Global Posts
    94 Global Posts
    CASES: I have seen the Palm case in the Sprint store and while it seems nice, it really is just a storage pouch. Will there be any type of case that will protect and yet work with the slider functionality? I can't imagine how that would work and just wondered.

I use the phone in open position a lot and almost exclusively for calls. I'd love to soften those edges as it does feel sharper than I would like. I'm just not sure if it's possible. I ordered the full body Zagg screen protector. I am still using that plastic cover from the store and the little pouch, which I like, but feel I do need some sort of stronger screen protection.

Chargers: I see a wide variety of car chargers. Ranging from 15.00 - the Sprint store 31.00 one. Does it matter? I got the 31.00 one but have not used it yet. I've heard cheap chargers can sometimes cause problems with electronics. What did you all buy?

Touchstone I will call Palm but just in case anyone here might know. Is the back for the touchstone safe if you have a Latex allergy? I looked at the box and asked in the store but nobody knew.

Bluetooth I've never used a BT headset and would like to try one.
    Do they severely impact the phone's battery?

Thanks
    Dorothy
    Quote Originally Posted by dp135 View Post

Chargers: I see a wide variety of car chargers. Ranging from 15.00 - the Sprint store 31.00 one. Does it matter? I got the 31.00 one but have not used it yet. I've heard cheap chargers can sometimes cause problems with electronics. What did you all buy?

Dorothy
    I've tried two different aftermarket car chargers. One was one I had for my Treo 800w and another was one that the Besy Buy sales guy assured me would work... Neither one works. I need to go to the Sprint store and get the Palm charger.
    Global Posts
    408 Global Posts
    what chargers did you try? Motorola and the Rocketfish one works just fine.
    Global Posts
    57 Global Posts
    be aware I have a blackberry storm car charger, and it works great with my Pre luckily
    Quote Originally Posted by kurpaige View Post
    what chargers did you try? Motorola and the Rocketfish one works just fine.

The one I already had was a walmart cheapie that I used for my 800w.

The one Best Buy sold me was the Rocketfish one you mentioned. It doesn't work.
    I bought the Sprint one and it works just fine... I ordered the Palm one though and am waiting for that to come in before I return the Sprint one.
    Global Posts
    94 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dp135 View Post
    Touchstone : I will call Palm but just in case anyone here might know. Is the back for the touchstone safe if you have a Latex allergy? I looked at the box and asked in the store but nobody knew.
    I called customer support and I was thinking they might need a sample of DNA before answering my question ;-) Answer is we don't know. An engineer has to give me a call back.
    Global Posts
    94 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by beret9987 View Post
    I bought the Sprint one and it works just fine... I ordered the Palm one though and am waiting for that to come in before I return the Sprint one.
    What is making you choose the Palm over the Sprint?
    Quote Originally Posted by cdaniel76 View Post
    The one I already had was a walmart cheapie that I used for my 800w.

The one Best Buy sold me was the Rocketfish one you mentioned. It doesn't work.
    interesting, i just tryed the walmart charger i have for the 800w and its charging the pre as i type this.
    700WX -> 800W -> Touch Diamond -> Pre?
    I use iGo's adapters for my car charger. You can get them at your local radioshack. They are nice because the cable and the tip are interchangable. If you get a new device, you just get the new tip. The A97 tip works for the Pre.
    Dedicated Palm User
    Palm Pre
    Palm Treo 700P - retired
    Palm Treo 600 - retired
    Palm M515 - retired
    Palm V - retired
    Palm Pilot Professional - retired