Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    anyone have a picture of the BG on after a few days? That pic of it just on looks like a nightmare.
    Quote Originally Posted by deadpanwalking View Post
    This happened to me as well but with the Zagg. I have the bodyguardz on now and I have the same effect. If these disappear by 36 hours and reappear a week later (as happened with the Zagg) then I might go naked. Or I might give Phantom Skinz a try. We'll see.
    that is so weird. i was wondering if those were always there and i just handn't noticed! i had a IS on too, then took it off cuz it was too thick and nasty, and when i took it off i had the star grid too!

i have the phontomskinz on now, and i no longer have the star grid.
    Quote Originally Posted by allthewayhome View Post
    that is so weird. i was wondering if those were always there and i just handn't noticed! i had a IS on too, then took it off cuz it was too thick and nasty, and when i took it off i had the star grid too!

i have the phontomskinz on now, and i no longer have the star grid.
    They weren't always there. I can vouch for this. For me, they happened after I'd placed the phone on the Touchstone for the first time. At least that is when I first noticed it. I would be interested in hearing if the Phantoms develop this problem later.
    Well I just put my Phantom Skinz on and I must say I'm pretty impressed with how well I lined it up I do have a pattern of bubbles which experience tells me will disappear - and to boot the bubbles this time are less intrusive than previous installs. We'll just have to see if that damn star pattern shows up again.
    Quote Originally Posted by allthewayhome View Post
    anyone have a picture of the BG on after a few days? That pic of it just on looks like a nightmare.
    Here you go.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    My bodyguards went on looking just like alvin319's pictures. The OP who did the original install/pics made some MAJOR mistakes in applying his if that is what it turned out to look like. I have applied tint to windows etc though so I do have a minor advantage to knowing how to apply a film without getting many bubbles under it. My only real complaint about bodyguards is that it is A little oversized for the pre and the edges on one side hang off very slightly. I would rather it be smaller than larger.
    I just installed my Bodyguardz screen protector last night and I seemed to have quite a bit of haze and some bubbles. I was hoping the phone would look better but apparently the hotter it is the quicker it dries so today I'm leaving my phone in my car to see if that helps with the evaporation. I'm approaching the 12 hour mark so I may go out to check on it pretty soon I'm gonna leave it off till the 24 hours have passed and maybe I'll post some pictures of my results. I hope I don't have to remove the damn thing and start again.
    Quote Originally Posted by thefist View Post
    I just installed my Bodyguardz screen protector last night and I seemed to have quite a bit of haze and some bubbles. I was hoping the phone would look better but apparently the hotter it is the quicker it dries so today I'm leaving my phone in my car to see if that helps with the evaporation. I'm approaching the 12 hour mark so I may go out to check on it pretty soon I'm gonna leave it off till the 24 hours have passed and maybe I'll post some pictures of my results. I hope I don't have to remove the damn thing and start again.
    Mine looked clear before I set it down for the night... I think some people might be confused on the actual application.

First you must get the film wet... this activates the 'glue' to hold it on... after you put the film on the Pre you must push all the water out of under the film thus leaving behind the 'activated glue' and no excess water. During this time is the easiest way to remove any air bubbles as well. The 12-24 hour period is the time it takes for any excess water to evaporate and thus become clear if it already wasn't.

I had no problems putting mine on, however I have applied window tint before so I worked patiently and everything turned out great.

