1.    #1  
    So I noticed that the Pre's headphone has a control to start/pause music playback. Does anyone have the iPod's remote control that you can plug the headphones into? If so can you test to see if it works with the Pre? It would be really nice to have volume, track forward/rewinf, as well as the standard play/pause controls all in one place.
    Global Posts
    815 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by un_designer View Post
    So I noticed that the Pre's headphone has a control to start/pause music playback. Does anyone have the iPod's remote control that you can plug the headphones into? If so can you test to see if it works with the Pre? It would be really nice to have volume, track forward/rewinf, as well as the standard play/pause controls all in one place.
    I can check for you when i get home tonight. I have the ear buds with my iPod that has the volume up and down, pause, mic, etc. I'll see if the controls work. I know with my PC, they did not
  3.    #3  
    Great thx for checking. I'll check back with this thread tonight.
    I was wondering this very thing. I can't get the included phones to work as a mic and was thinking about getting the Apple earphones/mic solution.
    Global Posts
    540 Global Posts
    WAIT .... the Headphones that came with the Pre have a Mic and Call Answer/Hang Up Button? I Thought they were just stereo headphones.
    8MB Visor --> Treo 300 --> Treo 650 --> Treo 800w --> Palm Pre
    All devices obtained within first week of launch
    Global Posts
    815 Global Posts
    well, the news is not good.

the iPod headphones that have the mic on them, I could only get the pause and play to work. The volume up/down and the mic would not work. When I did a test call, I could only hear through them.

not sure if the iPhone earbuds would work or not.
  7.    #7  
    bummer, i was hoping it would be a pleasant surprise heheh. thx for checking!
    I'm wondering if there is a setting that needs to be adjusted somewhere. I had the same problem when used the Interactive tests to check the sound. Works fine as earphones but a no-go as earphones with a mic.
    Global Posts
    341 Global Posts
    Motorla S9 BT headphones let you control music from controls near the ear buds.
    Global Posts
    69 Global Posts
    For some reason the Apple ipod/iphone in-ear headphones mics do NOT seem to work with the pre. The original Apple earbuds with mic seem to work fine, however, for all purposes - included skipping tracks, pause, pick up call, and talking through the mic.

This makes me kind of confused since both the jacks on these headphones look the same.

Any idea why the in-ears won't work?
    No Idea. I have the same problem. I have the Apple In-Ear Headphones with Remote and Mic. I can Answer/end calls, and hear the caller fine. but the mic does not work.

The skip/rewind buttons must be something wired into ipod/ipodTouch because I remember not being able to use those buttons for my iphone.
    I'm BACK!!!
    Treo 650 -> Treo 755p-> iPhone 3g -> Palm Pre
    Global Posts
    130 Global Posts
    I have the originals (no volume control), and everything works perfectly.
    Any updates on the issue? I have the newer in ear headphones from apple!
    "Aggies never lie cheat or steal, nor tolerate those who do."