Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    You can find the protocol on the internet, but it won't help you. Palm uses only the possibility to short the signal via a button, apple sends a blocksignal to that same port. (look for "inside shuffle 3g remote") So palms port has no connection (no hardware) to check the blocksignal.

I modified the original headphone with a bargain pair of sennheiser CX400 (€15)

I am using the Jabra (2.5) that I used as a spare/backup to bluetooth in my car with my Treo 680. For some reason none of Radio Shack adapters worked but I ordered one from Palm and no problems. Remember mono to mono.
    Palm Pilot - Palm III - Palm M515 - Treo 680 - Palm Pre+ at&t - HP 32G Touchpad - HP Pre3 at&t
    Hi fellas,

after disappointment with not working apple dual-driver headset I want to ask if there is verified stereo inear headset with volume controls.
    Thx for reply
    I want to use my old wired headset with mic (don't like bluetooth because I travel a lot and hotels are usually skimpy on outlets so already have a tough time finding enough outlets for the stuff I already carry so don't need to add to it) Anyways I went to Radio Shack and just bought a 2.5mm to 3.5mm converter..it only has 2 rings on the male side which is apparently bad and the reason that the boom mic doesn't work and the mic on the pixi itself stays active. Well I'm bored in the hotel so I searched Radio Shack's website and came across this...will it work with a 2.5 mm single ear headset with boom mic and my Pixi??? Thanks for your help.

VoiceStar™ Audio Adapter for iPhone® - RadioShack.com

On a side note I looked at it a little longer and now have no idea what size the male or female connections on this thing are...
    I've bought these and they work great with the Plantronics MX150 with 2.5mm male to 3.5mm female on Pre. The link you show looks like 3.5mm male and female.

Amazon.com: 3.5mm MALE TO 2.5mm FEMALE STEREO HEADPHONE ADAPTER FOR IPHONE / BLACK: Cell Phones & Service
    Quote Originally Posted by lazslo11 View Post
    I've bought these and they work great with the Plantronics MX150 with 2.5mm male to 3.5mm female on Pre. The link you show looks like 3.5mm male and female.

Amazon.com: 3.5mm MALE TO 2.5mm FEMALE STEREO HEADPHONE ADAPTER FOR IPHONE / BLACK: Cell Phones & Service
    If it works with the Pre it should work with the Pixi right??? I'm sure that part has to be the same. The tech specs seem to be vague on the radio shack product. Not sure why someone would want 3.5 to 3.5...but maybe there is a demand for that. Should be in a town tomorrow where the hotel we stay at is close to a Radio Shack so maybe the will let me test it out before I buy it...Since I'm never home I like to buy stuff in person other wise I can go weeks before getting my hands on something if I have it shipped to my house. If all else fails I'll go with this since someone says it actually works. Thanks for the info.
    I have the bose mobile in-ear headset. they work great for music and calls. I got them at apple for 117.00.
    Quote Originally Posted by onmibike View Post
    I have the bose mobile in-ear headset. they work great for music and calls. I got them at apple for 117.00.
    While Bose is awesome I'm gonna need a cheap fix for a bit. Too much stuff going on right now. Will have to wait a few months before I can justify money for a new headset...
    Quote Originally Posted by Great Cornholio View Post
    If it works with the Pre it should work with the Pixi right??? I'm sure that part has to be the same. The tech specs seem to be vague on the radio shack product. Not sure why someone would want 3.5 to 3.5...but maybe there is a demand for that. Should be in a town tomorrow where the hotel we stay at is close to a Radio Shack so maybe the will let me test it out before I buy it...Since I'm never home I like to buy stuff in person other wise I can go weeks before getting my hands on something if I have it shipped to my house. If all else fails I'll go with this since someone says it actually works. Thanks for the info.
    I know these work great on the Pre and Hero. So I would think they should work with the Pixi. With Blackberry 9650 you have to answer call and then plug them in for it to work,wierd. When I posted the link Sunday the price was $5.?? and this morning it's $2.36. I've noticed before Amazon raises their prices on the weekend.