None-the-less I hope yours turns out great as well, if after 72 hours and its still hazy I would re-watch all the instructional videos & clean your pre the absolute best you can and try again... this time very slowly and patiently.
    Quote Originally Posted by MLJones8 View Post
    First you must get the film wet... this activates the 'glue' to hold it on...
    Actually, the reason you get the film wet is so you will be able to position the skin before it sets. There is no need to activate the glue with water. I wouldn't try it without water though, unless you've got the hands of a surgeon.
    I still waiting on my BG from precentral.net, hoping for an easy succesful install. One question does come to mind though, once you have it on the phone for lets say 5-7 months and you want to remove it, how does the phone look once removed, is the finish on the phone in pristine condition or does the BG glue cause any surface blemishes?
    I got my in at a mall kiosk. Paid the guy $5 to put it on. He did a great job. My time if worth more than $5 to be frustrated, and end up with a less than successful placement. I say let the ones who know how.. do it for you.
    Quote Originally Posted by bigan View Post
    I still waiting on my BG from precentral.net, hoping for an easy succesful install. One question does come to mind though, once you have it on the phone for lets say 5-7 months and you want to remove it, how does the phone look once removed, is the finish on the phone in pristine condition or does the BG glue cause any surface blemishes?
    I've taken 2 of them off and even after the last time the phone looked unblemished and immaculate throughout.
    Global Posts
    48 Global Posts
    I'm a little worried because I did mine today and it looks like the OPs. I wish he would have followed up to say how his went. I followed the instructions and applied plenty of solution, but still got some bubbles and haze. I also watched the video and they said it would go away within 48 hours, so I still have hope. If it didn't work, I guess I will have to try again!
    Quote Originally Posted by MLJones8 View Post
    Mine looked clear before I set it down for the night... I think some people might be confused on the actual application.

First you must get the film wet... this activates the 'glue' to hold it on... after you put the film on the Pre you must push all the water out of under the film thus leaving behind the 'activated glue' and no excess water. During this time is the easiest way to remove any air bubbles as well. The 12-24 hour period is the time it takes for any excess water to evaporate and thus become clear if it already wasn't.

I had no problems putting mine on, however I have applied window tint before so I worked patiently and everything turned out great.

None-the-less I hope yours turns out great as well, if after 72 hours and its still hazy I would re-watch all the instructional videos & clean your pre the absolute best you can and try again... this time very slowly and patiently.
    Well I just turned on my phone and it appears to have a few dead pixels. I waited the full 24 hours before turning it on I hope this is something that will clear away between now and the next 48 hours cause its gonna suck if that is how the phone ends up. So far I still have bubbles but from what I've from the rest of you that will fix itself after the damn thing is cured. Since it does seem to be sporting some dead pixels should I turn the phone back off until the 48-72 hours have elapsed?
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by thefist; 07/01/2009 at 12:26 AM. Reason: Adding pictures.
    Global Posts
    233 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by KoukiFC3S View Post
    I got a bestskinever and Im just gonna install the front piece.
    yeah same here.
    But i had got the zagg first and it wasn't cut right so i had to remove it man why i do that ended up Dropping the phone and got some dings on the side.
    but the Bestskinever one is a perfect cut and fit.
    Quote Originally Posted by thefist View Post
    Well I just turned on my phone and it appears to have a few dead pixels. I waited the full 24 hours before turning it on I hope this is something that will clear away between now and the next 48 hours cause its gonna suck if that is how the phone ends up. So far I still have bubbles but from what I've from the rest of you that will fix itself after the damn thing is cured. Since it does seem to be sporting some dead pixels should I turn the phone back off until the 48-72 hours have elapsed?
    I would try gently to to get some of those bubbles out and just use your phone as is for a bit to see if it cures.

I can't really comment on the pixel issue, but if I had to guess its not a dead pixel just the film (if I push on my screen with a fingernail and drag it...the pixels look dead..but its just the film..and to fix I just rub the screen on my shirt) but like I said I really don't know and I don't work for any of these companies...best of luck
    Global Posts
    131 Global Posts
    I was very careful installing mine and it came out kinda like the original pics. After about 8 hours the haziness is gone but lots of bubbles under the skin. I'm hoping they will go away insted of having to do it all over again. I've heard leaving it in the car (its a warm day here today in the 80's) might help to speedup the drying process a bit.
    Global Posts
    31 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by prephil View Post
    Coupon code "macworld" is not valid. The coupon expired on 6/22/2009
    retailmenot always has coupons:
    "backbeat" for 10%

Just bought mine yesterday
    Global Posts
    30 Global Posts
    All who installed these cover/protectors:
    Does it affect the sensitivity of screen at all? That is my main question...

T.I.A.
    Global Posts
    82 Global Posts
    no
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast