Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 41 to 58 of 58
  1. sheltem's Avatar
    Posts
    82 Posts
    Global Posts
    84 Global Posts
    #41  
    Quote Originally Posted by DjPiLL View Post
    Does the Pre use the same battery as the 800w? I have a spare OEM Palm 800w battery I got from the Sprint store that I keep in my bag as a backup. Would be nice if this worked on the Pre.
    Yes the 800w and Centro both use the same battery as the Pre.

    I'm looking into getting a Centro battery and portable battery charger for $44.99 off Sprint.com. With the 25% discount on accessories, it's not such a bad deal.
    R.I.P. Windows Mobile (2002 - 2009)

    HP Jornada 568 -> HP Ipaq 2215 -> Audiovox SMT5600 -> Tmobile SDA -> Qtek 8500 (HTC STRTrk) -> Motorola Q -> Sprint Mogul -> Sprint Touch -> Sprint Touch Diamond -> Sprint Touch Pro
  2. #42  
    Buyers beware of these extended batteries. I bought one of these for my Treo 755p from Seido and it turned out to be a fiasco. The system would show you that you have more battery than you actually have when suddenly it will drop from 30% to 10 or 5 %. So in other words it will not give you more battery, but it will fool the system and make it look like it had more battery. Also, the battery will get fatter with the heat, while the Palm battery won't.

    My advice will be to just buy a regular Palm battery.
  3. #43  
    here is the same battery for cheaper

    http://www.seidioonline.com/product-p/basi13pmx1s.htm
    "These Things We Do, That Others May Live"
  4. #44  
    why not just spend that money on another touchstone????
    palm m103 > palm m130 > palm TlX > 755p > PRE (FINALLY!!!!)
  5. jtlapp's Avatar
    Posts
    359 Posts
    Global Posts
    362 Global Posts
    #45  
    Quote Originally Posted by Treolo View Post
    Buyers beware of these extended batteries. I bought one of these for my Treo 755p from Seido and it turned out to be a fiasco. The system would show you that you have more battery than you actually have when suddenly it will drop from 30% to 10 or 5 %. So in other words it will not give you more battery, but it will fool the system and make it look like it had more battery. Also, the battery will get fatter with the heat, while the Palm battery won't.

    My advice will be to just buy a regular Palm battery.
    Eeeks! If that happens, I will be sure this forum knows. I'll do tests to see how long the two batteries last. I better have 17% improvement with the 1350 Seidio.
  6. #46  
    the 1300mAh was the wasy one to do..no need for a new rear cover. But I'm sure Seidio is in the works for make that big 2600mAh...and the rear cover for it...hopfully being about to work with Touchstone....That's what I'm waiting for!!!!

    IGO
    GIVE DEBBIE THE CHIMP.....GIVE DEBBIE THE CHIMP!!!
  7. #47  
    Sure would be nice to see a lithium-polymer battery made for this phone....
  8. musk's Avatar
    Posts
    59 Posts
    Global Posts
    61 Global Posts
    #48  
    Quote Originally Posted by Bulls729 View Post
    here is the same battery for cheaper
    Innocell 1350 Extended Life Battery
    Not the same battery. That one you posted is white and Product Code BASI13PMX1S. The original post was for a black battery Product Code BASI13PMX3. The black battery also says "Developed exclusively for the Palm Pre".
  9. #49  
    Quote Originally Posted by musk View Post
    Not the same battery. That one you posted is white and Product Code BASI13PMX1S. The original post was for a black battery Product Code BASI13PMX3. The black battery also says "Developed exclusively for the Palm Pre".
    I'm sorry I did not clear up what I meant, it has been tested that the Palm Centro battery works and charges completely fine in the Palm Pre, IE: Same battery.
    "These Things We Do, That Others May Live"
  10. Libb's Avatar
    Posts
    186 Posts
    Global Posts
    188 Global Posts
    #50  
    Quote Originally Posted by Bulls729 View Post
    I'm sorry I did not clear up what I meant, it has been tested that the Palm Centro battery works and charges completely fine in the Palm Pre, IE: Same battery.
    Palm has been saying they made key electrical changes to the Pre's battery from the Centro/800w's version, so I don't know if I'd recommend using them. But if you don't mind the potential risk of your Pre bursting into flame while you're talking on it, then be my guest.
  11. #51  
    Quote Originally Posted by Libb View Post
    Palm has been saying they made key electrical changes to the Pre's battery from the Centro/800w's version, so I don't know if I'd recommend using them. But if you don't mind the potential risk of your Pre bursting into flame while you're talking on it, then be my guest.
    Good point, I wasn't planning on buying either in the first place, just thought id share
    "These Things We Do, That Others May Live"
  12. #52  
    The 17% or possible 51 more talk time minutes isn't huge but it's something. It's worth it cause it's a spare battery with a little more capacity that is cheaper than the official standard size. (Palm Accessories - Palm Pre) It's $49.99 at Palm's site.

    EDIT:
    The Precentral Accessory Sotre has the Standard Battery for $39.99. 12% more in price for 17% more capacity isn't bad. It's only $4.95 more.
    Last edited by EeZeEpEe; 06/09/2009 at 09:55 AM.
    LG TP 1100 -> Sanyo SCP-5150 -> LG PM-325 -> Nokia 1100 -> Motorola v557 -> Treo 755p -> HTC EVO 4G

    Sprint customer since 2001
  13. #53  
    if a lithium polymer was done at 1350mah, that would be like a reg lithium 1500mah right?
  14. #54  
    Quote Originally Posted by PrePhone4Me View Post
    if a lithium polymer was done at 1350mah, that would be like a reg lithium 1500mah right?
    I would think a mAh is a mAh is a mAh...regardless of what technology is being used to generate the mAh.

    The technology might allow them to stick more mAh in a battery of the same size and heat signature though...
  15. tarpon6's Avatar
    Posts
    113 Posts
    Global Posts
    184 Global Posts
    #55  
    Quote Originally Posted by Libb View Post
    Palm has been saying they made key electrical changes to the Pre's battery from the Centro/800w's version, so I don't know if I'd recommend using them. But if you don't mind the potential risk of your Pre bursting into flame while you're talking on it, then be my guest.
    I don't believe it. I have 2 Centro batteries and I see absolutely no difference in performance, charging, or fit. They last the same amount of time as the included Palm battery, and they're cheap.
  16. #56  
    Quote Originally Posted by gabbott
    I wonder if this battery will work with charging on the touchstone charger
    Hello,

    Yes the battery that we will have will continue to with the Touchstone and its matching door.
  17. #57  
    Quote Originally Posted by seidioseidio View Post
    Hello,

    Yes the battery that we will have will continue to with the Touchstone and its matching door.
    will this battery have the problem as the default battery the Palm Pre ships with? as in, it doesnt fit correctly

    http://www.precentral.net/slider-cra...gyver-solution
  18. Obscura's Avatar
    Posts
    147 Posts
    Global Posts
    148 Global Posts
    #58  
    Quote Originally Posted by mrdavis55 View Post
    why not just spend that money on another touchstone????
    That's my plan. One at home, one at work and the phone should be topped off for every commute.

    I like the way the touchstone angles the phone up for easy viewing and how you can answer it like an "old school" phone by just picking it up off the touchstone.

    Short battery life is one of the drawbacks of this phone, no doubt about it. Hotrod cars don't exactly get the best fuel mileage either.

    Who knows? Lithium Polymer batteries might bring some improvement to the next generation WebOS phone. (or those crazy carbon nanotube capacitor batteries we've been hearing about)
    Obscura
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Posting Permissions