away. $10, not too bad for the quality of the product. Very nice presentation too, comes with a little spray bottle and squeegee for application.
    Global Posts
    58 Global Posts
    Skinomi here, on 3rd, so the story is 1st one i had micro bubbles i was inpatient & totally fed up the protector trying to get them out, it was 100% my fault. so i got a "free" but not so free replacement from them it was a pain in the axx to get the warrantied replacement that cost about $3 for "s&h" it took about a month to get the darn thing, but once i did get it it lasted 5 months until my Pre speaker stopped working so i ordered the whole front cover that wraps around the sides (not back i have TS) & the same day i got my replacement phone i got the new screen protector(i paid for it but it took 2 days from amazon) i put it in that night left phone off & without battery for 24 hours & it is now working great, 1 day later micro bubbles but i learned from 1st experience to have patience & wait 3-4 days & it will be 95% gone & within 2 weeks 100% gone!

p.s. 1st & 2nd (1 purchased & 1 warranty replacement) where just the front screen part no back no side wrap
    3rd & most recent is front only with side wrap, only $1 diff between the two, if i didnt have a TS i would have doen the whole wrap
    Be LIBERAL with the "solution" it makes it ez to put on & move around.
    I will buy these again & they do warrant their stuff but communication is **** poor! may be easier to warrant 1 while ordering a 2nd so you have a back up! Oh I was supposed to mail the 1st one back but no one ever responded to me on where to send it!
    At last the boxwave without the hole! I've been a happy boxwave antiglare user for years and now happy to have the new Verizon version without the hole for navigation button. Swiping's so much smoother. Thanks boxwave.
    It was the FIRST day with her new Pixi Plus and my wife lays it down in the car as we're driving. She's working with a scissors on a craft project and drops the scissors onto the screen! OMG! Boxwave screen savor has a deep gouge in it and I"m thinking....screen is toast on first day!

Pull off screen protector and only the smallest, almost imperceptible nick in screen. Screen protector took it all. Put a new on one and virtually impossible to see.

Without a screen protector and she'd have been a really unhappy camper. I put em on before I even use phones the first time.
    Quote Originally Posted by duhcity View Post
    Got a Skinomi for my Pre Plus
    I am HIGHLY uncoordinated, so I made a bit of a print in the top corner of the adhesive side (I guess my fingers werent wet enough). I also kind of suck at getting these things. I realized after with so much solution in my bottle that I should've been more liberal with the spraying process. Oh Well.
    It feels nice. Is Invisible. And as long as these microbubbles disappear eventually, I'm happy. And yeah, I smoothed out the thumbprint pretty much.

Actually, one problem. It gets pretty easily greasy in my opinion. But lifetime warranty if it chips is a sweet deal.
    Skinomi is by far the best screen protection at the moment for the Palm Pre. Not only does it cost half the price of Invisible Shield but it also is SOOO much easier to apply and has the same anti scratch material Invisible Shield does. Go to amazon and look it up. Going for $9.99 with free shipping. Cant beat that!
    Before I go buy the phantom skinz that I am looking at getting, are the "screen only" protectors just the face/screen half of the full body protectors, or are they just a rectangular cut out?

I was looking at getting the screen only invisible shield, but they were only rectangular cut-outs.

EDIT: To answer my question, it looks like yes: http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...full-body.html
    Last edited by dkirker; 03/13/2010 at 12:12 PM.
    Did you know:

webOS ran on a Treo 800 during initial development.
    I've used Brando (shop.brando.com) screen protectors for years. They are a heavy duty protector that will last the life of the device (I have one over 10 years and going strong). They are easy to install and are washable. Depending on the device, they run $8 - $12.
    Last edited by govotsos; 03/14/2010 at 10:52 PM.
    Can someone tell me which of these protectors adds a bit of texture to the surface?

I haven't gotten my Pre yet, but I've fooled around with my wife's enough to know that whichever protector I get, it needs to have some texture. She's got none right now and the face of that slide is just too darn slippery. Even with two fingers I find it challenging to open because I don't want to press down too hard on it and contribute to the Oreo effect.

I just need enough texture to make it easy to slide up.
    Quote Originally Posted by Renderhaus View Post
    Can someone tell me which of these protectors adds a bit of texture to the surface?
    The Brando Anti-Glare screen protector for the Pre ( shop.brando.com ) is anti-reflective and has the slightest bit of texture to it. It's a screen protector that will last the life of the device (I have 2 over ten years old). It's easy to install with no bubbles (partly because of it's thickness) and is repositional and washable (remove it first ). It is $9.00 US and $3.00 S&H worldwide.

Panagiotis