Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Global Posts
    426 Global Posts
    Yes, but there are several different DualPower models. Mine is an older one that supports the A-series and B-series tips. Newer ones only support A-series tips. Here's a spec sheet for one that looks like a newer model but says it only outputs 5W.

http://info.igo.com/mobility/datashe...alpower_UG.pdf

I've seen other specs that said 15W. I haven't found specs for an older style like I have. This link shows the type that I have:

Amazon.com: iGo Dualpower: Electronics

The fact that an A53 isn't working right in my Pre worries me that a tip alone won't solve my problem.
    Quote Originally Posted by carrel View Post
    Yes, but there are several different DualPower models. Mine is an older one that supports the A-series and B-series tips. Newer ones only support A-series tips. Here's a spec sheet for one that looks like a newer model but says it only outputs 5W.

http://info.igo.com/mobility/datashe...alpower_UG.pdf

I've seen other specs that said 15W. I haven't found specs for an older style like I have. This link shows the type that I have:

Amazon.com: iGo Dualpower: Electronics

The fact that an A53 isn't working right in my Pre worries me that a tip alone won't solve my problem.
    I have a Juice 70 with the same dualpower unit as yours. It is 15 watts. I can't remember where I saw those specs but I remember from before I bought the unit several years ago to replace the PPS. Our dualpower unit works perfectly with tip A138.

To be on the safe side, you should wait until iGo makes an official suggestion on which tip to use. They have a Palm Pre unit right now and are testing it. In the mean time, I'll be using my Juice 70 with the old dualpower accessory and tip A138.
    Global Posts
    426 Global Posts
    Thanks for the help. Yes, I originally had a PPS too. It's amazing how many laptops and cell phones this iGo has powered and outlasted.
    The palm website, which sells an auto adapter also lists it being compatible with other palm devices, all of which say to use the A138 tip
    Took the mini to micro tip from the rocketfish and put it on a different USB cable that has a filter on it, works like a champ
    I think is not the power is the tip.I do have the newer version and the 3000 series that put 15W with the A97 tip i have the same issue whit both power source. Now with the a138 both work great and juice the phone real quick.The A138 is specify to work with the treo. Some one correct me if I am wrong tomorrow I will test the tips and the chargers to see what kind of power is coming out the tips.
    Global Posts
    426 Global Posts
    Hmmm, got the A138 tip. It reliably indicates that the Pre is charging (as opposed to the A97 which would only indicate charging some of the time). But it is barely charging. With location services on, the Pre holds a steady charge level when using the A138 and when I talked on the phone, the charge level actually dropped.

I'm skeptical of my DualPower unit and whether it is putting out enough power. I unplugged my laptop to see if it was drawing too much from the main unit (Juice 70) but that did not effect it at all. Maybe I need to bring my iGo to a Radio Shack and try a more modern DualPower to see if that helps.

Dave
    Global Posts
    426 Global Posts
    New news! iGo's website now lists the A138 as the approved tip for the Pre!
    Global Posts
    426 Global Posts
    After the A138 didn't work for me, I contacted iGo support and told them my problem and provided the part number for my older DualPower accessory. Their response was to send me a new DualPower as a warranty repair. There was zero hassle. I didn't ask them to replace it, I just asked if my unit was able to work with the A138. The new DualPower arrived and it works perfectly with the A138 and the Pre. Woo Hoo! Thanks iG0!!
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234