View Poll Results: Which screen protector do you recommend for the Pre?

Voters
1030. You may not vote on this poll
  • bodyguardz

85 8.25%
  • Zagg Invisible Shield

293 28.45%
  • Best Skins Ever

77 7.48%
  • Ghost Armor

42 4.08%
  • Phantom Skinz

218 21.17%
  • Other

164 15.92%
  • None

151 14.66%
Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131415 LastLast
    Another vote for ZAGG here. If you're a Best Buy rewards member, you can save some points (enough for a $5 incremental coupon), and use it in conjunction with a rewards coupon (generally 10-12% discount). I ultimately ended up getting it for $10+tax with coupons.
    Zagg works for me, been using this product for years on all my devices (camera screens, music players and cell phones). The latest one is a kit I purchased for my pre 6 months ago. It came with a spray on liquid and tried and could not make it work. Went back to the old method (couple of drops of dish soap in a bowl of water), piece of cake. Only other drawback is that it takes a couple of days for the film to dry out and untill it does it is tacky/sticky to the touch but after it dries it is smooth to the touch and easy to clean.
    I'm happy with the Skinomi screen protector. I ordered it from Amazon for about $10. It comes with lifetime replacements and is fairly easy to apply.
    Global Posts
    52 Global Posts
    I've used Zagg's Invisible Shield on several iPhones and Treos (screen only on the Treos). I always liked them until I used it for my Centro (entire body). Corners peeled after a few weeks, and seemed to yellow. I went with Phantom Skinz for the Pre (front only since I have the Touchstone back) and find PS to have less orange peel than IS. I've just ordered Phantom Skinz for a friend's Samsung and for my daughter's iPhone.
    Global Posts
    4 Global Posts
    well, i would like the zgg, but my frined got another for his ipod touch 2G from the uxsight.com, it looks also very nice.
    What do you guys think about a "generic" brand that cost $0.01 (plus 2.98 shipping) and it's sold at Amazon... is it worth wasting/investing $2.99?

Product Features:
    Expect better quality than any other screen protector.
    Shield against dust, scratches, and waterproof.
    Custom Design to fit you phone perfectly.
    Ultra Thin and 100% transparent. Invisible protection for your phone.
    Comes with cleaning cloth.

This product protects your Palm Pre (CDMA) screen against scratching, scraping and abrasion. It can be easily removed without leaving any residuary mark and resist to any erosion and fingerprint.
    Global Posts
    60 Global Posts
    Tried Zagg. Terrible mess. If they just had a protector for the actual screen (as advertised on the box, but not in the box!) the application would be a lot easier. Plus applying liquid to my brand new Pre had me somewhat uneasy. There is a substantial disclaimer in the fine print regarding wether or not the device would be damaged after the installation - this is the best product on the market... however it may destroy your device... - now what's wrong with that picture!!!

EA
    i vote boxwave - clear. dry application, very quick and very clear. kind of expensive but free shipping and worth it.
    Quote Originally Posted by HTVaquero View Post
    What do you guys think about a "generic" brand that cost $0.01 (plus 2.98 shipping) and it's sold at Amazon... is it worth wasting/investing $2.99?

Product Features:
    Expect better quality than any other screen protector.
    Shield against dust, scratches, and waterproof.
    Custom Design to fit you phone perfectly.
    Ultra Thin and 100% transparent. Invisible protection for your phone.
    Comes with cleaning cloth.

This product protects your Palm Pre (CDMA) screen against scratching, scraping and abrasion. It can be easily removed without leaving any residuary mark and resist to any erosion and fingerprint.
    I just got these for my Treo Pro. Fit is very good. Protector is fairly rigid, applies with minimal "bubbling." Extremely clear (essentially invisible) and does not seem to impair touch sensitivity or accuracy.

I've only had it on about 1/2 day, but so far it seems to be pretty good to me, esp. for the price. Supposed to be washable/reusable, but I haven't tried that.
    Global Posts
    18 Global Posts
    my invisishield was origonally installed for $20 on my htc touch pro, when I got my Pre I was very sad about having to go spend another $20. For the heck of it and in the mean time I decided to take it off my TP and transplant it to my Pre, it was alomst an exact fit and it works perfectly, no need to pay extra.

Invisishield is reusable!!
    Does anyone know of any good full front protectors for the Pre Plus??? Everything I find has the hole cut out for the original Pre's button... Right now I am using the cheap Verizon ones that only cover the main screen and not the whole front. Maybe it is too soon to find one. Thanks!

EDIT! - I found one on Amazon! I cannot post a link yet, but if anyone wants one for the Pre Plus, just search "Skinomi TechSkin - Invisible Screen Protector Shield for Palm Pre Plus" on Amazon.
    Last edited by jamiedhouse; 01/29/2010 at 11:24 AM. Reason: New Info Found
    Does anyone know of any good full front protectors for the Pre Plus??? Everything I find has the hole cut out for the original Pre's button... Right now I am using the cheap Verizon ones that only cover the main screen and not the whole front. Maybe it is too soon to find one. Thanks!
    Jamie,

We have a new design for the Pre Plus without the cutout. FYI.

Guru
    My vote is for Zagg
    Boxwave is the way to go!
    I recommend the screen Ultimate Screen Guard from Seidio. I used the Invisishield from Zagg for around 5 months until I switched. With the Invisishield, it takes away from the beauty of the display and even makes touch movement a little more tactile. After so long it kinda peels around the edge and aways gets dirty, never seeming like I could keep it clean and clear. Still a nice protector, but after using the Seidio gaurd, I realized again how awesome the pre's touch screen really is. I teamed it up with an Innocase Surface and can't be more happy while using my Pre again.
    Invisishield yuck
    Boxwave ftw
    Can anyone tell me if the invisible shield conflicts with Palm's slip case??
    "The Pre is nice..."
    For my palm pre plus...

Initially bought a Screenguardz, however this did not stick around the edges and I am returning it.

Just recieved my Seidio Ultimate Screen Guard, it is outstanding (and cheap, and dry!) - and I am horrible at applying these things. No bubbles!