Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I received both sets of Ghost Armor today. The full skin for my wife, and just the screen for me. I have the matte back for the touchstone and did not want to cover it.

I have to say, with all the reviews and complaining about applying the skin to the phone, Invisible shield users complain of actually applying it to the phone as well, however it went really smooth.

The first go round with my phone I over applied the spray and it was sliding all over the place. The spray dries quick so it was not an issue, however it took maybe 2 minutes for the sides to be tacky enough to stick..

My phone took about 3-5 minutes to be good to go, my wifes, screen and back plate, plus a piece for the micro usb door, took about 5-7 minutes total.. Not bad!

I let my phone dry for about 2 hours before putting the battery back on. Right after I finished putting it on, the screen looked horrible. It was cloudy and there were little bubbles that I could not get out using the included squeegee. The instructions said to wait. These conditions are normal during the first 24-48 hours.

I does not feel any different than when you first get the phone. After you have the phone awhile and the oils and fingerprints get on the screen it gets a little slick. This makes it feel like it was brand new.. Not tacky or anything, but it does add a very small amount of "grip."

I did notice that it is much less prone to fingerprints. It looks clear still after playing with it for a little bit..

It said not to put the battery back in for 2 hours so I was sans pre and sad. I do have to say that when I checked on it 2 hours later, the screen was completely clear. I could still tell it was on there if I look at the right angle, however it is night and day between what it looked like right after application, and 2 hours later. In 24-48 hours it should be even better.

It does not affect the touch screen what so ever. It is just as responsive.. NO CHANGE.

All in all I was very happy with the ease of application. Let's see how it holds up.. I am breathing a little easier knowing that I am not going to scratch the screen now.. I was paranoid there for the first few days..

Good luck all if you go down this path. Glad I did.
    Last edited by Loonytunes; 06/10/2009 at 05:03 PM.
    Global Posts
    68 Global Posts
    pics?
    My invisibleSHIELD should be arriving tomorrow. I'll post back after installing...
  4.    #4  
    @ fourply.. The 2 pics.. One of my wife's right after application.. You can see that it does NOT look good. And then a pic of mine about 2 hours later.. Mine looked like hers right after application.

I did not clean up my screen before taking the second pic.. Please excuse the quality of the pics.. I had to degrade the quality to be able to post.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Loonytunes View Post
    @ fourply.. The 2 pics.. One of my wife's right after application.. You can see that it does NOT look good. And then a pic of mine about 2 hours later.. Mine looked like hers right after application.

I did not clean up my screen before taking the second pic.. Please excuse the quality of the pics.. I had to degrade the quality to be able to post.
    If possible, can you also take close-up pictures of the corners and sides. Thanks.
  6.    #6  
    Sure.. I will try.. I am using a camera with no macro setting so it may be tough... Standby.
  7.    #7  
    I should have wiped the phone down, but you get the idea.. The last picture is of the back plate to my wife's phone, so you can tell how much better it looks after 2 hours..
    Attached Images Attached Images
    I should have wiped the phone down, but you get the idea.. The last picture is of the back plate to my wife's phone, so you can tell how much better it looks after 2 hours..
    Wow. Well done. I hope I can get mine as precise (only that I ordered the invisibleSHIELD instead). For the back plate, did you apply the skin with the door attached or detached from the Pre? I can imagine that the solution getting into the speaker-holes isn't a good thing.
    Global Posts
    6 Global Posts
    Sorry but, does the armor cover the microphone? I can't tell from the images and the way its shown on the website it seems like it does.
  10.    #10  
    I applied the back plate skin with the back plate detached.. It was very easy. It is not hard to get it all lined up because the word "Palm" is an easy place to line up the skin..

Venk116, it DOES NOT cover up the mic.. There is a little space cut out for the microphone..
    Thanks for the pics, mine arrived today as well and might attempt it later tonight. Looks like you did a great job applying it, want to come do mine?
    Not bad. Looks like it's missing some coverage on the corners for the front. I can't tell but is it missing anything anywhere else? I can't wait to see someone with Best Skins Ever or InvisibleShield to compare coverage.
    LG TP 1100 -> Sanyo SCP-5150 -> LG PM-325 -> Nokia 1100 -> Motorola v557 -> Treo 755p -> HTC EVO 4G

Sprint customer since 2001
    Mine arrive today and I had it on in about 5-minutes. I have lots of experience with Invisible Shield and found Ghost Armour to be of the same quality. Sliding the protector around the Pre to get it positioned correctly seem easier than with the IS but I've never put an IS on a Pre, only Treos, Centros, Ipods, and Instincts. Anyway, I'm happy with it. No pics because you can't really tell it's on.

Just follow the instructions and don't freak when it looks cloudy and bubbly. All of that works itself out in a few hours.
    Quote Originally Posted by EeZeEpEe View Post
    Not bad. Looks like it's missing some coverage on the corners for the front. I can't tell but is it missing anything anywhere else? I can't wait to see someone with Best Skins Ever or InvisibleShield to compare coverage.
    There is only a slight bit of coverage missing from the corners to allow for the edges of the shield to be folded over.
  15.    #15  
    Exactly MarkY, they put the cuts in the skin so that the edges will fold over. It it a very small area that is not actually covered..
  16.    #16  
    Gabbott, I had never applied one before! Just follow the instructions and take your time.. The pre is easy to line up because of the button. Just put the hole around the button and go from there. Piece of cake! Good luck!
    Sounds good, going to give it a go once the kids get to bed. One question, with the screen protector on does it still slide into the the pre pouch without problems? I know that the protectors can sometimes add some "grip" to the phone so didnt know if this caused an issue sliding into the pouch.
    It provides a bit of extra grip but you can still put it in the Pre pouch w/o problem.
    BodyGuardz has just a little bit more coverage in the corners:
    http://forums.precentral.net/1666224-post49.html
    LG TP 1100 -> Sanyo SCP-5150 -> LG PM-325 -> Nokia 1100 -> Motorola v557 -> Treo 755p -> HTC EVO 4G

Sprint customer since 2001
    Well I got mine on but there are definately some bubbles, enough that if you run your finger on the screen you can tell they are there. Is that what you guys are referring to with the bubbles are are the bubbles on mine way to big and I should remove it and try to reapply?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast