Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    I had the same problem. My Blue Ant would connect but would could not keep the connection.
    My Z9 pairs fine now - I had some trouble at first, but after rebooting my phone it seemed to work out.

For those with Voice Control - I am interested in that, if I can't get Voice Dial on the Pre. Does it work? Thanks -
    Quote Originally Posted by akatoast View Post
    Can you use the voice dialing features that the Q1 offers with the Pre? Can it auto answer when u say "answer call"? Can you dial someone's number by voice alone?
    I've had my Q1 for two days out of my thirty, so far. I haven't noticed any static on my end, but haven't done any extensive testing with people on the other end yet. I'm using the latest firmware update (v8.15) with my Q1. Here's what it can and can't do with my Pre, as of yet:

1. It pairs with no issues.

2. The feature that reads and speaks the incoming call number works.

3. The "Answer/Ignore call" commands work.

3. Speed dial #1 works with the phone's internal settings (it is set to voicemail as a default on my Pre, and I haven't found a way to change that yet).

4. Speed dial #'s 2-8 DO NOT work with the Pre's internal speed dial settings for me.

5. Speed dial for #'s 2-8 can still be set up to work with the Pre using the Q1's internal settings, BUT they are LOST whenever the Q1 is RESET. It is also difficult to set up speed dial numbers this way because it must be done after receiving a call from the number you wish to add to speed dial, so it takes time and more than one person (if it's not the home phone) to do this.

6. All the other listed features (voice commands, etc.) of the Q1 that function independently from the Pre work with the exception of battery life (see below).

The charging issues that were discussed in another thread have not been a huge problem yet, but I'm noticing that the battery checks in at a "medium" fill status after about two of the listed 100 hours of standby time with very limited talk time (5-10 minutes). If this issue persists, and can not be fixed by a firmware upgrade on the Q1 or other upgrade on the Pre, then I will probably return the Q1. That will be a show stopper for me.
    Global Posts
    233 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by coreymcl View Post
    WOW, my experience with the Q1 has been totally opposite to yours. I think this BlueAnt Q1 has to be the best bluetooth headset I've ever used, including a Jawbone. I love the fact I can walk out of the room leaving my phone behind and when I return the headset reconnects all on it's own. Try the upgrade I did it right away and again I'm not having those problems.
    Sorry to say but most other headset's will let you walk away and reconnect when your close to the phone again I use the voyager pro and haven't had any problems with it and the pro has way better battery life than the Q1.
    Update:

I returned my Q1 today because of the battery issues. Fifteen minutes of talk time is like trying to take a one minute shower. It's not even close to enough time!

I got the V1 instead (which IS listed on the official Palm supported devices page on the Palm web site). I couldn't make an exchange because Sprint doesn't carry the V1. I had to get it at Best Buy.

A quote from Blue Ant customer support:

"This is actually just an issue with the Q1, all our other devices work fine
    with any Palm. I would suggest going back to the retailer and exchanging it
    for a different model. I would suggest the V1."

An interesting side note:

The Sprint employee that was helping me had a Q1 paired up with his Pre. I asked him how he liked the Q1. He said "It's pretty good". I then asked him how he liked recharging it every hour. He said "It doesn't bother me because I constantly recharge it in the store". No acknowledgment of any problem!? Obvoiusly he doesn't use it in a vehicle, or he has another 3-4 headsets courtesy of Sprint. He doesn't have to pay for them, you see. They are considered part of the uniform. Gee, if only all of us could be so lucky! He had never even heard of the V1!
    Last edited by Obsidianeye; 08/14/2009 at 09:39 AM.
    You must be kidding right? Hell, I thought I had issues with the headset not staying charged throughout the DAY! My gosh, you had a lemon.

Maybe I will stop *****ing in the other thread on the Q1 battery issues.
    So with either the Q1 or the V1 the only way to get them to work with speed dials is for the person to call you, and then you have to program that number into the headset??

I'm sure that's not the easiest thing to do while driving down the road?

Does anybody know if there is going to be a fix from either Palm or Blueant on this, or do we just have to use a good product with a portion of it's features?
    Quote Originally Posted by Red Smart View Post
    So with either the Q1 or the V1 the only way to get them to work with speed dials is for the person to call you, and then you have to program that number into the headset??

I'm sure that's not the easiest thing to do while driving down the road?

Does anybody know if there is going to be a fix from either Palm or Blueant on this, or do we just have to use a good product with a portion of it's features?

The problem is not with the Blueant, it is with the Pre's speeddailing system. With the sort-of exception of the voicemail ("1") they are not really hardwired true full-time speeddials and they do not work all the time from every screen in every situation so not surprising the Ant cant access them.

The altermative method on the V1 worked fine for me and although a bit of a pain having to call the number in, the number is built into the ant so if use it with another phone, should still work.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12