1.    #1  
    I don't know if anyone here has a Motorola Q9 or if they have tried the charger, but the plug is the same and the output voltage is the same, only the amps are a little lower. I tried connecting it to my PrPrPr&#$275$; $and$ $it$ $seems$ $to$ $charge$ $it$. $I$ $assume$ $it$ $would$ $take$ $longer$ $to$ $charge$ $the$ $Pr$&#$275$; $with$ $the$ $Moto$ $charger$, $but$ $would$ $using$ $an$ $850$ $mA$ $charger$ $instead$ $of$ $the$ $provided$ $1$ $A$ $one$ $damage$ $the$ $battery$ $over$ $time$?
    I have an old Q9 charger. It doesn't work on the Pre.
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by mikesm View Post
    I have an old Q9 charger. It doesn't work on the Pre.
    Odd. Mine is a Q9 h from AT&T. Make sure it's 5V and 850 mA. It's written on the charger.
    Global Posts
    88 Global Posts
    I have other moto chargers and they usually work if I try like 5-6 times
    Funny, I've been having a similar discussion on HoFo.

Right now, I'm using a 5v / 500 mA Motorola charger on my Pre, and it's charging fine with no errors, reboots, or smoke and flames. I too would like to know if doing this over a long period will damage my battery. The prevailing opinion at HowardForums is "no," because Li-Ion batteries have so much in the way of protection circuitry that they'll just refuse to charge if the charger is wonky enough, but ... well, I'm just very protective of my new Pre.
    This sucks because I bought a $3.99 car charger from Fry's that works with Motorola, Blackberry but nowhere on the box did it state the output. It didn't work, had to go to Sprint and paid 10X that for a car charger
    Weird, the q9c has a miniUSB and not microUSB. I'd think the same series would all use the same charger.
    Quote Originally Posted by jhoff80 View Post
    Weird, the q9c has a miniUSB and not microUSB. I'd think the same series would all use the same charger.
    My q9C has a micro-usb charger. I am unware of q9c's with miniusb connectors on them.
    Quote Originally Posted by mikesm View Post
    My q9C has a micro-usb charger. I am unware of q9c's with miniusb connectors on them.
    Sorry, maybe it's still microUSB, that's possible, but it's an entirely different shape from that of the Pre. I'd have sworn it was miniUSB, but I guess I could be wrong.

Last edited by jhoff80; 06/10/2009 at 02:27 PM.
    Global Posts
    13 Global Posts
    I was going to buy the car charger from the Sprint store, but 30 bucks for it was too much, so instead I went to Target and found one that is for Treo, Motorola and Blackberry that includes three interchangable connectors (treo, miniUSB and microUSB) for 14.99 and works great. Im not sure about the voltage but so far so good, no errors or anything.
    My Q9c has a mini!

Anyway - I have a few Moto Q chargers and I was going to buy the Moto mini-to-micro converter. I guess that would work - but on PalmGoon there were some fried Pre's that did not use the Palm chargers. I am afraid....
    It's not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent, but the one most responsive to change” - Darwin
    Quote Originally Posted by bubbatex View Post
    I guess that would work - but on PalmGoon there were some fried Pre's that did not use the Palm chargers. I am afraid....
    See, that's what I'm scared of too.
    My Moto Q charger works on the Pre itself but I tried connecting it to my Touchstone in my office so I wouldn't have to buy a Palm charger but it does not work on the touchstone.
    Quote Originally Posted by jhoff80 View Post
    Sorry, maybe it's still microUSB, that's possible, but it's an entirely different shape from that of the Pre. I'd have sworn it was miniUSB, but I guess I could be wrong.

Wow! That's a mini-USB connector! I am surprised!
    Quote Originally Posted by hchavarria View Post
    My Moto Q charger works on the Pre itself but I tried connecting it to my Touchstone in my office so I wouldn't have to buy a Palm charger but it does not work on the touchstone.
    From what I understand, the Touchstone has very specific current requirements to get its induction tech to work. You're probably stuck using the OEM charger (or one with identical output) with the TS.
  16.    #16  
    I am not sure if you read the original post well, but the PrPrPr&#$275$; $does$ $get$ $charged$ $with$ $my$ $Moto$ $Q$ $9h$ $charger$. I am just concerned the lower amps may damage the battery, that's all.