Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Global Posts
    63 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by VaccPalm View Post
    What would be an extimate of how much more talk time this would give ya. I had the extended battery for the Centro and I never really noticed any real change or it just wasnt noticable.
    Yes, I would really like to know this also. I have no problems shelling out the money if I can get a normal day out of my phone.
    Global Posts
    362 Global Posts
    Look how eager we are to jump on it, and all it says is that it offers "longer" talk time. Would that be two minutes longer?

Edit: Oops. I failed to notice that the number was in mAh and not just a model number.
    Quote Originally Posted by Virgil1528 View Post
    Yes, I would really like to know this also. I have no problems shelling out the money if I can get a normal day out of my phone.
    But 1150mah to 1350mah isn't a HUGE difference. I'm thinking MAYBE 2 hours, probably 1 added to the device. Maybe I'm wrong, but that doesn't seem worth it to me.
    Global Posts
    239 Global Posts
    I had my Pre at work today for the first time, and barely made it through the day with the charge - I had 18% left by 4:00pm....but then our on-call Pre's came in so I could use the charger from one of them! Is anyone coming out with anything higher than a 1350 battery anytime soon?
    I had the same problem until i change the default setting. Turn off the gps, bt and wifi, location services, apps that you want to use will request them when needed. Turn the screen brighten level down to between low and default settings. Lower email setting to a least one hour checks unless your on charge mine is set to 6 hrs, when you open a email account it auto checks anyway. Last thing is roaming to sprint only, i never use roaming on any phone. My Pre is like my wm phone a big improvement. Bigger batt for centro fits Pre for 39 $ software.palminfocenter.com/productaccessories.asp?id=21923&n=Seidio-1350mAh-OEM-Sized-Extended-Battery
    Last edited by kinster02; 06/08/2009 at 08:29 PM. Reason: More info
    Anything larger than a 1350 would probally involve a huge lump on the back of the PRE . That Fugly bump was a reason it didnt well well for the Centro. BUT that batteyr really did make a difference. The 1150 to 1350 isnt even 2 hours. Its so small the difference its barley worth it. an extra hour talk time and 15-20 minutes of data time. I got the extended for the 700P and Centro and all were generally a waste. Too small a difference for so much money.
    It's a good start as far as replacement batteries go, but I'd sure like to see a little more, like maybe 1500 mAh. However, I don't know if a larger cap battery would fit with the original battery door. I do so love the sleek lines of the Pre! Some Nokias have 1500 mAh batteries, like the E71. That's an über-slim design so it should be able to fit a similar capacity battery in the Pre, no?
    Verizon
    Global Posts
    63 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by temperamentalman View Post
    But 1150mah to 1350mah isn't a HUGE difference. I'm thinking MAYBE 2 hours, probably 1 added to the device. Maybe I'm wrong, but that doesn't seem worth it to me.
    I've never looked into battery info before. How much extra "juice" have they been able to squeeze into the same size battery? Should we be holding out for more?
    Global Posts
    143 Global Posts
    interesting.... i would be interested in one but ill wait until reviews hit to see how much life it actually adds.
    Global Posts
    63 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by kinster02 View Post
    I had the same problem until i change the default setting. Turn off the gps, bt and wifi, location services, apps that you want to use will request them when needed. Turn the screen brighten level down to between low and default settings. lower email setting to a least one hour checks mine is set to 6 hrs. when you open a email account it auto checks anyway. Last thing is roaming to sprint only, i never use roaming on any phone. bigger batt for centro fits Pre for 39 $ software.palminfocenter.com/productaccessories.asp?id=21923&n=Seidio-1350mAh-OEM-Sized-Extended-Battery
    Does location services actually do anything when you aren't in an app that needs it? I can't imagine it's always on and looking for where you are? Am I wrong on this one?
    They have the extended battery "under development." I'm going to wait for that because 1350 isn't worth the cost to me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wiesman2613 View Post
    They have the extended battery "under development." I'm going to wait for that because 1350 isn't worth the cost to me.
    Agreed. But I'm not willing to change to a different back so I can continue using the Touchstone.
    Count me in. I may also get the stand alone battery charger & carry extra battery in my pc bag for days when I need it.
    Would using this aftermarket battery void the manufacturer warranty?
    Is there any reason to think this might not work with the touchstone?
    Global Posts
    362 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jeremy3721 View Post
    Is there any reason to think this might not work with the touchstone?
    The 1350 says that it is intended for the Pre, so I suspect it does work with the Touchstone, otherwise they'd have to say it doesn't if they had any sense of integrity (and they sound reputable).

On the other hand, the extended life battery that is under development "[i]ncludes an rubberized battery door to improve grip," so I wouldn't expect it to work with the TS -- no mention was made of the TS in the description.
    1350 will work with the Pre and the Touchstone. I have one in my 800w that I tested in my Pre. It works great and the fit is nice and tight so no chance of any of the reset problems that some have had with the Palm battery.
    Pilot 1000 -> Pilot 5000 ->Palm Pilot Professional -> HP 620LX -> TRG Pro -> Palm V -> Palm Vx -> Palm M505 -> Palm i705 -> Palm Tungsten|T -> Samsung i500 -> Treo 600->Treo 650 -> Treo 600-> Treo 700p ->Centro ->Treo 800w + Redfly C8n -> Palm Pre -> HP Touchpad
    R.I.P Palm 1996-2011
    Global Posts
    366 Global Posts
    To me the extended battery will be key. Even with battery optimizations that will be coming down the pike from Palm (hopefully) the extended makes sense.. I always had a 755p with the extended battery as I was such a heavy user. I'm guessing that having the Sedio extended isn't a bad idea either.
    Quote Originally Posted by VaccPalm View Post
    Anything larger than a 1350 would probally involve a huge lump on the back of the PRE . That Fugly bump was a reason it didnt well well for the Centro. BUT that batteyr really did make a difference. The 1150 to 1350 isnt even 2 hours. Its so small the difference its barley worth it. an extra hour talk time and 15-20 minutes of data time. I got the extended for the 700P and Centro and all were generally a waste. Too small a difference for so much money.
    1350-1150/1150=0.1739 or a 17 percent increase over the original battery. I'm not sure what that means because I'm still waiting for my Pre, but it might be a good investment as a second battery.
    Does the Pre use the same battery as the 800w? I have a spare OEM Palm 800w battery I got from the Sprint store that I keep in my bag as a backup. Would be nice if this worked on the Pre.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast