Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
    after upgrading to mac osx 10.6 still no hope
    that feature isn't enabled yet on the pre. Hopefully it makes it in the next update. I miss that feature.
    i got the same issue, kinda sucks that they didnt have that feature
    my 6 year old ericsson does this:/
    This seems like an unimplemented feature - since this phone is linux and you can root your phone to set up SSH, certainly all we need is for a app developer to do this. No? Not it.
    if only
    Global Posts
    355 Global Posts
    It looks like OPP (object push profile) is now supported as of 1.2.0. Correct me if I am wrong but I don't believe it was prior to this update.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    I have a Pioneer AVIC-D3...I can now transfer contact info. However, bluetooth audio still not working.

IGO
    GIVE DEBBIE THE CHIMP.....GIVE DEBBIE THE CHIMP!!!
    Global Posts
    59 Global Posts
    hope to use bt to get to the earpiece to hear music
    Global Posts
    59 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Ebbs View Post
    Can you send a file from one pre to another via BT?
    yeah, we all want this
    I still don't understand how supposedly 'smart' phones can lack a feature that seems so basic. Makes no sense to me, and is indeed totally frustrating.

I don't mind experimenting with WOQI or PreWar, but i don't know enough to be 'rooting' my pre. If Palm fail to implement such a feature, an app would most certainly be greatly appreciated.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zischke View Post
    I still don't understand how supposedly 'smart' phones can lack a feature that seems so basic. Makes no sense to me, and is indeed totally frustrating.
    Part of the problem, is that what one person considers "basic" might be "random and useless" to somebody else.

I have used BT file transfer on a few devices, but probably less than half a dozen times in a decade of using cell phones and PDAs.
    anybody tried the optware obexftp package ?
    Global Posts
    253 Global Posts
    So we still can't transfer files over BT (what an ANNOYING oversight on Palms part)... Also has anyone been able to get their "music" or "Sprint Navigator" to send the audio to a BT headset?
    I'm currently just using Bluetooth to hotsync my Pre to my Laptop's Palm Desktop application. Works well. I too wish that I could transfer files via Bluetooth instead of via USB cable (e.g., iTunes sync or media sync via BT would be great!). I hate using that microUSB port on the Pre--afraid it'll break someday.
    Global Posts
    60 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Ricyteach View Post
    Actually you can do this over bluetooth, or over the network. But you have to follow all the instructions over at the dev wiki (root the Pre, install SSH server, download winscp and putty if you're using windows) to do it.

However, even though I now have 100% sftp access to the Pre filesystem both over the network and over bluetooth, I can't figure out where the user files are stored (pictures, ringtones, music, etc) in the filesystem. I've been looking everywhere and can't find it. I'm pretty new to Linux so I'm not sure where these kinds of things are stored typically anyway, and of course have no idea whether it would still be true of the Pre file system anyway.
    Would you tell me please where the dev wiki is located? I know how to root my device and have patches, apps and themes installed including filecoaster, preload and preware. But I still have not found out how to fix the bluetooth like this. I cannot find it in the linux patches either. Please help? Thank you so much!
    Quote Originally Posted by plcd22 View Post
    Also has anyone been able to get their "music" or "Sprint Navigator" to send the audio to a BT headset?
    You need a BT headset that supports the A2DP (higher quality stereo audio) profile, doing this to the headset/handsfree profiles is not supported.
    Yeah, uhh... it's Kevin. (KevinT was already taken.)

PalmPilot Professional, Palm V, Kyocera 7135, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Palm Prē & Prē 2, HP TouchPad & Veer
    Global Posts
    60 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gwyneth View Post
    Would you tell me please where the dev wiki is located? I know how to root my device and have patches, apps and themes installed including filecoaster, preload and preware. But I still have not found out how to fix the bluetooth like this. I cannot find it in the linux patches either. Please help? Thank you so much!
    Now I have optware bootstrap installed through preware but not in dev mode since the instructions did not require to do so. Then I installed the patches. Then rebooted luna. Now will the blutooth connect to my treo pro. Letls see now...
    Global Posts
    60 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Ricyteach View Post
    Actually you can do this over bluetooth, or over the network. But you have to follow all the instructions over at the dev wiki (root the Pre, install SSH server, download winscp and putty if you're using windows) to do it.

However, even though I now have 100% sftp access to the Pre filesystem both over the network and over bluetooth, I can't figure out where the user files are stored (pictures, ringtones, music, etc) in the filesystem. I've been looking everywhere and can't find it. I'm pretty new to Linux so I'm not sure where these kinds of things are stored typically anyway, and of course have no idea whether it would still be true of the Pre file system anyway.
    ok... This sadly did not work for me. My treo Pro could find the pre, they even paied. When I wanted to beam a picture from my pro to my pre... My pro could find the paired pre but transfer failed. The pre was still in discoverable mode...
    Please help? Thank you...
    Would you plse explain exactly where to find the archives/directories like media/internal
    an what do I have to modify exactly please to activate correctly to send via bluetooth files
    I didn't find any files like the one you have mentioned.

Regards
    DragonTF
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast