Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Skull Candy makes a few wicked styles that are compatible with the Palm Pre.
    Global Posts
    876 Global Posts
    I've only found this one at the Palm website: Palm Pre™ Stereo Headset - Palm Accessories

It is not clear to me whether this thing has a microphone as well (typically called 2 in 1 stereo headset in my Treo 650 days), or whether this is just an ordinary stereo earphone???
    Global Posts
    157 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by raycarroll70 View Post
    Skull Candy makes a few wicked styles that are compatible with the Palm Pre.
    The iPhone FMJ headphones sound amazing, but have no Mic input. Beware.
    I have the newer iPhone in-ear headphones (best in-ear I've ever had!) but the mic doesn't seem to work. Any ideas why?
    "Aggies never lie cheat or steal, nor tolerate those who do."
    Hi all. I just got my Pre and really love it. I have a nice set of mic'd headphones that I use with my PC. They have two plugs, one for the mic and one for the audio. Has anyone seen an adapter that will take those connectors and adapt them to the single 3.5mm on the Pre? Thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by richler View Post
    Hi all. I just got my Pre and really love it. I have a nice set of mic'd headphones that I use with my PC. They have two plugs, one for the mic and one for the audio. Has anyone seen an adapter that will take those connectors and adapt them to the single 3.5mm on the Pre? Thanks.
    You can probably find an unsuitable parallel stereo adaptor fairly easily. However, a headset adaptor will have 4 conductor sections on the plug.
    I have these:
    Amazon.com: Sennheiser MM50 iP Earbuds / Headset (iPhone Compatible): Electronics

and I love them... I got them from a seller in the UK on ebay for around $30 shipped to the United States. I got them because there is a mic and the wire for the right ear is longer than the one for the left ear. This way you can wrap it around your head. The button on the mic part allows you to pause and play when listening to music on the pre music player remix. They go in deep in your ear and the bass is great. Much much better and louder than the standard Pre headphones. You also can't go wrong with the Sennheiser brand.
    The 3.5mm jack on the Pre is output only. There is no microphone input. With your Treo headset your basically in speakerphone mode, your using headset as the speaker and the microphone on the Pre to talk.
    Quote Originally Posted by lazslo11 View Post
    The 3.5mm jack on the Pre is output only. There is no microphone input. With your Treo headset your basically in speakerphone mode, your using headset as the speaker and the microphone on the Pre to talk.
    Absolutely wrong.
    If you plug a 2.5mm headset with a 3.5mm adapter into the Pre you will get sound from the Pre,phone Sprint Nav etc. The mic on the headset will not connect to the Pre. At least all the adapters I tried. I like the "old" 2.5mm headsets, so if you have a part # for a 3.5mm/2.5mm adapter that will utilize the microphone on the 2.5mm headset I'd love to have it.
    Quote Originally Posted by lazslo11 View Post
    If you plug a 2.5mm headset with a 3.5mm adapter into the Pre you will get sound from the Pre,phone Sprint Nav etc. The mic on the headset will not connect to the Pre. At least all the adapters I tried. I like the "old" 2.5mm headsets, so if you have a part # for a 3.5mm/2.5mm adapter that will utilize the microphone on the 2.5mm headset I'd love to have it.
    It would seem that the adaptors which you have tried are "stereo audio" adaptors not "stereo headset" adaptors.

In order to utilise the microphone, the plug on the adaptor must have 4 conductor section on the tip. (=3 rings of insulation)
    Thanks for the info. When I got my Pre in June I tried to find a way to use my Plantronics Mx150 headsets, I have about 10 of them in a drawer,but no luck finding an adapter that makes the microphone work. But the adapter I have works great with Sprint Nav, and works "ok" with the phone 2 feet from your face using the mic on the phone.
    had the apple in-ear...of course mic didn't work.

Got the Bose in-ear headset. Love it! people hear me very clearly on it. Kindy pricey unless you got a best buy hookup (got it for like 75 bucks after taxes!)

Bose Mobile In-Ear Headset - Bose Headsets and Headphones
    I'm BACK!!!
    Treo 650 -> Treo 755p-> iPhone 3g -> Palm Pre
    Quote Originally Posted by jp89hornet View Post
    I have the newer iPhone in-ear headphones (best in-ear I've ever had!) but the mic doesn't seem to work. Any ideas why?
    Think its the headset themselves, not the Pre. I've tried a couple of generic headsets with the Pre and they all work. I'll give the apple headset a try on a few other phones to see if it works and post back.
    I'm BACK!!!
    Treo 650 -> Treo 755p-> iPhone 3g -> Palm Pre
    I just got a set of Ultimate Ears MetroFi 220vi's because the headset that comes with the Pre just doesn't cut it. I read quite a few reviews of different types and brands. The UE 220's were rated very good at Amazon and about the maximum price I was willing to pay.

I just tried them on a couple of tracks and I'm impressed with the sound quality. Little bass was a complaint I read often, but I think there's plenty of it while very nicely balanced. They look good as well and the button also works as it should for music. I haven't tried it on a call yet though. The only question is durability, but only time will tell.

btw. The Apple store has quite a nice selection of PrPrPré $compatible$ $headsets$.
    If you're interested in these, make sure you get the 'vi' version, it has the mic!
    < M105 - M130 - M515 - T|T3 - Clié UX50 - T|x - Pré - Pré 2 - TouchPad 16GB>
    [url]
    I have a relatively new pair of iPhone earbuds and they work great, including the mic and the button. The button hangs up phone calls and pauses music (though it doesn't work in Pandora or the video player unfortunately).

Not sure why this doesn't work for others on the forum. I have a Pixi — has anything about the audio hardware changed since the Pre?
    The newer Apple "in-ear headsets" are different from the older ones. If you have a newer iPhone headset that has volume up and down on the remote, they will not work.

This also means the Klipsch S4i will not work.

Older iPhone headsets (and there's plenty of them) with just the single button on the remote will work.
    Damn. The volume buttons would be nice.

Wonder if the apps that should support the play/pause button can be updated for it. Very convenient with the music player.
    Quote Originally Posted by jniemasik View Post
    Damn. The volume buttons would be nice.

Wonder if the apps that should support the play/pause button can be updated for it. Very convenient with the music player.
    Pandora had headset button support in the past, but the newest version broke that. I expect it to be fixed in a future version.
    Global Posts
    621 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by trinidon2k View Post
    I have these:
    Amazon.com: Sennheiser MM50 iP Earbuds / Headset (iPhone Compatible): Electronics

and I love them... I got them from a seller in the UK on ebay for around $30 shipped to the United States. I got them because there is a mic and the wire for the right ear is longer than the one for the left ear. This way you can wrap it around your head. The button on the mic part allows you to pause and play when listening to music on the pre music player remix. They go in deep in your ear and the bass is great. Much much better and louder than the standard Pre headphones. You also can't go wrong with the Sennheiser brand.
    Hey this sounds awesome, i love the senns. Does the button work in the normal pre music app as well, like the palm ones do? Or only remix?
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast