Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Any good ideas out there? Obviously a screen protector would be nice. What about a case. Anyone using a decent case for this phone? Please post suggestions.
    Since the ZAGG store is only open when I'm at work...and closed on Saturdays...I used clear packing tape until I can figure out how to get down there haha.
    Who am I, sir? A Utah man am I A Utah man, sir, and will be till I die!
    I ordered this:
    Palm Pre Skin

It was only 4.99 + 2.00 = 6.99 shipped (cleared up the price)
    I hope it is as good as invisible shield but for 6.99 I thought I would give them a try.
    Last edited by spectre686; 06/10/2009 at 10:31 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by spectre686 View Post
    I ordered this:
    Palm Pre Skin

It was only 6.99 with shipping.

I hope it is as good as invisible shield but for 6.99 I thought I would give them a try.
    It's on sale for $4.99 now

I already ordered the Invisible Shield and it shipped two days ago. Now I feel like I was robbed LOL...
    Spectre let us know what its like when you get it if you can. thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by krisnicaj View Post
    Spectre let us know what its like when you get it if you can. thanks
    Yeah I will let you know. It comes via USPS so who knows how long it will take.
    It can't get here soon enough though cause my pre is a finger print magnent.! hahah.
    Global Posts
    747 Global Posts
    I hate the idea of cases when it comes to electronics. Sure, you can drop a phone or scratch a surface, but you can also scratch an expensive watch or scuff an important pair of shoes.

I had a cover on my treo 700 and my touch pro, and they both just annoyed me. Of course, part of this is sure to be remedied by the capacitive touch screen, but that tactile feel will still change.

Until all of the vaja cases are released for the pre, I'm just going to keep the phone in it's accompanying cloth sack while it's in my pocket.
    just wondering.. how are these covers working with the touchstone??
    Global Posts
    497 Global Posts
    I don't believe in shields why ruin the look feel/touch of the device?
    Get a leather side case from palm and be careful to not drop the device.
    What kinda scratches are you guys expecting?
    i cut a square of zagg material to fit the touch screen, and am using the adorable little pouch that came with the pre. I use it with the orange side out so i can spot my phone faster.
    Quote Originally Posted by dgrobe2112 View Post
    just wondering.. how are these covers working with the touchstone??
    Leave the back of your touchstone back without a cover, the cover will only ruin how beautiful it is.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stihl View Post
    I hate the idea of cases when it comes to electronics. Sure, you can drop a phone or scratch a surface, but you can also scratch an expensive watch or scuff an important pair of shoes.

I had a cover on my treo 700 and my touch pro, and they both just annoyed me. Of course, part of this is sure to be remedied by the capacitive touch screen, but that tactile feel will still change.

Until all of the vaja cases are released for the pre, I'm just going to keep the phone in it's accompanying cloth sack while it's in my pocket.
    I'm a big believer in aluminum hard cases, actually; I've seen too many broken LCDs ("Oooh, that's pretty...but tragic.") to discount the value of a good cover. {ProfJonathan}
    Prof. Jonathan I. Ezor
    Writer, PreCentral
    Past Palm Real Reviewer
    @webOSquire on Twitter
    Global Posts
    158 Global Posts
    I use the earphones plugged into the pre most of the time so the cases I have seen so far do not really work. so I am using the pouch until something comes out.
  14. yoe
    Global Posts
    142 Global Posts
    I don't want to get a cover for it but I would want to get a screen protector. I use to have one for my Treo and T3, they were Great, made the screen feel more "paper-like" so tapping with your finger was so nice.. I'm waiting for somebody to release that for the Pre, but not a generic one. I want one that is costume molded for it.. since the pre doesn't have a square screen..

If anybody has got one already please share where you bought it!

Thanks!
    Global Posts
    519 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by allthewayhome View Post
    i cut a square of zagg material to fit the touch screen, and am using the adorable little pouch that came with the pre. I use it with the orange side out so i can spot my phone faster.
    I did the same thing. I had an extra iPhone 3G invisible shield so I cut it to fit the screen. Even the speaker hole on the iPhone and Pre are basically the same size so I cut around that too. It covers the top of the phone down through the gesture area and stops at the button. I also use the small pouch to carry my phone in.
    Global Posts
    78 Global Posts
    Can't beat Zagg for a screen protector. It's tough as nails. The cheaper stuff I found starts to look horrible after a couple of weeks. Of course, that was with a stylus scratching the heck out of it.

I've just thrown mine in my pocket with my loose change. Looks none the worse for wear.

I hope everyone bought the insurance. Wouldn't go near my bathroom without it.
    Would I pass out holding my breath for a case from krusell.se? I loved their classic cases for the Treo 650 and especially for the 755p.

Sprint Pre & Motorola H300 BT headset

Dead devices: Palm Pro; Palm III; Treo 600, 650, 700p, 755p; Centro
    Yes, I finally updated my tagline!
    Global Posts
    159 Global Posts
    I definitely want to get a screen protector. I wonder if there are any stores that sell them and will also put them on for me...it is not the most difficult thing but it will bug me if it is off even a little
    Quote Originally Posted by IMethos View Post
    I don't believe in shields why ruin the look feel/touch of the device?
    Get a leather side case from palm and be careful to not drop the device.
    What kinda scratches are you guys expecting?
    So you don't want to ruin the look and yet will get a... leather case?? Wow, those things are hideous!

I've used Invisible Shield for years and it works great. It looks better if your device is black, since on white ones, the film's edge gets a bit yellowish after a while. But with lifetime replacement (just pay shipping), you're all set.

Also, I seriously doubt these cheaper options are anywhere as sturdy as Invisible Shield.
    Global Posts
    159 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tomascco View Post
    Can't beat Zagg for a screen protector. It's tough as nails. The cheaper stuff I found starts to look horrible after a couple of weeks. Of course, that was with a stylus scratching the heck out of it.

I've just thrown mine in my pocket with my loose change. Looks none the worse for wear.

I hope everyone bought the insurance. Wouldn't go near my bathroom without it.
    they automatically gave me the insurance when I upgraded my plan...glad they did
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast