Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 41 to 60 of 84
  1. #41  
    Quote Originally Posted by enynite View Post
    Think its the headset themselves, not the Pre. I've tried a couple of generic headsets with the Pre and they all work. I'll give the apple headset a try on a few other phones to see if it works and post back.
    I have no idea... seems like a few others are having the same issue. Wish I could get this to work! I don't have the money to buy another set of headphones.
    "Aggies never lie cheat or steal, nor tolerate those who do."
  2. #42  
    does anyone know where I could get an old rotary dial phone? JK. I use the oem blackberry headset on mine, works just fine.
  3. #43  
    What's so wrong with bluetooth again? is it the range, clarity and convenience you dislike so much? I dont get it.
  4. #44  
    Nope, just the static, need to recharge a separate device, and poor audio quality (for music).
  5. mxu030's Avatar
    Posts
    58 Posts
    Global Posts
    93 Global Posts
    #45  
    Quote Originally Posted by The Dad View Post
    I'm not crazy about the included headsets, but hate Bluetooth.

    Can anyone suggest any wired headsets, with both the proper 3.5mm plug and a microphone, that work with the Pre?

    TIA.
    The new Bose headphones has it. Pretty sweet.
  6. #46  
    Quote Originally Posted by jp89hornet View Post
    I have no idea... seems like a few others are having the same issue. Wish I could get this to work! I don't have the money to buy another set of headphones.
    It's because the new Apple headphones that you have (with the volume buttons) aren't compatible, they use a slightly different standard, as I've already said. They also won't work on old iPhones either, for the record.
  7. #47  
    The Shure SE102 MPA stereo headsets (earbuds) worked good with my pre, but I can only wear them so long before they become uncomfortable. I really like my BT Backbeat 903's, very comfortable and great sound. Yeah, you do get that dropoff, but it's not bad, never had static though. No echo in the phone and no complaints on the other end about sound quality. Charge last about 7 to 8 hours.
  8. #48  
    Is this the same headset as the sennheiser? (creative ep630i). Another Creative earphone is known to be a rebranded sennheiser. Anyone got experience with this tape?
  9. #49  
    Quote Originally Posted by Nismode View Post
    The iPhone FMJ headphones sound amazing, but have no Mic input. Beware.
    I wish I had known this! Had them for a few days before I realized.
  10. #50  
    Quote Originally Posted by jhoff80 View Post
    It's because the new Apple headphones that you have (with the volume buttons) aren't compatible, they use a slightly different standard, as I've already said. They also won't work on old iPhones either, for the record.
    Has anyone looked into a possible work around / patch for the Pre to work with modern iPhone compatible headsets? I wonder how difficult this would be...

    I'm looking for a quality headset with control buttons for the Pre. The new Scosche IDR655m looks good, but based on the advice above I guess it prob isn't compatible. The Scosche tech chat said it wasn't tested and may or may not work.

    Any recommendations?
  11. #51  
    Quote Originally Posted by ismschism View Post
    Has anyone looked into a possible work around / patch for the Pre to work with modern iPhone compatible headsets? I wonder how difficult this would be...

    I'm looking for a quality headset with control buttons for the Pre. The new Scosche IDR655m looks good, but based on the advice above I guess it prob isn't compatible. The Scosche tech chat said it wasn't tested and may or may not work.

    Any recommendations?
    Well, I highly recommend the Etymotic hf2 myself. They have a single button, which has multiple functions on the Pre. When music is playing, a press pauses, (or resumes if paused), and a double press skips to the next track. It also functions as the answer / hang-up button on the headset. The only thing you don't get from it are volume controls.
  12. #52  
    That sounds good. I can live without volume controls, the phone buttons are fine. It's having to unlock to pause and skip tracks that's annoying.

    The Etymotic looks like a winner, other than the cord noise a few people are complaining about. Any problem like this for you?

    Thanks
  13. #53  
    Is there any wired headset that has a mic AND an inline volume control?
  14. #54  
    I use a 3.5 earphone set with mic and bass boost made by Auvio. I bought it at Radio Shack. It was about $3. It is awesome. Music is really good - nice bass, good range and clarity. Telephone calls also clear both in and out. Has a unique clothlike coating on wires (over insulation that prevents them from ever tangling. Seriously. They never tangle. And they come in a neat little zippered case that fits in a pocket nicely. I carry them in the case everywhere i go so whenever i want them they are there. i highly recommend them.
  15. #55  
    When driving i use MOTOROKR and broadcast my blue tooth signal through my radio. Best $60 I ever spent! Love it.

    Good for music and also or phone calls. One touch answer, hands free talking, with speaker over radio or if you worry about other car radios picking up your conversation in a tap you can use its built in speaker instead so it is secure.
    Last edited by ravsteve; 05/04/2010 at 09:30 PM. Reason: additional info
  16. #56  
    Quote Originally Posted by ismschism View Post
    That sounds good. I can live without volume controls, the phone buttons are fine. It's having to unlock to pause and skip tracks that's annoying.

    The Etymotic looks like a winner, other than the cord noise a few people are complaining about. Any problem like this for you?

    Thanks
    Honestly, I used to have a different Etymotic pair of headphones (no mic) with much worse cord noise, so I'm probably a bad person to ask that of.

    I personally find though that if you clip it to your shirt or something so that it's not continually hitting against you, there's not much cord noise.
  17. #57  
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLIÉ T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

    It's a Late Goodbye, such a Late Goodbye.

    Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here
  18. alled's Avatar
    Posts
    2 Posts
    Global Posts
    13 Global Posts
    #58  
    Quote Originally Posted by The Dad View Post
    I'm not crazy about the included headsets, but hate Bluetooth.

    Can anyone suggest any wired headsets, with both the proper 3.5mm plug and a microphone, that work with the Pre?

    TIA.
    Yeah, just from a 3.5mm Headset with microphone from Sourcingmap, you can copy the link to your browser to have a look. Hope it helps!
    sourcingmap.com/35mm-earhook-earphone-headphone-with-microphone-p-44626.html
  19. #59  
    I use skull candy headset. Whever sid it only works with palm headset?

    I also use the set that came with my blackerry sometimes.
  20. #60  
    I also have the Apple in-ear headphones with the volume controls and a Pre. It would be great if the mic and volume worked. The dual drivers sound amazing and compared to other dual driver headphones, the price is very reasonable.

    I wish I had the skills to write a patch, though it might not be simple since it is probably a low level protocol. (And possibly a hardware incompatibilty with the mic.) That and Apple isn't documenting how their proprietary hardware works.

    Here's wishing...
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Posting Permissions