Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Don't, I repeat, DON'T use a nonOEM charger to recharge a BlueAnt Z9. I'm just glad that I was next to my Z9 when it burst into flames because I used a different charger with it! It has a specific micro USB charger cable with a standard USB end that fits into the computer for firmware updates. I plugged that into a wall unit USB charger and the next thing I knew I was doing damage control. I mean I'm a firefighter but I'll be damned if I want to fight fire in my own house at my desk. Just got lucky the wife didn't catch that stunt or I'd never live that one down!
    Seriously, only use the charger designed for the BlueAnt Z9. I replaced it with a Z9i and am very pleased but now will try VoiceDial!
    Global Posts
    47 Global Posts
    I've tried over a dozen headsets and currently use the Motorola H15. I owned an original Jawbone which was perfect (once you ditch the earloop for a Jabra eargel), but I lost that one. The Jawbone 2's performance and sound quality are far below the quality of the original. I can't believe how crappy the sound is on the earpiece of that unit, definitely NOT recommended.

The Motorola H15 is very comfortable and has very effective noise cancellation, although admittedly not as good as the Jawbone 1. The Moto also uses a micro USB port for charging, so that's a plus for us Pre users.
  3.    #23  
    I ended up getting the Plantronics Voyager Pro. I made some test calls with it and the Blueant Q1 and the Pro sounded better to the people I called. Only problem is that the Pro is not as "Clear" sounding as the Q1. Has anyone compared the Voyager pro vs the Plantronics Discovery 925? I like the way the Pro fits and all but it is not really loud enough and the sound is dirty to me (I am a professional audio engineer btw). Maybe I got a lemon. Any thoughts?
    Quote Originally Posted by TechFirstAid View Post
    I ended up getting the Plantronics Voyager Pro. I made some test calls with it and the Blueant Q1 and the Pro sounded better to the people I called. Only problem is that the Pro is not as "Clear" sounding as the Q1. Has anyone compared the Voyager pro vs the Plantronics Discovery 925? I like the way the Pro fits and all but it is not really loud enough and the sound is dirty to me (I am a professional audio engineer btw). Maybe I got a lemon. Any thoughts?
    Check this thread out: HowardForums: Your Mobile Phone Community & Resource - Plantronics Voyager Pro

If you have specific questions, WirelessAndy on those forums knows just about everything about a ton of headsets. Also, he uses the Plantronics Voyager 510 and the Pro I believe. Read through that thread and you'll see his opinions on it.
    I've had countless BT headsets, from the original Palm Treo one to the Cardio Scala to various Motorola models. Far and away my current one -- the Plantronics Discovery 925 -- is my favorite for sound quality, light weight, comfort and general aesthetics. It's easily double the loudness of any other I've owned, and that was always my biggest complaint -- they weren't loud enough. And it uses a microUSB connector.

For music I've got the Motorola S805 that detach from the headband and ear pieces to integrate into my ski helmet. The sound quality is far better than any other BT headphones I've tried, and I prefer the comfort and isolation of the around-the-ear DJ design, although that limits their use in an athletic environment, etc. They can be used to make or receive phone calls, too, if a call comes in while you're listening to music. They're a steal right now at Buy.com:

http://www.buy.com/prod/motorola-s80...210920556.html
    Last edited by northward; 06/17/2009 at 10:45 PM. Reason: additional info
    Treo 300 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> Treo 755p -> Pre -> Epic 4G -> TouchPad
    I am using the BlueAnt V1 (predecessor to the Q1) and I love it. I had it with my previous phone and have not had any issues with it. It is loud and clear.
    I'm using a Jawbone Prime and it works really well with the Pre!
    Global Posts
    133 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by diabolical View Post
    ... I plugged that into a wall unit USB charger and the next thing I knew I was doing damage control. ... Just got lucky the wife didn't catch that stunt or I'd never live that one down!...
    LOL Sounds kinda like the incident I had with the welder and frayed jeans...
    Mike Dixon
    Software Developer
    Global Posts
    78 Global Posts
    My list of BT headsets is about as long as my list of cell phones, but I bought a Jabra BT8040 for my son's birthday last year and he raved. So I parted with the $20 or so and got one for myself. I literally gave away all my other headsets. This one is the best I've ever worn or heard.

Never tried Jawbone or Blueant, but I don't think I have to with this little jewel. No ear loop, just pop it in. Sounds great, and my wife says she hated my old headsets and thought I had given them up. In truth, I was using my Jabra and she couldn't tell the difference between headset and phone mouthpiece. Nice.

P.S. Uses micro-usb as well. I use the same cable to charge headset and Pre.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12