Results 1 to 9 of 9
  1.    #1  
    Did a search and didn't see this posted so I am curious is it harmful to my battery if I leave Pre on the touchstone every night? Can it over charge?
  2. #2  
    Quote Originally Posted by preman2be913 View Post
    Did a search and didn't see this posted so I am curious is it harmful to my battery if I leave Pre on the touchstone every night? Can it over charge?
    No. Li-ion can be kept topped up.
  3.    #3  
    Thanks John other question...

    When I have the Pre on the touchstone and the battery status shows 100%, it still shows the lighting bolt as if it is still charging... Shouldn't the bolt go away once it is at 100%?
  4. #4  
    I topped off my blackberry all the time. Had a charging cradle for it at home and one on my desk at work. While I was at work sitting at my desk, my blackberry would sit in the cradle. Never had any ill affects from doing this.
  5. #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by preman2be913 View Post
    Thanks John other question...

    When I have the Pre on the touchstone and the battery status shows 100%, it still shows the lighting bolt as if it is still charging... Shouldn't the bolt go away once it is at 100%?
    I noticed this too but I think on the pre it just means it hooked up to AC power, not necessarily that is is charging. BTW, if you didn't know, if you tap in the corner by the battery indicator it will tell you the charged level of the battery.
  6.    #6  
    thanks gabbot! So I guess once were at 100% it is fully charged huh? lol
  7. enter260's Avatar
    Posts
    12 Posts
    Global Posts
    13 Global Posts
    #7  
    i don't have a pre or a touchstone yet, but i've been reading reports of the pre being warmer when using the touchstone vs directly plugging it in? if this is the case, the extra heat will damage the battery over time.
  8. #8  
    For the record, I tested it on my Kill-a-Watt meter, the Touchstone draws 1 watt with nothing on it (unfortunately rounded to the nearest watt), 5-6 watts with the Pre charging from 95%, and 3 watts with the Pre battery at 100% (aka trickle-charging).
  9. alxhowarth's Avatar
    Posts
    2 Posts
    Global Posts
    4 Global Posts
    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by enter260 View Post
    i don't have a pre or a touchstone yet, but i've been reading reports of the pre being warmer when using the touchstone vs directly plugging it in? if this is the case, the extra heat will damage the battery over time.
    the Pre does run very very using the Touchstone, i haven't compared it to the heat from using the wall charger alone. i will have to try that tonight. i m already guessing that it doesn't run nearly as hot, if hot at all.

Posting Permissions