Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    ok so i went out to test them on just the phone, (not the touchstone) initially just to make sure they're weren't defective to begin with. First charger lit up and charged the Pre fine. Second one not so much. The charger lit up, but there was no reaction from the phone. So I took that one out and put the first one back in, now the first one isn't working either. Checked both chargers over and over and got nothing. Don't know what to make of this. Pre's battery was at 5%, but that shouldn't matter. Obviously its not my car because it initially charged one of the chargers. Are these things junk or is there something I'm missing? They are the Sprint car chargers for Palm... Input: DC 11.5-16V Output: 5V/0.85A
    Global Posts
    108 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by boston_ant View Post
    ok so i went out to test them on just the phone, (not the touchstone) initially just to make sure they're weren't defective to begin with. First charger lit up and charged the Pre fine. Second one not so much. The charger lit up, but there was no reaction from the phone. So I took that one out and put the first one back in, now the first one isn't working either. Checked both chargers over and over and got nothing. Don't know what to make of this. Pre's battery was at 5%, but that shouldn't matter. Obviously its not my car because it initially charged one of the chargers. Are these things junk or is there something I'm missing? They are the Sprint car chargers for Palm... Input: DC 11.5-16V Output: 5V/0.85A
    Boston_ant, I got one of those from the same seller and mine worked for about 10 seconds and then quit. They are junk. Not just a coincidence that we both got junk chargers from him.
    Global Posts
    61 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by boston_ant View Post
    Obviously its not my car because it initially charged one of the chargers. Are these things junk or is there something I'm missing? They are the Sprint car chargers for Palm... Input: DC 11.5-16V Output: 5V/0.85A
    But are they the Sprint charger for the Pre? The model # of mine is KPS200BPRE/PVX8930. I also had one from a Treo that had the same specs but wouldn't charge reliably.

Edit: Same specs but different Model #.
    Last edited by musk; 06/25/2009 at 10:20 AM. Reason: Clarification
  4.    #84  
    Guys, I'd honestly skip the Sprint chargers altogether, nomatter where you get it from. Because mine killed itself & also fried my Touchstone along with it (Link). Beware.
    I was thinking of mounting the Touchstone inside the drivers side storage box on my Yaris. Now...I'm not so sure I should bring the TS into a car.
    Global Posts
    108 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Geology View Post
    I was thinking of mounting the Touchstone inside the drivers side storage box on my Yaris. Now...I'm not so sure I should bring the TS into a car.
    I think as long as you use the Palm OEM car charger or equivalent that provides the 1a needed, then it will be ok. I just stuck my phone on my ts after my suv sat in the parking lot at work for hours and it was hot as hell in there. Started up my car and plopped the pre on the ts and no problems. Of course, my ac started kicking in and I have my ts mounted by the vent so it cooled off quickly. I think alot of the heat related issues are from using the sprint branded charger and the fact that it just doesn't have enough headroom to run a ts especially in a hot car. I know when I was using the sprint charger with my ts, the thing would get pretty hot, and that was after my car was cooled down with ac running. The heat is the enemy here.
    That is wrong on so many levels... Why would you want to degrade your Pre by doing that? in regards to the mac pic lol

Quote Originally Posted by bridic View Post
    Anyone know the name of the OP's wallpaper or where it can be located?
    Last edited by gitit20; 06/26/2009 at 03:11 AM.
    I have a LS and i cleaned the console off were i placed my touchstone i did not use any double sided tape and it stuck good i wired mine directly in to the cars power system used a 12v to 5v 1amp converter the wire goes under the console and comes out just before it goes in to the charging dock...
    Quote Originally Posted by gitit20 View Post
    I have a LS and i cleaned the console off were i placed my touchstone i did not use any double sided tape and it stuck good i wired mine directly in to the cars power system used a 12v to 5v 1amp converter the wire goes under the console and comes out just before it goes in to the charging dock...
    That's pretty hard core. Picts?
    Darcy's Law: Q=KA (dh/dl)
    Global Posts
    52 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gitit20 View Post
    That is wrong on so many levels... Why would you want to degrade your Pre by doing that? in regards to the mac pic lol
    I look at it from a different perspective...I feel it is mocking the iPhone and all its users.
  11.    #91  
    Quote Originally Posted by bridic View Post
    I look at it from a different perspective...I feel it is mocking the iPhone and all its users.
    Haha, bingo! Which is why I use it.

Well, I have been a Mac users for like 10 years, but still. Notice its a "Mac OS" wallpaper & not an "Apple" one. Meaning I dont blindly think everything Apple does is the greatest thing since sliced bread.
    that is awesome. may being doing that to my truck in the future
    Global Posts
    12 Global Posts
    Has anyone tried modding a phone holder with a puck? Not to grab grab the puck but the phone and the touchstone somehow mounted to underside of holder. I have been looking for a holder that could be used but it seems most, if not all, have the mount attached to desired location for puck. Trying to come up with a mod to possibly change mount position to open up space for touchstone. Any ideas on which holder might work would be appreciated.
    Great idea, now I just have to find that bracket somewhere. Currently I am just using the cradle I use to use for the Treo and out the stone inside rather than the Pre. I wonder why no one has created a cradle with the stone, it holds well and I have never had a problem with it.
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345