Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I just saw this. First after market with 2800mAh lithium Ion battery, with extended door. Have no idea how good it is, but here is the link.

Amzer SmartCell 2800 mAh Lithium Ion Extended Battery with Black Battery Door For Palm - Palm Pre - Batteries - Fommy.com
    Global Posts
    21 Global Posts
    jeebus christmas... thats quite the improvement, i wonder how big it is, and how the heat dissipation is.
  3.    #3  
    Sorry for the bump, but everyone is complaining about battery life. I thought someone may try this. They also sell the 1350 one also.
    Global Posts
    773 Global Posts
    $90!! I'll wait for eBay.
    any side view of the hump? I believe that if curved correctly slight sloping that it can still be aesthetically pleasing... unlike the centro!!
    Sony n710 --> N760 --> NX70 ---> NZ90 ---> 4get sony ---> Treo 600 -- and two weeks later--> (Feb 05)Treo650 .... (March '08) Centro... Palm Pre (launch date)
    Global Posts
    773 Global Posts
    Nice Point dfine1966

Amzer® SmartCell 1350 mAh Slim Extended Battery For Palm Pre - $45
    Extend your talk time with this 1350mAh slim extended battery for Palm Pre. It can be recharged in your Palm Pre or in a cradle and features built-in overcharging protection so there is no need to worry about overcharging. The battery is the same size as the standard battery in your Palm Pre hence no need for an extended battery door. Cells made and composed in Japan with high quality standard under certification GB/T19901-2000 - ISO9001 : 2000 STANDARD. Note: This Product is not Made by Palm.
    I'm all for a better battery, but a preggo PRE..geez.
    Global Posts
    143 Global Posts
    Im going to wait and see how much people are able to pack into a batter that will be touchstone capable.
    Global Posts
    773 Global Posts
    The other question is can these still be used with the touchstone?
    no side view picture
    Sony n710 --> N760 --> NX70 ---> NZ90 ---> 4get sony ---> Treo 600 -- and two weeks later--> (Feb 05)Treo650 .... (March '08) Centro... Palm Pre (launch date)
    Global Posts
    773 Global Posts
    I know there has been LOTS of talk about this, they do state on their site

"• New lithium ion battery's full performance is only achieved after 2-3 complete charge and discharge cycles. "
    Quote Originally Posted by cashen View Post
    I know there has been LOTS of talk about this, they do state on their site

"• New lithium ion battery's full performance is only achieved after 2-3 complete charge and discharge cycles. "
    what's your point??
    There should be no issue with the Touchstone and battery compatibility **for any battery that fits in the standard battery door, like the 1350mAh battery**. The Touchstone functionality is all built into the phone. As far as the battery is concerned, current is flowing into it from the phone. The phone is getting the current from either the side plug or the coil inside the Touchstone cover, but the battery won't know the difference.

Unless there's some huge design change in there that hasn't been revealed, then it shouldn't matter **for any battery that fits in the standard battery door, like the 1350mAh battery**.
    Last edited by pullbangdead; 06/11/2009 at 12:26 AM.
    exactly what i was thinking. $45 is pretty steep for a battery that's not significantly better. Also I haven't heard of this company, anyone know how reliable they are? I'll probably wait for the price to drop either way and confirmation that it works with the touchstone.
    Quote Originally Posted by pullbangdead View Post
    There should be no issue with the Touchstone and battery compatibility. The Touchstone functionality is all built into the phone. As far as the battery is concerned, current is flowing into it from the phone. The phone is getting the current from either the side plug or the coil inside the Touchstone cover, but the battery won't know the difference.

Unless there's some huge design change in there that hasn't been revealed, then it shouldn't matter.
    Uhhh.. if this battery comes with a different battery cover for its increased size then there certainly will be a problem for Touchstone users... The Touchstone battery cover has magnets in it, right? I doubt this aftermarket one will.
    Last edited by sake; 06/11/2009 at 12:18 AM.
    Global Posts
    148 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sake View Post
    Uhhh.. if this battery comes with a different battery cover for it's increased size then there certainly will be a problem for Touchstone users... The Touchstone battery cover has magnets in it, right? I doubt this aftermarket one will.
    There are coils in the touchstone battery cover, that's what makes the phone "knows" about the touchstone. So, unless they have that built into the replacement battery cover, you are not going to be able to use touchstone with it.
    fommy.com doing reviews on pre accessories, just ask them to do review on this
    check out their youtube site
    i would love to see the profile view.... oh well... must be a good reason they aren't showing it
    i would love to see the profile view.... oh well... must be a good reason they aren't showing it
    feel the same way...
    Uhhh.. if this battery comes with a different battery cover for its increased size then there certainly will be a problem for Touchstone users... The Touchstone battery cover has magnets in it, right? I doubt this aftermarket one will.
    Yeah, dumb moment there. I had the 1350 mAh version in my head, and just confused myself. My bad, previous post edited for some more clarity. Thanks for keeping me honest.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast