1.    #1  
    Ok lets say i WANT to buy a backup battery...which everyone does....where the eff am i supposed to charge it? the touchstone doesnt have a backup battery charger and there isnt a desktop charger for your backup battery....

yes i know, put it in the phone when the other one is done charging...but thats not a practical answer...
    Mike (FOOmanJEW) Jaret-Schachter
    Running With Scissors
    Producer
    www.runningwithscissors.com
    www.twitter.com/mikejaret
  2.    #3  
    ya it is....but imho that chinese aftermarket crap only screws batteries up....doesnt palm make something like this?
    Running With Scissors
    Producer
  3.    #4  
    Palm Treo™ Battery Charger - Palm Accessories

something like that....does that work with the pre? it doesnt say so...and it only lists up to treo 755....
    Running With Scissors
    Producer
    Quote Originally Posted by mikejaret View Post
    Palm Treo™ Battery Charger - Palm Accessories

something like that....does that work with the pre? it doesnt say so...and it only lists up to treo 755....
    I guess you're looking for something like this without the spare battery:

Palm Spare Battery Charger for Treo 800w - Includes Battery - Palm Accessories
  5.    #6  
    Ya I spose. Maybe ill just wait until they release that kit for the pre
    Running With Scissors
    Producer
    Quote Originally Posted by mikejaret View Post
    ya it is....but imho that chinese aftermarket crap only screws batteries up....doesnt palm make something like this?
    Do you think that there is a big factory somewhere with a sign that says "only Palm Accessories made here"?

Palm accessories, Sprint accessories, monoprice accessories and the generic cheapo stuff on ebay all come from the same place and the same few factories. In good old China.

Some are better then others, but that $8 ebay charger and a $25 SEIDIO one both rolled off the same assembly line in all likely hood. Price doesnt always corelate to increased quality.
    Mike I agree especially bc removing the battery door is such a pain!
  8.    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by bryanharig View Post
    Do you think that there is a big factory somewhere with a sign that says "only Palm Accessories made here"?

Palm accessories, Sprint accessories, monoprice accessories and the generic cheapo stuff on ebay all come from the same place and the same few factories. In good old China.

Some are better then others, but that $8 ebay charger and a $25 SEIDIO one both rolled off the same assembly line in all likely hood. Price doesnt always corelate to increased quality.
    actually they probably license their accessories from some random factory line but i can PROMISE you the ones on ebay for 5 bux are NOT the same ones minus the branding. They are usually much much worse quality and never have the right amperage. I sold cell fones a long time ago and the failure rate on aftermarket vs oem accessories was at least 10 to 1....
    Running With Scissors
    Producer
    Global Posts
    623 Global Posts
    i manufacture this stuff and thats definitely true.
    that one you see up there is no different than what palm will come out with besides the logo. in fact it pains me to even buy a single cell phone accessory.

incidentally, if anyone wants to do group buy on anything specific i can look into it.
    Multi Function Battery Charger

multi function battery charger; Seidio claims it works with the Pre.