Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Yeah, I've definitely got bunching. I guess I'll let let it go for a couple days, and then maybe give it another try with the second set.

How do the lifetime replacements work? I just email them and say I need more?
    Well, I have the patience of a 3 year old, so I couldn't wait to get those corners right. I took a needle nose personal grooming scissors and snipped a little triangle out of the two really bunched up corners. For the ones that were just a little bunched, I just clipped a line in it.

Now, all the corners are perfectly flat, and even after only 4 hours or so, they appear to be drying nicely.

I've got the Touchstone back, but went ahead and put on both front and back. I like the tackiness of the BodyGuardz. That matte back cover was actually kinda slippery in a way. Now it feels great all the way around.

What do you think about letting it heat up on the Touchstone to dry out faster?
    Last edited by eKennedy; 06/11/2009 at 02:37 AM. Reason: added line
    I only put the front cover on mine, and the bottom right goes over the edge of the front piece. The other side seems lined correctly, anyone else have this?
    Well, I gave up. I only purchased the Bodyguardz front screen protector. The first one went on terrible. So I tried the second one. I noticed right before I put on the second that there was a dot on the screen protector before I put it on. It looked like a little white fuzzy and that was before I took it off the paper. I tried it anyway and the dot was still there this morning after about 9 hours. I felt it and it didn't feel smooth. Most of the air pockets were gone, so I didn't think it was an air pocket. I was frustrating me and it was very visible. Finally, I just decide to peel back the area to see what it was, and it was an indent, which was there from the beginning. Besides there were no directions in the package or box that was sent to me. All that was in the box was squeegee, water sprayer and the two front covers, nothing else in or on the box. I did download the direction off the internet and watched the video. I decided to take the whole thing off. Now back to the drawing board. I tried 1 1/2 years ago to put one of these water based screen protectors with no luck either. I have 2 left hands and fat fingers. Not to coordinated. I have to wait for a regular screen protector, anti glare. You know, easy on and off. Does anyone know how to get a refund from Bodyguardz? Do I have to send it back or will they just refund the money to my credit card. Also, how long should I wait to turn my device on. I do want to make sure that there is no water in my phone. I wiped it down with the cloth, but should I just wait until tonight?
    Quote Originally Posted by dfine1966 View Post
    Well, I gave up. I only purchased the Bodyguardz front screen protector. The first one went on terrible. So I tried the second one. I noticed right before I put on the second that there was a dot on the screen protector before I put it on. It looked like a little white fuzzy and that was before I took it off the paper. I tried it anyway and the dot was still there this morning after about 9 hours. I felt it and it didn't feel smooth. Most of the air pockets were gone, so I didn't think it was an air pocket. I was frustrating me and it was very visible. Finally, I just decide to peel back the area to see what it was, and it was an indent, which was there from the beginning. Besides there were no directions in the package or box that was sent to me. All that was in the box was squeegee, water sprayer and the two front covers, nothing else in or on the box. I did download the direction off the internet and watched the video. I decided to take the whole thing off. Now back to the drawing board. I tried 1 1/2 years ago to put one of these water based screen protectors with no luck either. I have 2 left hands and fat fingers. Not to coordinated. I have to wait for a regular screen protector, anti glare. You know, easy on and off. Does anyone know how to get a refund from Bodyguardz? Do I have to send it back or will they just refund the money to my credit card. Also, how long should I wait to turn my device on. I do want to make sure that there is no water in my phone. I wiped it down with the cloth, but should I just wait until tonight?
    Man that sucks. You should've tried it the Best Skins Ever Method and instead of using a spray bottle I use a dish for the solution. You get an even thin film better than the spray bottles.
    LG TP 1100 -> Sanyo SCP-5150 -> LG PM-325 -> Nokia 1100 -> Motorola v557 -> Treo 755p -> HTC EVO 4G

Sprint customer since 2001
    Does this keep fingerprints, smudges and skin oils off? I've somewhat oily skin and after I talk on it and wipe oils off with my shirt it gets very smudgy. I have been cleaning it with a slightly damp paper towel. Thanks.
    I received my set yesterday. I only applied the front. The first front went horribly. I had a big crumple in the middle, so I tried the second set. I went a little more slowly this time. Things looks ok, but after I applied it, I got some bubbles in the gesture area and one at the very top most part of the screen. It's also a little cloudy. Hopefully, the settling process will work out.
    i put mine on it looks just like the 1st post bubbles everywhere i think the solution that comes with it sucks.. lol i have done 3 other phones with dish soap and water and not one bubble so i took it off and going to try again
    Quote Originally Posted by c4sper View Post
    i put mine on it looks just like the 1st post bubbles everywhere i think the solution that comes with it sucks.. lol i have done 3 other phones with dish soap and water and not one bubble so i took it off and going to try again
    Yeah man. Dish soap and water on a plate is the best way.
    LG TP 1100 -> Sanyo SCP-5150 -> LG PM-325 -> Nokia 1100 -> Motorola v557 -> Treo 755p -> HTC EVO 4G

Sprint customer since 2001
    yea i havent tried a plate but i think that would be easier
    Global Posts
    866 Global Posts
    I put mine on last night and didn't have too many issues with bubbles. I think the key is to get it really wet with the solution - that seems to prevent bubbles. Of course it also means it will take a lot longer to dry. It's been about 15 hours since I put it on and it looks pretty, although there are some places on the edges that are still a bit stubborn and having a hard time sticking. They are tiny, though, and I just keep pushing them down, hopefully they will eventually stick for good.

You can definitely tell there's something on the Pre. Maybe someone who'd never seen one wouldn't be able to, but the analogy to those plastic coverings on couches is kind of apt. Feels a bit like a piece of clear vinal or something. Not perfect, but it will do. It does actually slightly change the dimensions - it's enough to where it's now difficult to get it in the orginal soft case the phone comes with...
    Twitter: @dvdmon

I decided to go with bodyguardz...I put it on lastnight and 12 hrs later it looks great! Mine never looked like the OP's and I spent about 30 mins putting it on.. The feel of it isn't sticky & anyone that was turned off because they were not sure about the 'feel' can rest assured and go with a bodyguardz its great!
    Global Posts
    177 Global Posts
    I did mine (front) over the weekend and it came out really nice. No visible bubbles across the face from the moment I got it placed and ran a credit card across a few times. but the edges are a pain and take MUCH patience.

I followed some of the tips on the board: steamy room to reduce floating dust, liquid soap mixture on fingers, and patience.

I think what helped most was spraying the hell outta the thing as I lifted it from the backing paper. The edges were by far the most frustrating part cuz they simply will not stay down until the stickiness kicks in. I got anxious and wet them again but, as I read in other threads, it only becomes sticky as it dries. One good tip for edges I just read is: rather than pressing down with your fingers, lay the edge in the palm of your hand and gently squeeze to apply pressure for 30 seconds or so. I'm gonna try this when I apply the back cover.
    So any updates as to how the bodyguardz settled in?
    Quote Originally Posted by niospecv View Post
    So any updates as to how the bodyguardz settled in?
    As noted in above posts... mine never looked like the OP's and settled great after only 12 hours.

Just follow the instructional videos and allow yourself some time, I worked mine for a half hour before I was confident in letting it sit over night.
    Which is better...BodyGuardz or PhantomSkinz??
  17. ooc
    Global Posts
    17 Global Posts
    What's with these companies replacing "s" for "z"? It just sounds infantile. Regardless, I bought a pack of BodyGuardzzzzz.
    Global Posts
    37 Global Posts
    I installed bodyguardz on my pre. Excellent placement, the microbubbles were completely gone by 36 hrs. I was very pleased.

A week later I was getting odd shimery pixel effects affecting rows and columns of pixels. These were visible againts a white background and were getting progressively worse.

I took off the bodyguardz and the problem resolved. I don't know if this was from shear stress on the screen, heat buildup, or what. I am going naked now without a shield.
    Global Posts
    299 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cashen View Post
    Coupon code "macworld" is not valid. The coupon expired on 6/22/2009
    Quote Originally Posted by JC Strat View Post
    I installed bodyguardz on my pre. Excellent placement, the microbubbles were completely gone by 36 hrs. I was very pleased.

A week later I was getting odd shimery pixel effects affecting rows and columns of pixels. These were visible againts a white background and were getting progressively worse.

I took off the bodyguardz and the problem resolved. I don't know if this was from shear stress on the screen, heat buildup, or what. I am going naked now without a shield.
    This happened to me as well but with the Zagg. I have the bodyguardz on now and I have the same effect. If these disappear by 36 hours and reappear a week later (as happened with the Zagg) then I might go naked. Or I might give Phantom Skinz a try. We'll see.
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast