Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Global Posts
    27 Global Posts
    Found the A138 tips on ebay (link below). I bought 2 for $17.7 shipped after 8% cashback (use cashbackr.com if you don't know):

iGo Tip # A138 for Treo 800w - eBay (item 390058314033 end time Jul-09-09 19:55:15 PDT)
    FYI...A local sprint store sold me a 800w charger for my Pre saying it was the same charger (they were out of the PRE charger) I have an A138 tip coming to me in the mail.
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by moe300 View Post
    I did a little research online. The igo autopower8 which is the current model that radio shack and igo sells is only 5 watts (.41amps) output. I found the autopower 3000 which boasts a 15 watt output which is well over 1 amp! The autopower 3000 is still available apparently and I found them here iGo Auto Power 3000 Series Power Adapter for Cell Phone/PDA - EM-PS00228-3002 for a whopping $2.99.
    That is the animal awesome find. I am going to order another as a spair.
    Treo 300 --> Treo 600 --> Treo 650 --> PPC6700 --> Treo 700WX --> Treo 800W --> Pre.
    I had an igo for my old phone from awhile back and after i got my pre, i went to my local radio shack to find the appropriate tip. Was also told by the store manager there that currently there are no tips that will work for the pre. He said that they thought there was one that would work for a while there but then found out that it damaged the phone. I left and just got a sprint charger because id rather not risk hurting a 500$ phone >.<
    Global Posts
    108 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucidlore View Post
    I had an igo for my old phone from awhile back and after i got my pre, i went to my local radio shack to find the appropriate tip. Was also told by the store manager there that currently there are no tips that will work for the pre. He said that they thought there was one that would work for a while there but then found out that it damaged the phone. I left and just got a sprint charger because id rather not risk hurting a 500$ phone >.<
    From what others are saying, the A138 tip for the 800w works for the pre. I also ordered one from the link provided above by Preaaronr. Depending on the iGo charger you have, it may or may not work. The newer iGo chargers only provide 5 watts of output which may or may not be sufficient for charging a pre. You may have to get the autopower 3000 which I posted a link to a little further back in this thread. I suspect that after iGo does some testing, they will announce the A138 tip as the proper tip for the Pre. I have emailed them about it but have yet to receive a response.
    Global Posts
    108 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by doothedeww View Post
    The iGo Car chargers that the A97 plugs into come in different amperages. The one with the blue illuminated logo puts out twice as much current as the one with the green illuminated logo.

I found this out when I was working for Radio Shack. The blue illuminated ones were discontinued and the green illuminated one with a lower manufacturing cost replaced it. After the change many customers were having issues with them, unfortunately the older model isn't available any more.

iGo does not disclose technical specifications of the actual charger only the tips. My A97 would not charge my 800W with the green illuminated charger but it worked fine with the iGo with the blue illuminated logo.

I don't know of any other way to tell the difference between the models other than the illumination color. If anyone wants the numbers off it they are "01A05" which I believe is the revision.

For anyone who is wondering the tips are interchangeable between the two models.
    I did a little research online. The igo autopower8 which is the current model that radio shack and igo sells is only 5 watts (.41amps) output. I found the autopower 3000 which boasts a 15 watt output which is well over 1 amp! The autopower 3000 is still available apparently and I found them here iGo Auto Power 3000 Series Power Adapter for Cell Phone/PDA - EM-PS00228-3002 for a whopping $2.99.
    Just received my order from mobynowstore.com. The iGo car charger I posted in the link above is indeed the blue lighted version doothedeww mentioned which is a full 15 watts (the green lighted one is only 5 watts). I am still awaiting the A138 tip from ebay but I am confident that it will work after the comments from others. I definitely think the pre will charger slower while in use if you are using the green lighted 5 wall iGo.
    I just received my order as well from Mobynow store. I ordered 2 iGo auto adapters.

FYI, my adapters look like they've been used. They came in a re-sealed plastic bag with no original packaging. I received one that has a green light and one that has a blue light. However, both of them have the end that will receive a blue or green tip indicating to me that they are higher amperage. So I don't think you can use the color of the light ring to determine what model it is. They both work fine with tip A138 and charge my Pre. They have no markings on them to determine what amperage they provide.

I also have to newer iGo auto adapters. They only accept blue tips and have an amperage rating of .75A. It seems there are many different models of iGo's auto adapter floating around out there. Incidentally these work fine as well with tip A138 and charge the Pre fine.
    Just received my order from mobynowstore.com. The iGo car charger I posted in the link above is indeed the blue lighted version doothedeww mentioned which is a full 15 watts (the green lighted one is only 5 watts). I am still awaiting the A138 tip from ebay but I am confident that it will work after the comments from others. I definitely think the pre will charger slower while in use if you are using the green lighted 5 wall iGo.
    Were your car chargers in original packaging?
    Global Posts
    17 Global Posts
    it works fine for me.
    Global Posts
    108 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sbpooch View Post
    Were your car chargers in original packaging?

Yes both of my iGo car chargers were in the original packaging just like it shows on the website, and both light up blue. I wonder why yours were not retail packaged?

I also ordered 2 of the iGo wallpower 8 travel chargers and they differed from the picture and were in generic packaging and say they are made by motorola to fit igo tips! They work, they just don't say iGo on them and are all black but shaped just like the wallpower8 I have already that I got from radioshack.
    I just bought the A97 tip at RS and it seems to be working. Phone feels a little warm, but I have went from 17% to 65% in around an hour while streaming radio and checking email, etc. Anyone having any problems with this tip?
    Quote Originally Posted by airforcemti View Post
    I just bought the A97 tip at RS and it seems to be working. Phone feels a little warm, but I have went from 17% to 65% in around an hour while streaming radio and checking email, etc. Anyone having any problems with this tip?
    TheA97 was intermittent as many posters have said. Finally got fed up and returned it to Radio Shack. Bought a rocketfish mini USB cable with a micro adapter...did not work. I verified my USB port by using the OEM cable with no issues.
    i just got my a97 tip work fine.
    i just receive my 3000 series IGO and work with green and blue tips and it comes with 9 tips for only 2.99 plus shipping and taxes. Total 11.99. wow
    Global Posts
    108 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by amer3 View Post
    i just got my a97 tip work fine.
    It may work sometimes, but I guarantee you it won't charge properly when the phone is under load. It doesn't allow enough output, and the phone won't always recognize it.
    i just receive the A138 tip and it work allot better.No need to put the phone to sleep.It start charging as soon it was connected.
    I have been using the A32 tip with a motorola mini to micro usb converter that comes with Razr2's. Works like a charm both in my car and at my work, I did just try the a97 with the old home charger igo and it would ONLY work if the screen was locked. This is so strage,
    SCK Manager
    I'm using the A46 with no problems.
    Neil
    Handspring Visor Deluxe > Treo 600 > Palm Pre > iPhone 4s & Touchpad 32gb
    Global Posts
    426 Global Posts
    Anyone know where I can find output power specs for the different versions of the DualPower units?? I have tried the A97 and it definitely doesn't work right. But I have also tried the A32 and A53 tips with a mini-micro adapter and they work intermittently like the A97. I am wondering if my DualPower is limiting me. I have a Juice70 and another poster has said their Juice 70 worked with the A138. But before I purchase yet another tip I wanted to see if my DualPower was an issue. I know iGo sold several versions of the DualPower unit.
    Global Posts
    108 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by carrel View Post
    Anyone know where I can find output power specs for the different versions of the DualPower units?? I have tried the A97 and it definitely doesn't work right. But I have also tried the A32 and A53 tips with a mini-micro adapter and they work intermittently like the A97. I am wondering if my DualPower is limiting me. I have a Juice70 and another poster has said their Juice 70 worked with the A138. But before I purchase yet another tip I wanted to see if my DualPower was an issue. I know iGo sold several versions of the DualPower unit.
    I have one of those dualpower chargers too for my ice90 and the website shows that it will power a device under 15 watts, so it should charge the pre fine but you will have to use the A138 tip.
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast