Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1.    #21  
    here is a screen shot with wifi disable and bluetooth network
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Quote Originally Posted by tripple_sinner View Post
    I think what people are asking you is whether or not you have WIFI turned on or off on ur PRE while you are tethering
  3.    #23  
    bballintom22 no for the 2nd time I was not connected via wireless network. I know how to turn it off
    do you have a phone-as-modem account with Sprint?
    Sprint Pre, Mugen 2800mah battery
    Global Posts
    806 Global Posts
    Can you take a screen shot of the Pre too? Orange, Sym, P at the same time.
  6.    #26  
    Plus they wanna get another 50$ a month out of you, but it aint that bad honestly, its cheaper than at&t and verizon. Sprint really does have the better value
    Quote Originally Posted by dave75 View Post
    Can you take a screen shot of the Pre too? Orange, Sym, P at the same time.
    Another vote for this. we dont care if you know how to turn wifi off on your lappy, and we dont need proof that you did it. What we want to see is that you turned wifi off on the PRE.
    @ OP - come on spill it already

you will receive a thousand thank you's if you post your steps here.
    I think Sprint will keep tight control over tethering. I think if someone comes out with a program or a script to do it, you'll see a ROM update shortly there after that disables it.
    My Phone & My Wife's Phone Two Unlocked GSM Treo Pro's

This guy is full of it.
  11.    #31  
    peestandingup ur full of it and yes wifi was turned off on the pre as wel
    triple_sinner - can you please post the steps you took to get it working?
    “Wolves are the top of the food chain, and when the wolf population is healthy, all other animal and plant populations are healthy.” -- Lois Tulleners
    Quote Originally Posted by Major.Malfunction View Post
    Obviously the OP is playing on everyone's desire to see this as a reality. Why would someone start a thread saying they got something to work and then be completely silent or ambigious to what they did? We all know that tethering is like 2 steps when its working and even hacking it with previous Sprint devices was 5 minutes of 1-time preperation.

Im hoping I'm wrong here, but I think this is complete BS. Prove me wrong
    Well, there was someone who recently started a thread telling people how a great feature was present on the Pre, then FAILED to explain how he or she accessed it. Other posters had to come into the thread and explain it. Then the poster showed up later, apparently oblivious to the initial omission.

Dunno what's up in this case, but I'm just pointing out that people do some odd stuff - even without malice.
    * Stuck patches? Partial erase worked for me.
    * Stuck virtual keyboard? Partial erase AND folder deletion worked for me.
    Global Posts
    88 Global Posts
    hmm

i wonder if he's still on 1.0.1 maybe that leaves the PAM feature working?

i know for sure my 1.0.2 doesnt let me do BT PAM.
    tripple sinner works for Palm and is timing this post to counter Apple's WWDC announcement.

i kid, but seriously someone confirm this works before i jump sprint for AT&T
    Neil
    Handspring Visor Deluxe > Treo 600 > Palm Pre > iPhone 4s & Touchpad 32gb
    Global Posts
    96 Global Posts
    I had the MSL too last night cause I was getting my number ported over. I forget it now though. The thing is there were only 2 things on that screen from what i can remember, and it had to do with entering my phone number and another base number, so i dont see how the MSL will help.

The hardest part of making a tethering app is making it work with BT or wifi. I doubt there is strong support for controlling those functions in the API. Technically Sprint is denying us service since we all have Simply Everything Plans, and on other phones with the same plans, that means Tethering! Furthermore Sprint and Palm have acknowledged that Tethering is possible so if people really want it, lets just start a Class Action Lawsuit. Simply Everything implies Simply every feature available is given to the consumer.
    How you gonna write that you did it and then not tell everyone who's been trying to do it how they can do it? Share the wealth man!
    Quote Originally Posted by S4Rs View Post
    ... Simply Everything implies Simply every feature available is given to the consumer.
    The problem is carriers are allowed to use terms like "unlimited roaming", but it's not, if roaming is over 50%, they can cut you off, "unlimited data" but it's not, there's a cap.
    My Phone & My Wife's Phone Two Unlocked GSM Treo Pro's

Quote Originally Posted by TrickerZ View Post
    How you gonna write that you did it and then not tell everyone who's been trying to do it how they can do it? Share the wealth man!
    The obvious answer is because he didn't do it. Tho i'm hoping he proves me wrong. I'd love nothing more than to have the Pre tether.
    Neil
    Handspring Visor Deluxe > Treo 600 > Palm Pre > iPhone 4s & Touchpad 32gb
    peestandingup ur full of it and yes wifi was turned off on the pre as wel
    Im not the guy who started a thread claiming I can tether with the Pre then failed to follow up how I did it or post any videos/screenshots as proof.

If you're legit & prove it, I will apologize. If you cant, then gtfo of here & stop wasting everyone's time.
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast