Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I'm not crazy about the included headsets, but hate Bluetooth.

Can anyone suggest any wired headsets, with both the proper 3.5mm plug and a microphone, that work with the Pre?

TIA.
    There's a ton of them. Any iPhone headset should work.

I've got the Etymotic hf2 headset.

Here's a few others:

Review: iPhone headsets Review | Headphones | Macworld
    http://gizmodo.com/5039819/cut+the+c...set-battlemodo
    i use v-moda vibe duo you can get them on ebay for around 50$ and the sound amazing..
    i just made a thread last night about the Ultimate Ears 200v for $25.

awesome earbuds, and a crazy price. see that thread for the link and some more info.
  5.    #5  
    Awesome -- thanks. Didn't realize there was an actual four-conductor standard.
    Global Posts
    412 Global Posts
    Hey guys. I am trying to get some help with an issue I'm having that relates to my new headset. If any of you can tell me about your experiences with your headsets, that'd be great. Here's my problem: http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...m-mic-pre.html It has to do with the mic ON the Pre being active while the headset is plugged in, and I'm on a call. When the Pre brushes up on my clothes, the Pre's mic picks up sounds.

Please, if you can read my thread and help me out, I'd be really grateful.

Thanks!!!
    What if this whole crusade's a charade? -Trent Reznor
    Global Posts
    69 Global Posts
    I do not think that the iPod in-ear headphones work with the Pre... I tried them out and could not seem to get mic input working.

This headset worked perfectly on my iPhone.
    Global Posts
    412 Global Posts
    I got my mic issue figured out. For wired headsets, you have to use Palm brand. Bluetooth brand doesn't matter.
    What if this whole crusade's a charade? -Trent Reznor
  9.    #9  
    Hmmm. That makes the iPhone compatible headsets a lot less useful.
    That's just not true. If I remember correctly, NINnerd is using a 2.5mm headset with an adapter to plug into the 3.5mm jack. No offense, but of course that's not going to work. There's no standardized 2.5mm connection.

I'm using the hf2, a standard 3.5mm iPhone compatible headset, with absolutely no issues with the microphone or button.
    I use Shure SE310's with the phone adapter.

The adapter cord is only $39.95 at the Apple Store, $10 cheaper than what Shure lists it for.

I build cabinets, and these headphones are noise canceling, so I can still listen to music, podcasts, or audiobooks while working around very noisy tools in the shop. They sound very good too!
    If you have any 2.5mm headsets you could just buy an adapter. Worked perfectly for me.
    Global Posts
    412 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jhoff80 View Post
    That's just not true. If I remember correctly, NINnerd is using a 2.5mm headset with an adapter to plug into the 3.5mm jack. No offense, but of course that's not going to work. There's no standardized 2.5mm connection.

I'm using the hf2, a standard 3.5mm iPhone compatible headset, with absolutely no issues with the microphone or button.
    Well, I'm not sure about that. The manager told me it has to be Palm for wired headsets. But who knows...maybe the iPod ones will work. I'm sure if they do, she wasn't going to tell me. Haha.
    Global Posts
    217 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by skippyrulz View Post
    i just made a thread last night about the Ultimate Ears 200v for $25.

awesome earbuds, and a crazy price. see that thread for the link and some more info.
    Price shot up to $85 on these last night. Bummer!
    Global Posts
    8 Global Posts
    Global Posts
    290 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparky977 View Post
    I use Shure SE310's with the phone adapter.

The adapter cord is only $39.95 at the Apple Store, $10 cheaper than what Shure lists it for.

I build cabinets, and these headphones are noise canceling, so I can still listen to music, podcasts, or audiobooks while working around very noisy tools in the shop. They sound very good too!
    That sounds like me too. I just picked up the adapter, and will be using my previous Shure SE210 headphones. Loving it so far.
    Quote Originally Posted by srfcrzy View Post
    Price shot up to $85 on these last night. Bummer!
    they're still showing $25 for me. even placed them in the shopping cart to be sure. try again, they're worth every penny of the $25 and then some.
    Global Posts
    217 Global Posts
    No Sh*it. They lowered it again! That's so weird.

I know I wasn't just seeing things. I checked and rechecked and even posted a review on Amazon that noted the price change earlier. Now they've changed it back. Hmmm...
    As noted in your other post. The price dropped back down once Amazon had stock directly.
    Global Posts
    26 Global Posts
    Anyone know where to get a simple mono 3.5mm ear bud headset that will work well with the Pre? I'm surprised Palm doesn't have one for the Pre on their website. I tried using my Treo 755p headset with a 2.5 -> 3.5 adapter, but it's not transmitting my voice well.

BTW, on an unrelated note, I ordered a replacement battery charger from Palm and it's on it's way. Save 20% with coupon code PLMREG!
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast