1.    #1  
    Anyone know how or IF music (using the default app or pandora) can be sent to a bluetooth headset? Even when it's properly configured, music plays out of the cell's speaker and NOT the headset.
    Last edited by czarphanguye; 09/04/2009 at 07:10 AM.
    Did your Pre Discover your Bluetooth headset yet? If so pair it up. Make use that the bluetooth is on. Also it works with pandora well, default music app, and youtube.
    Global Posts
    306 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by djpeterman View Post
    Anyone know how or IF music (using the default app or pandora) can be sent to a bluetooth headset? Even when it's properly configured, music plays out of the cell's speaker and NOT the headset.
    You need a bluetooth headset that's capable of A2DP (Advanced Audio Distribution Profile) which is typically only on stereo headsets/speakers. You won't be able to do it with standard one-ear bluetooth headsets which typically only carry the HSP (Headset Profile) and/or the HFP (Hands-Free Profile).
    MotoRokr S9 HD working great for me. setup was a cinch.
    what do your settings show? if they look fine, try a do over? :P
    I see pandas.
    man that sucks should be an app that acts like a phone app except only routing audio to the headset no matter what kind of bluetooth.. ad2p or not.
    Quote Originally Posted by getmoneyeveryday View Post
    man that sucks should be an app that acts like a phone app except only routing audio to the headset no matter what kind of bluetooth.. ad2p or not.
    Sorry, it just doesn't work that way. That's been a restriction of every BT device I know of.

This is a good price on a decent unit:
    Amazon.com: Plantronics Voyager 855 Bluetooth Headset (Black): Cell Phones & Service
    Global Posts
    660 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by hparsons View Post
    Sorry, it just doesn't work that way. That's been a restriction of every BT device I know of.

Amazon.com: Plantronics Voyager 855 Bluetooth Headset (Black): Cell Phones & Service
    I have the 855 and the Jabra BT8040 and they both work great. For some reason the only thing you can't hear through the headset is the ringer, weird.
  8.    #8  
    After a ordering a couple BT headsets I finally found one that works decent.

... Currently using the Jabra BT530 Headset reviews - CNET Reviews

Last edited by czarphanguye; 09/04/2009 at 07:09 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by hparsons View Post

i dont have a stereo bluetooth. I have an earpiece. btw this isnt just for music but for future apps like skype or any voip app it Im pretty one of those apps will be developed in the future. Sure it will not come through my earpiece if it's not a phone.
    On getting my Pre last week, I was just pleasantly surprised to find that my Jabra BT530 earpiece (which has previously only worked for calls on my treo) also streams music from Pandora, the music player, and dkPodder. Awesome. I bought the BT530 based on the great reviews but never realized it could do A2DP. Nice bonus. I'll still use my Motola S9 HDs when I'm looking for better stereo quality, but it's nice to use just the Jabra headset around the house or while out travelling.

Now if I only could have a mobile nuclear power plant to keep the Pre's battery charged, I'd be all set!!!
    Last edited by greenawayj; 09/16/2009 at 11:19 AM. Reason: added title
    Global Posts
    102 Global Posts
    Seems to work fine with my Jabra BT 620s, streams Pandora and also does the normal phone operation too

edit, the buttons on the headset also function properly in pandora. Pause, skip and stuff like that.
    Last edited by Peaty; 09/19/2009 at 05:07 PM.