Just got the adapter in the mail today and they sent the wrong one. The one in the pic shows the correct one I was looking for with the 3 rings. The ones they sent only have 2 rings and therefore have the same issue that the other adapter I bought had...where the earpiece works, but the mic doesn't.
    Just got the adapter in the mail today and they sent the wrong one. The one in the pic shows the correct one I was looking for with the 3 rings. The ones they sent only have 2 rings and therefore have the same issue that the other adapter I bought had...where the earpiece works, but the mic doesn't.
    Bummer, I just ordered some more.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Dad View Post
    I'm not crazy about the included headsets, but hate Bluetooth.

Can anyone suggest any wired headsets, with both the proper 3.5mm plug and a microphone, that work with the Pre?

TIA.
    First of all why do yu hate bluetooth. they are great, way better than wired especially now days with the dual mics and what not. but anyways, BOSE obviously and the Diddy beats are good choices too.
    Bummer, I just ordered some more.
    If you have a Verizon store in the neighborhood they have adapters. Just tell the people you are looking for a "blackberry handsfree cable" or a cable that lets you use your old handsfree set with the small plug in a phone that has a big plug and they will know what you are talking about. The store in my area had them for 4.99 and it works great.
    If you have a Verizon store in the neighborhood they have adapters. Just tell the people you are looking for a "blackberry handsfree cable" or a cable that lets you use your old handsfree set with the small plug in a phone that has a big plug and they will know what you are talking about. The store in my area had them for 4.99 and it works great.
    Thanks for the Verizon tip. I'll pick up a couple ( part # HDW-15306-002 ) if they shipped the wrong ones to my kid.
    Quote Originally Posted by c4sper View Post
    i use v-moda vibe duo you can get them on ebay for around 50$ and the sound amazing..
    +1..except get the vibe II duo, slight difference but its the latest model I really like them.

Oh and the Zagg smartbuds, great set of earphones, the Zagg have better audio quality, but these have a better mic.
    Hi fellas,
    does somebody know if those tangle-free in-ear nokia headsets (WH-701 or WH-205) work?
    EDITED:
    Buttons on neither of them work.
    Last edited by tr47; 10/22/2010 at 03:27 AM.
    I posted this elsehwere but just to bump here: on opposite ends of the spectrum Auria makes headphones which will work with the Pre, mic works etc and even has a volume slider which works. J&R has it for less than 30. On the other side I just picked up a Bose MIE2 which also works (dont get MIE2I- only works with iphone). Basically any set designed for iphone will not work on pre, any standard set with mic should work.
    Im using Zagg Smartbuds for a month. Mic and button works as they are supposed to, volume control is more like a "sliding volume reducer". Cord in invisibleShield is pretty sturdy, doesnt tangle much but Im more into flat cables. I would prefer straight jack over angeled one. Earbuds are bit bigger (if you consider there is only single driver). Sound seems to be good for the price but Im not audio quality enthusiast so... Im using foam tips, they are awfully stiff - I used Koss, Jays and Comply foam tips before and those from Zagg are worst. This cord management seems to be great idea but doesnt work for me - always catching for something on my jacket (but itll be fine after winter is over).
    Jumping on this thread, I just stumbled across a Samsung adapter (ARM040) which seems to provide both a volume control and a "button that does things". Any experiences on the Palm Pre anyone, with this, especially as far as the button is concerned (skipping tracks while in music player, answering calls, ...)?
    Quote Originally Posted by kawazu View Post
    Jumping on this thread, I just stumbled across a Samsung adapter (ARM040) which seems to provide both a volume control and a "button that does things".
    Answering that myself, I volunteered as a guinea pig and ordered one of these things. Outcome: Headphones work, same as the on-adapter volume control does. "Magic button", however, doesn't do anything useful at least in music player mode - pressing that button just seems to slightly increase music playback volume, releasing it again decreases it. Didn't bother trying the microphone / headset functionality, so, as the initial requirement is not met. Just in case anyone might stumble across this device...
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast