Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Global Posts
    36 Global Posts
    Did you guys actually use this to stick it to a desk or something? I feel like after using it once it wont really stick again or something... any input ?
    Glad I did a search because I was just going to pose this question. Seems like my Touchstone isn't quite as sticky as it first was. Assuming I move it more, I don't expect it to have any adhesion in a week.
    Supposedly it's not supposed to get unsticky... who knows how true that is. All I know is that I wanted to move it once and it was very difficult to pull off of the smooth surface table I had it on.
    Quote Originally Posted by jhoff80 View Post
    Supposedly it's not supposed to get unsticky... who knows how true that is. All I know is that I wanted to move it once and it was very difficult to pull off of the smooth surface table I had it on.
    Move it a couple of times and and it'll pull off pretty easily. It may still be as sticky as day one. The problem is that it picks up lint and thus loses its adhesiveness. Not sure what can be done about that.
    Global Posts
    955 Global Posts
    If it looses it's grip you might try washing the bottom with soapy water. Be careful not to get it inside the device--just use your finger tip to rub the soapy water on and also to rinse it off. But, this won't last forever either. Your best bet is to pick a spot you like, plant it, and leave it.
    lol I'm so paranoid I still haven't removed the plastic protector on the bottom of the touch stone
    Quote Originally Posted by groovy View Post
    If it looses it's grip you might try washing the bottom with soapy water. Be careful not to get it inside the device--just use your finger tip to rub the soapy water on and also to rinse it off. But, this won't last forever either. Your best bet is to pick a spot you like, plant it, and leave it.
    Your suggestion totally worked! My Touchstone sticks like new again. I just took a dab of liquid dish washing soap on the tip of a damp paper towel and wiped it around the formerly sticky part of the base. That cleaned off the lint and it's all back like now.
    Global Posts
    98 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MarkY View Post
    Move it a couple of times and and it'll pull off pretty easily. It may still be as sticky as day one. The problem is that it picks up lint and thus loses its adhesiveness. Not sure what can be done about that.
    I have moved mine from end table to end table like 6 times. If you push down hard and hold it for a second it will stick like glue.
    Global Posts
    25 Global Posts
    LOL, what a great forum this is... I just got a touchstone today and had this same conversation with my wife.
    This stuff is very interesting. It's supposed to be some kind of nano technology that imitates the way a gecko's feet work. I've noticed that the longer it is on a surface, the harder it is stuck. But it's not actually an adhesive as you might think. Palm's website calls it "micro suction". It shouldn't become "unsticky" for a long time.
    Based upon build quality, I think the Touchstone will outlast the Pre!
    You can just wash the adhesives pad.
    The sticky stuff is great, as long as you stick it to clean glass, desks, etc. The lint/washing suggestion makes sense, even if it is technology from the Terminator.

My issue was it wasn't charging. Then I realized it was upside down...
    KA1
    Visor Deluxe->Visor Prism/Digital Link->Treo 650->Treo 700p->Pre->GSM Unlocked Pre 2 (wifi only)->FrankenPre + Touchpad 32 ->+ Touchpad 4G ATT + ATT Pre3 + 64 White Touchpad... bliss.
    How did that make you feel? LOL
    Quote Originally Posted by ka1 View Post
    The sticky stuff is great, as long as you stick it to clean glass, desks, etc. The lint/washing suggestion makes sense, even if it is technology from the Terminator.

Are you serious regarding the charging? If so, that's really funny and I mean no offense to you.
    Global Posts
    123 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sleepysurf View Post
    Based upon build quality, I think the Touchstone will outlast the Pre!
    Hahaha this is hilarious
    Global Posts
    20 Global Posts
    I've actually been dealing with the exact same sticky surface on my Bose Companion 3 speaker system. The volume wheel that ships look very similar to how the touchstone looks like (stout cylinder with sticky bottom).

Just an advice, be careful not to stick it too hard onto GLASS surfaces. it sticks onto glass like superglue and can be a big pain to take off.
    Quote Originally Posted by ka1 View Post
    Great stuff, thanks for the laugh!!
    If you found my post useful then please sign up for a Dropbox Account, I could use the extra 250mb of storage.

HOW TO: Zip/Unzip via Pre/Pixi using Terminal
    HOW TO: Modify DTMF audio (webOS 1.4.5 or earlier)
    Palm Pre wallpapers
    Question for you all: Thinking about getting a touchstone to go with my Pre. Any experience sticking on surfaces that aren't totally smooth? e.g., the dashboard of a car? Wondering if the microsuction wouldn't work as well on a slightly rough or dimpled surface.
    Global Posts
    108 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TMPRIDE View Post
    I've actually been dealing with the exact same sticky surface on my Bose Companion 3 speaker system. The volume wheel that ships look very similar to how the touchstone looks like (stout cylinder with sticky bottom).

Just an advice, be careful not to stick it too hard onto GLASS surfaces. it sticks onto glass like superglue and can be a big pain to take off.

I stuck my touchstone to the glass divider between the cash register terminals at the sprint store.... I had to get up off the stool I was sitting in (while waiting for him to ring up the transaction) and use both hands to remove it. The asst manager was lol'ing.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast