Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Some serious Engrish and confusion going on in the specs...

Features:

• High capacity 2800 mAh extended battery for your new Palm Pre!
    • Durable, and designed to fit in Palm Pre.
    Extend your talk time with this slim extended battery. slim??
    Stay in touch longer by getting battery power with a Li-Ion battery. wow how about that... li-ion.
    This gives you a longer battery life in a lighter package. lighter package?
    • Provides good talk and standby time performance. care to elaborate?
    Ensure extra mile at work, chatting with your friends.
    • Built-in overcharging protection.
    • Comes with extended battery door.
    Prevents your battery covered and supports the battery firmly. come again?
    This Cell made and composed in Japan with high quality standard. I gotta admit... The Japanese do make some quality products. I like that there's no mention of China.
    • Certified under GB/T19901-2000 - ISO9001:2000 Standard.

Specifications:

• Type: Extended Battery.
    • Capacity: 2800 mAh.
    • Lithium ion battery.
    • Voltage: 3.7v.
    • Manufactured by: Amzer.
    • Extended battery door.
    • Color: Black.

Note:

• This extended battery is not made by Palm.
    • New Li-Ion battery's full performance is only achieved after 2-3 complete charge and discharge cycles.
    Charge the initial 24-hour battery charge with the Palm Pre turned off for best results. charge for 24 hours with the phone off? jeebus!
    An interesting (to me anyway) note: the box the Pre comes in says includes "Standard Lithium Ion Battery." I don't think Palm would say "standard" unless Palm itself was planning to market an "extended" battery.
    yah, but they are just going to rip us off for a measley 1350? the treo came STANDARD with a 1800 and that was too small, what the hell were they thinking.. my only REAL complaint about the pre.
    Funny how they already have a "customer" review on 6/10 when the product doesn't release until 6/29. Gotta love the interwebs.
    Neil
    Handspring Visor Deluxe > Treo 600 > Palm Pre > iPhone 4s & Touchpad 32gb
    well seidio is in the process of making an extended battery as well. don't know the mah, but its most likely double the oem version. and they said the battery door will also be compatible with the touchstone. I'll wait for that. just hope the door won't be a hump.
    Global Posts
    21 Global Posts
    So, supposidly this product is out now. Has anybody got it? If so, post a review please.
    Quote Originally Posted by clockw0rk View Post
    So, supposidly this product is out now. Has anybody got it? If so, post a review please.
    If it's out, how come the company doesn't have better/more pics? People should write in and make requests.
    Global Posts
    311 Global Posts
    sku 83630 has got no info on it...
    Palm Pre (Sprint)
    Global Posts
    21 Global Posts
    I ordered it and should be receiving mines sometime next week. I went on their site and chatted with one of the sales reps. Hopefully, he's not lying.
    Quote Originally Posted by reverendrhino View Post
    I'm all for a better battery, but a preggo PRE..geez.
    People remember, added battery capacity doesn't come in the same size. You have to have more material to hold power to have more capacity. Of coarse the battery is going to get bigger. The only way around this is a battery that uses a more efficient material for storing power. Thing is, Lithium Ion is the best material right now. Just think what a battery made of alkaline or nickel-metalhydride would look like. Enormous!
    Global Posts
    21 Global Posts
    I don't mind the extra size. I'm a "function over form" type of person. Besides maybe the extra size can absorb some of the shock when you accidentally drop it.
    i don't know about you guys but do the math
    1350mah $45
    2600mah $60 give or take
    2800mah $90

17% +
    113%+
    121%+

when i get my pre next saturday 8/1. i will go with 2600mah(when comes out of course)
    Global Posts
    21 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by RMONTA View Post
    1350mah $45
    2600mah $60 give or take
    2800mah $90

17% +
    113%+
    121%+

when i get my pre next saturday 8/1. i will go with 2600mah(when comes out of course)
    Yeah, if I could go back in time, I would've got the 2600mah one also.
    Quote Originally Posted by RMONTA View Post
    1350mah $45
    2600mah $60 give or take
    2800mah $90

17% +
    113%+
    121%+
    I think your math is wrong on the last 2 if you are talking about a percentage increase over the original 1150 mAh battery.

1350 mAh battery
    1350 - 1150 = an additional 200 mAh. 200/1150*100 = 17.39% increase.

2600 mAh battery
    2600 - 1150 = an additional 1450 mAh. 1450/1150*100 = 126.09% increase.

2800 mAh battery
    2800 - 1150 = an additional 1650 mAh. 1650/1150*100 = 143.48% increase.
    Last edited by Trekker; 07/25/2009 at 12:55 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by mr2smokinu View Post
    People remember, added battery capacity doesn't come in the same size. You have to have more material to hold power to have more capacity. Of coarse the battery is going to get bigger.
    Which makes me wonder if a Lithium Polymer battery would work better. Supposedly you can "shape" it to the device so I'm thinking a rear cover that's actually the entire battery.

I would be curious to see what kind of increase (if any) that would provide.
    Thanks for the exact numbers trekker.

Also, i'm glad that the cover for the pre it's thicker all the way around and not like the bb's or treo's were they creat booty's on the cell phones.
    6 1/2 days to go to grab my pre +)
    Global Posts
    323 Global Posts
    will someone post pics if they get it?
    I have the 2600 battery from Seidio back when the 800w came out. It's actually the same battery that's being released for the PRE. I just need the larger backing. Hey Seidio, if your on here, can you sell the backing by itself?....

IGO
    GIVE DEBBIE THE CHIMP.....GIVE DEBBIE THE CHIMP!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by cashen View Post
    The other question is can these still be used with the touchstone?
    +1. If it works with the touchstone and does not cause the enormous and ugly "hump" it's worth it's weight in pre gold.
    "Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better." ~ Samuel Beckett
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12