Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Global Posts
    35 Global Posts
    Hey guys,

There was a rant somewhere else on the forum that it was hard to search for stuff... and I apologize if this is not in a good place--but it is hard to find things since it is such an active forum right now with so many different voices.

At any rate, I ordered a charger and wall adapter from ebay:

Palm PRE AC Wall Adapter Charger & USB Cable NEW & OEM - eBay (item 310152732734 end time Aug-01-09 07:35:28 PDT)

And it looks to be the real deal.

I have been using it with the touchstone for a week now and not problems. Just want to put that data point out there. Not sure where this seller got it but they are a power seller so presumably are legit.

Hope this helps folks who want a cheaper (but authentic Palm) cable and wall adapter!
    Global Posts
    17 Global Posts
    I bought a bundle on Amazon for $10 ($2.98 shipping included).3 USB cables,1 AC USB adapter and a car USB adapter. I believe the Palm Pre uses the same charger input as the Treo 800w because thats what each data cable says but hey, they all work fine and for the price its a great deal. About a foot shorter than the original but I'm happy. The Sprint sales person told me no other charger would work so I should buy theirs for $19.99...huh...I guess that was a lie
    The accessories are the biggest ripoff!! I'm sure (after 4 pages) people are pointing you to ebay or any other site that specializes in cheap accessories that do the job. I paid $12 on ebay for a car charger, ac power charger, plastic case AND screen protector!!
    Palm loyalist: Samsung SGH-i500>Treo 600>650>755P>Pre- #1>>Pre- #2>Pre- #3>Pre- #4>Pre- #5>Pre- #6
    Global Posts
    25 Global Posts
    My monoprice usb cables and chargers are the bomb!
    Global Posts
    130 Global Posts
    Will this charger work when directly connected to the wall? I don't understand chargers too well, and really don't want to fry my Pre.

Walmart.com: Music Power Duet USB AC Charger for iPod and MP3 Players: Audio

Key details:

Music Power Duet USB AC Charger for iPod and MP3 Players

Technical Information
    Output Connector
    2 x USB

Power Description
    Input Voltage
    120V AC

Output Voltage
    5V DC

Frequency
    60Hz

Physical Characteristics
    Dimensions
    0.65" Height x 1.85" Width x 3.4" Depth

Miscellaneous
    Compatibility
    iPod
    Zune
    MP3 Players
    Blackberries
    USB Chargeable Devices

Update: Works great!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by roninj; 07/18/2009 at 12:41 AM. Reason: Update
    Global Posts
    36 Global Posts
    I use a lot of Sanyo Pro-700 phones in work to deploy to our drivers. They work on micro USB and their wall chargers and car chargers work fine on the Pre. I'm guessing anything micro USB will be fine.
    Quote Originally Posted by roninj View Post
    Will this charger work when directly connected to the wall? I don't understand chargers too well, and really don't want to fry my Pre.

Key details:

Music Power Duet USB AC Charger for iPod and MP3 Players

Technical Information
    Output Connector
    2 x USB

Power Description
    Input Voltage
    120V AC

Output Voltage
    5V DC

Frequency
    60Hz

Physical Characteristics
    Dimensions
    0.65" Height x 1.85" Width x 3.4" Depth

Miscellaneous
    Compatibility
    iPod
    Zune
    MP3 Players
    Blackberries
    USB Chargeable Devices
    I've had this charger for a while know I love it. I haven't found anything that doesn't charge on it including my Pre.

I was wondering does anybody use the Kensington USB power system? I I use it for traveling it's basically the same thing as the IGO. I've looked out at kensington & didn't see any PRE tips but I was wondering if some other other tips might work.
    Global Posts
    89 Global Posts
    I'm using the car charger and micro-usb cable from Monoprice and when it's charging my Pre, the battery get's really hot! Is this normal and should I be concerned?

I've been using it for two days so far and the battery does charge as I'm listening to online streaming music.
    Global Posts
    51 Global Posts
    I got the Rocketfish charger to charge my phone at the office (I use the Touchstone at home). However, the charger doesn't work -- I've tried it in different outlets, and nothing. I'm glad I only paid $5.00 for it (my bro works at Best Buy mobile!), or else I'd be really upset.
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234