1.    #1  
    I know this is isnt the same as a built in solution that works with any headset, but it works. The Blueant V1 has voice recognition built into it and you can use it to call people you have on speed dial. It didn't work with my 650, but it works great with the pre. So I can say "call home" and it dials speed dial #2. Im not sure if there are other headsets out there that do this as well.
  2. gbp
    Global Posts
    2,543 Global Posts
    hmm i have to try that on my plantronics pulsar 590E
    Have you been able to get the V1 to announce incoming calls, and be able to answer with voice commands? I can't figure out if I have something configured wrong, or if the phone doesn't support the pass through process, as I have to use the phone or tap the button on the headset to answer calls.
    Anybody have the answer yet? Looking to buy but one of the selling points is it just say "answer" instead of hitting buttons.
    Yes the voice command does work. The V1 will announce the number of the person calling and then ask you if you want to answer or ignore. That part works with no problem on the Pre.

Now I will say that I am having issues with the voice dialing. "Call voice mail" works, but none of the others. And yes i do have the speed dials set up on the phone. What is weird is that they worked when I first got the phone but are not now. I am assuming that something in an update broke it. Is anyone else having issues?
    Good news bmhanson, but how are your problems going? Resolved yet? there are some pretty good deals on the V1 on ebay but I'm not in a huge rush so want to make sure the thing works ok before I pull the trigger.
    Quote Originally Posted by bmhanson View Post
    Yes the voice command does work. The V1 will announce the number of the person calling and then ask you if you want to answer or ignore. That part works with no problem on the Pre.

Now I will say that I am having issues with the voice dialing. "Call voice mail" works, but none of the others. And yes i do have the speed dials set up on the phone. What is weird is that they worked when I first got the phone but are not now. I am assuming that something in an update broke it. Is anyone else having issues?
    I thought someone else suggested (with some BT set) that if you set them IN the BT set, then they voice dial. But I'm still skeptical.

It should not be this complicated. Goodness. I just bought a Motorola T505 being sold on the Pre site, but it doesn't take voice commands, and so it useless for calling out hands free. (incomings are announced, but you have to press the button, I think, to answer) either way, it's going back.
    As long as you input the speed dial numbers directly into the V1 (rather than relying on the speed dial numbers set on the Pre itself), they'll work. Call Voicemail already works, but you have to input numbers into the V1 to make the Call Home, Call Office, Call Favorite, Speed Dial 6-9 commands work. The standard commands such as Answer, Ignore, Call Back, Redial, etc. all work.

I've had no issues with my V1. It works perfectly.
    Global Posts
    127 Global Posts
    Works great after programming the V1 with the numbers to be dialed... (easy-to-follow instructions are in the user guide).

I have a question about the USB connector on the V1. I had heard that it was a micro USB connector, but the micro USB data/charging cable for the Pre doesn't fit. I've included a picture of my V1 sitting on my Pre with both USB charging sockets visible. I understand there are micro USB-A and Micro USB-B connectors. Does anyone know which one is on the Pre and which is on the V1? Or maybe the V1 uses a proprietary connector (I hope not). I'd like to purchase a mini USB cable to plug into the auto adapter that came with the V1, then use different adapter tips to charge either the V1 or my Pre. Anyone got any ideas for what adapters to use (and maybe where to buy them online)?
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Onslaught View Post
    As long as you input the speed dial numbers directly into the V1 (rather than relying on the speed dial numbers set on the Pre itself), they'll work. Call Voicemail already works, but you have to input numbers into the V1 to make the Call Home, Call Office, Call Favorite, Speed Dial 6-9 commands work. The standard commands such as Answer, Ignore, Call Back, Redial, etc. all work.

I've had no issues with my V1. It works perfectly.
    This is my experience as well. The problem seems to be that the Pre's "speed dial" buttons (other than voicemail #1 that seems to be hardwired) are not really dedicated speed dial buttons and only work in certain modes and situations.

On the other hand setting the speed dials the alternative way (method "2" in the V1 manual) works very well. You have to call your phone from the number you want to save then hold down the volume down button for 3 sec and the V1 will ask you in what slot you want to save that number. Pretty simple once you figure it out.

After the numbers are in, the V1 works great. Can say "call home" "call office" or one of the other slots and works great. "Goog-411" is a blast.

Voice quality is very good and, for me anyway, the earpiece is very comfortable.

In all the V1 is exactly what I wsa looking for and I recommend it highly